News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

celluloid

DHS needs more dark ride/boat/flume rides that are family friendly, especially families with little ones that don’t match the height requirement.

I think dhs already leans heavier on the thrills than most Disney parks. A monster inc coaster sounds exciting, but it doesn’t really add more inclusivity to the park

It could genuinely benefit with a monsters inc dark ride to accompany the monster inc land. Hop

Bingo. This is another reason why Muppets as a location is staying for now. Real estate relatively small. No height requirement and an easy people pleaser while people that have paid for their next genie plus and who have not enjoy and spend more money in the park.

If Muppets left. You only have Toy Story Mania, Swirling Saucers and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway as attractions with no height requirement. Often those kids under 40 inches are costing families 100 bucks a day or more to get into the gate.

Muppets hits all the audience quadrants and segmentation of accessibility with low cost and little downtime.

Also remember. Muppets being toast and Monsters being animation courtyard are not mutually exclusive. Muppets could go for another 3D theater show or indoor venue.

Magenta Panther

Not a done deal yet but still leaning towards MV annoyingly.
Good.

I mean, come on. The puppet theater is gonna disappear sooner or later. Again, it was removed from Disneyland and nobody shed a tear. (Where were you THEN, Josh Gad?)

The VAST majority of parkgoers will enjoy a Monsters Inc. Land more than they ever enjoyed the puppet theater.

(Again, I'd prefer Roger Rabbit as a replacement, but oh well...)

Magenta Panther

Honest question: who do we trust in this situation, because honestly I don’t know! We have Martin and Brayden saying muppets is toast, a bunch of other people and Alicia Stella saying it’s leaning towards ac, and Tom saying it’s always been AC. It’s an actual madhouse
Martin has always been reliable. When the rumor went out that the puppets were going to appear in Liberty Square (and there was quite a bit of pushback on that here), Martin said that there was some truth to it, and what do you know...

celluloid

Good.

I mean, come on. The puppet theater is gonna disappear sooner or later. Again, it was removed from Disneyland and nobody shed a tear. (Where were you THEN, Josh Gad?)

The VAST majority of parkgoers will enjoy a Monsters Inc. Land more than they every enjoyed the puppet theater.

(Again, I'd prefer Roger Rabbit as a replacement, but oh well...)

Vastly different audience and park that can't find its tone. And it was not the original. And Muppets was a part of a park that was and is still struggling while Philharmagic was a hit coming in.

Magenta Panther

Bingo. This is another reason why Muppets as a location is staying for now. Real estate relatively small. No height requirement and an easy people pleaser while people that have paid for their next genie plus and who have not enjoy and spend more money in the park.

If Muppets left. You only have Toy Story Mania, Swirling Saucers and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway as attractions with no height requirement. Often those kids under 40 inches are costing families 100 bucks a day or more to get into the gate.

Muppets hits all the audience quadrants and segmentation of accessibility with low cost and little downtime.

Also remember. Muppets being toast and Monsters being animation courtyard are not mutually exclusive. Muppets could go for another 3D theater show or indoor venue.
Try to make it clear that all this is your opinion, not fact, okay?

Sneaky

The plot thickens? Henry let me know if I’m reading this wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_3096.jpeg
    IMG_3096.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 85

Quietmouse

Out of curiosity why doesn’t Disney just announce the location at d23 or a week later via press release like they did for cars land?

Does Disney internally not know where this is going or do they like playing footsies.

Magenta Panther

Not true. There is a large segment of an audience that do not enjoy coasters/coasters in dark/height requirements/age accessibility. Not sure why you insist on calling it a puppet theater. Sort of an odd intentional misnomer.
They're puppets (okay, filmed puppets, but still). In a theater. What's the problem?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Sneaky

celluloid

But...but...the Muppets are so popular!!!!

They certainly are a huge part of pop culture and as an attraction roster, an asset to DHS. Not in their prime by any means.

However, Disney's California Adventure has been a money pit and needed any quick-change low cost for ROI it could get.

At the end of the day, They are far more popular than not making Walt Disney animation in a nothing happening building.

Magenta Panther

It is a 3D film.

Monsters inc Laugh Floor and Turtle Talk is more of a puppet show theater. Digital puppet software.

In the entertainment world, the term puppet theater would be off.

Again folks, it has always been animation courtyard since the announcement.
It's old tech compared to the tech in Monsters Laugh Floor and Turtle Talk. Just saying...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Crossing my fingers. You hear anything about any potential momentum shifting to AC?
I'm really at the point now of waiting until Disney announces the location. There are numerous knowledgeable people inside the company that are still in the dark, and momentum seems to be shifting each way on a near daily basis. At the time of the announcement I was confident it was AC, then in the days after it swung heavily to Muppets, now it is somewhere in between. So I think currently, it is all just speculation and not really helpful for me to keep relaying every sign of a change either way. If I receive anything concrete, I will report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom