News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

lazyboy97o

Is it possible that both can be true? Maybe the office is being torn down to make room for a second expansion pad. All the while Monsters is already under construction on the other side of the park. This would mean they could build twice as fast in the AC plot if an expansion were announced for that area in 2026.
Getting demolition done early would not allow building to occur twice as fast. Disney already typically overlaps design and construction. Getting the demolition done early isn’t really going to do much in the way of accelerating a project schedule.

Even if they are backing out of it, they’d have to announce by next week as that starts the beginning of September. They also probably need to file permits soon.
Probably not. The earliest permits that get filed (like those just filed for the Magic Kingdom) are for water management. Both sites are already rather built up so there should not be a need for changes to the park’s water management strategy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Calling DHS a junk drawer is disingenuous. It's almost as if Disney's Hollywood Studios is becoming a Theme Park featuring Disney's Hollywood Studios. Remember them? LucasFilm (Galaxy's Edge), Pixar (Toy Story Land, Mosters Inc Land), FOX and probably Marvel (eventually). When Muppets Courtyard does go, and it will in the next 10 years I expect, it will be for a Star Wars expansion. Everything about the Monsters Inc Land designs scream Animation Courtyard to me.
I don’t think I could shake my head more than on this one…thanks for that 👍🏻

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Am I seeing this right? We’re back to it’s too hot…so people don’t go to Florida again?

Right…it’s not at all the price…the upsell…and the uncomfortable environment Bob has intentionally create to bleed us all?

Can’t be that…wouldn’t result in an attendance lag that they have to admit publicly and to their financial detriment.

Nope

Disstevefan1

If Muppets goes, I lose all hope that Carousel of Progress is safe.

Nothing is sacred and there is no respect for the dead. Jim Henson doesn't matter and Walt Disney only matters when they can try and use him for marketing or selling tacky tchotckhes.
TWDC says nothing is sacred in WDW.

It’s not a matter of if COP goes, It’s a matter of when.

I stupidly thought COP was safe since they updated the seats.

They also updated the seats in Muppets and we see what’s going to happen there.

Super sad to think about this.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The site that shall not be named has released another video and has now quadrupled down on his claim that it’s Animation Courtyard.

EDIT: Yes, quadrupled.

1.) D23 Video
2.) Article
3.) News Video
4.) Today’s D23 Video

He also said Mermaid is saying and some kind of transition will take place.
I am fairly convinced that at the moment, only a very small group of people know the location, and typically, they are high ranking and those people don't talk.

Bocabear

If only there were parts of DHS that had shuttered attractions and expansion areas without removing an existing attraction....... lol
DHS has several development opportunities without removing anything except closed attractions and office space... and it seems like putting some organization into the park would be nice...like all the Pixar things in a contiguous area...in which case they could take advantage of this next construction project and start reorganizing the park in a sensical way... Perhaps Little Mermaid show should move to the Sounds Dangerous Superstar Television complex to allow Animation Courtyard to become a complete Pixar Studios area of Minilands....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'd rather keep the River and Island than Muppets. But I also don't see a great reason why we should have to lose either to grow the parks. They can both stay and there's still plenty of space to expand.

I do wonder why they don't open the store. I have to imagine that would help sales of Muppets merchandise.

If they are considering removing something to build this, then it's not just about finding a space for it, it's about what can they get rid of.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Probably not. The earliest permits that get filed (like those just filed for the Magic Kingdom) are for water management. Both sites are already rather built up so there should not be a need for changes to the park’s water management strategy.

Yep, we would likely see closure announcement before permits.

Disstevefan1

MisterT_pain.jpg

Surferboy567

I am fairly convinced that at the moment, only a very small group of people know the location, and typically, they are high ranking and those people don't talk.
I don't necessarily believe what he is saying but it's important to note because he has been right before.

I also get the feeling no one really knows besides those on the project or in affected areas.

Sneaky

I can’t believe how out of hand this has gotten to the point where it’s a high conspiracy esque secret.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom