News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

EPICOT

This is where I’m at as well. From my end it sounds like the decision is made. I have it on very good authority that the offices are being cleared out as we speak. Also hearing that while Muppets isn’t safe long term in the short term the grand ave area will be getting some muppet themed enhancements that may or may not include a rethemed Triceratops Spin.

So basically, if yall want more muppets in the park we need to show Disney that muppets can be a profitable IP and frequent this area should these muppets enhancements happen.
Surprised no one is mentioning this rumor of another flat ride coming to DHS. If a Muppets-themed spinner is added to the Courtyard, this could help solidify the Muppets presence at DHS. Even if they currently have plans to remove the area and MV, I tend to think Disney will default to the laziest, cheapest option, which is to just let it stay longer than you would think.

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I think that if MV survives this attempt at its life, it will be here another ~10 years.

dmc493

They have the infrastructure they want at Grand Avenue for the Monsters land.

Would it be cheaper than bulldozing AC and just move Muppets to a new theater?
I was literally just thinking this. I think Mickey Shorts is like half the size theater but I wouldn’t be mad as long as it stays in some fashion

djlaosc

This is where I’m at as well. From my end it sounds like the decision is made. I have it on very good authority that the offices are being cleared out as we speak. Also hearing that while Muppets isn’t safe long term in the short term the grand ave area will be getting some muppet themed enhancements that may or may not include a rethemed Triceratops Spin.

So basically, if yall want more muppets in the park we need to show Disney that muppets can be a profitable IP and frequent this area should these muppets enhancements happen.

Where would a rethemed Triceratops Spin fit? Would they knock down the Stage 1 Company Store for this?

You would think that it would fit better in Toy Story Land (paint them blue and you've got Trixie's Triceratops Spin), and I think someone on here has shown that it would fit.

Last edited:

CoasterCowboy67

I was literally just thinking this. I think Mickey Shorts is like half the size theater but I wouldn’t be mad as long as it stays in some fashion
Considering the limited paying crowd it actually gets (not free Internet “support”), Muppets would be very appropriate for the Mickey Shorts theater. They could give it a nice facade and actually fill those seats, maybe even enough to even make it a lightning lane. Can then open the way to use Grand Ave for something with more appeal to the paying crowd

10 minute wait on a hot Saturday afternoon
IMG_7278.png

djlaosc

Where would a rethemed Triceratops Spin fit? Would they knock down the Stage 1 Company Store for this?

You would think that it would fit better in Toy Story Land (paint them blue and you've got Trixie's Triceratops Spin), and I think someone on here has shown that it would fit.

Looks like the ride physically could fit inside the building while looking on the map, but it would be tight, depending on how thick the walls were.

1723924027542.png

mattpeto

Considering the limited paying crowd it actually gets (not free Internet “support”), Muppets would be very appropriate for the Mickey Shorts theater. They could give it a nice facade and actually fill those seats, maybe even enough to even make it a lightning lane. Can then open the way to use Grand Ave for something with more appeal to the paying crowd

View attachment 810123
It’s a smaller theater, no clue if they could pull that off. What are they willing to do to save Muppets?

Ichabod Crane

I don’t know much about the specifics atm, it’s just something I’ve heard thrown around a few times now over the past two days so I thought I’d mention it here just in case.

Fox&Hound

View attachment 810123
Looking at the map always reminds me what a mess this park is spatially. They need to sit down and reimagine this park and how people navigate it.

TrainsOfDisney

Muppets has high GSR, TSI and LB have low GSR. Simples.
Muppets is also an IP with a very large footprint on Disney+. Brand new documentary, multiple movies, multiple series, multiple spin-offs, and a Disney+ original. That doesn’t save them - but it is a very different conversation in the IP focused Disney offices.
If a Muppets-themed spinner is added to the Courtyard, this could help solidify the Muppets presence at DHS.
Agreed and that pat of the park really needs it. Nothing over there for kids other than muppet vision - would be a win-win.

Magenta Panther

This is absolutely disgusting and it shows you, not only have no respect for the art, but also have no respect for human decency.

It’s one thing to simply not care if an attraction stays, but to say “it should’ve died with him” is abhorrent and is not the type of thing that should be tolerated. I’m not going to sit around on a DISNEY forum and watch someone say that something should’ve died with its creator while the many people who were moved, touched, and impacted by the creation are voicing concern.

I hope a moderator or someone comes on here and sees this disgusting comment and decides to rightfully boot you from the forum.

And for those who are inevitably gonna start with me, this ISN’T Splash Mountain because Muppets isn’t based on a movie so problematic that it was racist for 1940’s standards!

The people who run this forum are apparently more tolerant of differing opinions than you.

This "keep them going no matter how bad/dated the product is" mentality is truly baffling to me. And I daresay, to others. Or maybe you've never heard of the "wrong-sounding Muppets" trope?

Magenta Panther

View attachment 810123

So your idea is to replace Mickey Mouse with the Muppets. In a Disney park. And you think that'd be more popular. Gotcha. :rolleyes:

SCOTLORR

So your idea is to replace Mickey Mouse with the Muppets. In a Disney park. And you think that'd be more popular. Gotcha. :rolleyes:
The idea is to replace a 10 minute short that can be seen on Disney+ with a film that represents Jim Henson’s legacy and is a Hollywood studios exclusive.

Would you mind clarifying how that’s a bad idea? Mickey Mouse can be found around every corner of every Disney park, including right in the center of the park we’re discussing right now. The Mickey shorts theatre is the literal definition of a waste of space.

Magenta Panther

On a different note, leaving aside if Monsters is bigger or worthier than Muppets, do you think Muppets needs to be replaced before Launch Bay (since those are the only options), and if so, why?
Muppets needed to be replaced long ago, and I still wonder if that's what the name change from Muppets Courtyard to Grand Avenue was all about. (Oh, the angst that erupted on these boards when that happened!)

Launch Bay is a waste of space (no pun intended) that also needs to go. Before or after doesn't make much difference to me, since you asked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom