News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Magenta Panther

If Disney folds because of a minority of people screaming about the loss of a very old and little-liked attraction (as far as Gen Z is concerned), how does it justify removing the Liberty Belle and Rivers of America?

Sneaky

I'm really at the point now of waiting until Disney announces the location. There are numerous knowledgeable people inside the company that are still in the dark, and momentum seems to be shifting each way on a near daily basis. At the time of the announcement I was confident it was AC, then in the days after it swung heavily to Muppets, now it is somewhere in between. So I think currently, it is all just speculation and not really helpful for me to keep relaying every sign of a change either way. If I receive anything concrete, I will report.
Very understandable. Hope we get something soon. Lord almighty this is the worst

Erdago

It's old tech compared to the tech in Monsters Laugh Floor and Turtle Talk. Just saying...
That’s not the point of the prior post. The point being made is that “puppet show” implies the computation of real time puppetry (think the old Playhouse Disney stage shows for an example), which Muppet Vision doesn’t do (well, beyond Sweetums). The Laugh Floor/Turtle Talk was to say the interactive show context is a closer representation to a theoretical “puppet show” than Muppet Vision 3D.

celluloid

It's old tech compared to the tech in Monsters Laugh Floor and Turtle Talk. Just saying...

Yep. Still not a puppet show as a cycled venue. Puppets were filmed. It is a 3D film with various mediums of special effects.

How is the age of technology relevant?

There are many attractions of the world that are enjoyed far more than what is High Tech.

Do you enjoy Mission Space more than Haunted Mansion?

Which do you think is more valuable to its park?

Plenty of latest tech attractions and venues open all of the time and fail to appeal and it does not automatically equate to a balance. Neither does a low-tech attraction automatically make it bad.

mikejs78

Premium Member
If Disney folds because of a minority of people screaming about the loss of a very old and little-liked attraction (as far as Gen Z is concerned), how does it justify removing the Liberty Belle and Rivers of America?

Little-liked? Hardly. Stop projecting your irrational hatred of the muppets onto everyone else.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240817-140620.png
    Screenshot_20240817-140620.png
    85 KB · Views: 52

DisCOT_97

Dude what are you on about? There wouldn’t be an outpour of support and love from people beyond the theme park fandom if the Muppets were old and the attraction “little liked”

Magenta Panther

They certainly are a huge part of pop culture and as an attraction roster, an asset to DHS. Not in their prime by any means.

However, Disney's California Adventure has been a money pit and needed any quick-change low cost for ROI it could get.

At the end of the day, They are far more popular than not making Walt Disney animation in a nothing happening building.
Yeah, that's why the latest show on Disney+ folded after one season. Which is just another addition to the litany of failures.

Yes, they're part of pop culture. But they're not DISNEY culture. That's why they need to go, especially since they're a money-loser. Good grief, Howdy Doody and Kukla, Fran and Ollie are a part of pop culture. But they're still dead. Remembered with fondness, but DEAD. Trying to keep the puppets going is like reviving a dead body. Zombies. Again, look at Looney Tunes. None of the attempted revivals have worked out, because they suck. And that's because the original Looney Tunes was created by a special group of people at a certain time in history. That's very hard to duplicate. As the failures of Looney Tunes: Back In Action (I saw that at the theater, and there were virtually NO laughs. The animation was great, the but the script was awful) and Space Jam 2. The current generation is not going to go for the puppets. There's too much better stuff out there. That's just the way it is.

This desire to keep the puppets going somehow is like the desire that spawned more Star Wars movies. And look what happened to that. Although, at least those made money, at first. Can't say that about the puppets...

WeNamedTheDogIndiana

Dude what are you on about? There wouldn’t be an outpour of support and love from people beyond the theme park fandom if the Muppets were old and the attraction “little liked”
*Cough cough, Piggy voice.* Little?!

But really, only the Muppets have successfully pulled off a film adaptation of The Haunted Mansion. Was it a massive blockbuster? No, but amongst parks fans that means a LOT.

Magenta Panther

Splash Mountain got several petitions denouncing its removal. Did that move the needle? No. We still got a piece-of-crap replacement.

Erdago

On a different note, leaving aside if Monsters is bigger or worthier than Muppets, do you think Muppets needs to be replaced before Launch Bay (since those are the only options), and if so, why?

Joel

Thank you. People need to stop treating that attraction like some sort of shrine, jeez.

Maybe Henson's kids - who have gotta be rolling in dough since they sold their dad's characters twice - can buy the theater and put it someplace. Maybe build their own theme park or something. Or maybe Sesame Place would want it. Or maybe some other theme park. Or whatever.
I've got an idea for a new museum, and this would be perfect for it! It's gonna be called A Salute to All Intellectual Property but Mostly the Muppets. I just need to find the right location.

Any of your neighbors looking to sell, by chance?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom