News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

TrainsOfDisney

For those of use who are 16 hours behind, what did the tweet on pg 108 or so say? I just tried to look at it, and it had been deleted.
A guy who works in the animation building said his office is moving to another location on property.
Backlot Tour quickly faded out but it was a great time and certainly had a stronger identity than whatever is there now.
It faded because it was completely neglected. That tour was an easy way to advertise Disney IP that could quickly and easily be swapped out - so much wasted potential.
Again, it was removed from Disneyland and nobody shed a tear. (Where were you THEN, Josh Gad?)
It closed for a temporary summer show and then never came back - it didn’t really close.
while Philharmagic was a hit coming in
Was it? Everytime I’ve been there the cast has been begging people to come see the show.
They need to find a way to reboot the muppets ip. I feel like ever since Jim Henson passed away muppets have never been the same and nothing has really lived up to the past quality of the muppets.
Brian Henson and Frank Oz did an excellent job with Christmas Carol and a good job with Treasure Island. I thought muppets most wanted was hilarious as well.

James Alucobond

If Disney folds because of a minority of people screaming about the loss of a very old and little-liked attraction (as far as Gen Z is concerned), how does it justify removing the Liberty Belle and Rivers of America?
Something new will go in both locations at DHS eventually regardless, and there is no deeply planned phase 2 dependent on one location over the other. Cars is going where it is in large part to give them the access they want to Villains and to finally resolve the BTMRR dead end.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
Then, maybe, the solution is to let them die with him...?
This is absolutely disgusting and it shows you, not only have no respect for the art, but also have no respect for human decency.

It’s one thing to simply not care if an attraction stays, but to say “it should’ve died with him” is abhorrent and is not the type of thing that should be tolerated. I’m not going to sit around on a DISNEY forum and watch someone say that something should’ve died with its creator while the many people who were moved, touched, and impacted by the creation are voicing concern.

I hope a moderator or someone comes on here and sees this disgusting comment and decides to rightfully boot you from the forum.

And for those who are inevitably gonna start with me, this ISN’T Splash Mountain because Muppets isn’t based on a movie so problematic that it was racist for 1940’s standards!

BrianLo

See, to me, the most important thing is them vacating and tearing down the animation office building. If they do that, it’s a commitment to building something there in the near future. I’m less concerned if it’s Monsters now or Zootopia later or whatever but it needs to be something to an actually expand the park and increase the offerings.

So I take this a good sign regardless of Monsters.

Best case scenario - and yes I’m asking for the world here: Monsters takes over muppets, but reutilizes the theatre for a new show. Muppets still get a new presence. A better animation courtyard replacement with a family friendly, non-height restricted attraction follows 1-2 years later, but perhaps was just a bit too early to bring to D23.

Worst case scenario is Monsters takes over muppets and there is no replacement show and no Animation Courtyard project. DHS actually loses family friendly capacity.

djlaosc

See this:

That being said, seems to me that if you build new parking elsewhere (e.g. on the other side of World Drive), you can remove the parking deck next to TSL and use that footprint for any essentially park functions that "need to be" inside the park while moving the offices and other stuff displaced to other locations. That would put all the backstage stuff next to Cypress Drive and open up a lot of space for true expansion and a connection to the RNR area.

So, based on that, would this be correct?
1) would need to stay
2&3) would need to be backstage somewhere, either in their current location, or moved elsewhere
4&5) could be moved outside of the park area

1723921680991.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom