News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sneaky

this whole situation got me thinking of old DHS. watched this video and MAN how times have changed. While I think the change to more “single ip” lanes and dhs’s new face have been the right move, it is nostalgic to see all the old moviemaking studio stuff. It had its time, but dhs needed to evolve. Movie ride shoulda lived though

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
this whole situation got me thinking of old DHS. watched this video and MAN how times have changed. While I think the change to more “single ip” lanes and dhs’s new face have been the right move, it is nostalgic to see all the old moviemaking studio stuff. It had its time, but dhs needed to evolve. Movie ride shoulda lived though

Nice video 😁

celluloid

Wild isn't it? Especially when as you mentioned, some of the more evergreen that complimented are gone.

Great Movie Ride, Tower of Terror and Animation in its prime were such a great theme with Star Tours, Muppets and Indy great supporting. Backlot Tour quickly faded out but it was a great time and certainly had a stronger identity than whatever is there now.

Also, it is wild that Universal has had so much change but maintains the identity a squeeze better for sure, and although it has changed so much. It still has opening day venues. I never would have thought Disney's park so much younger than the others based on a specific identity would not have a single opening day experience left.

Sneaky

Wild isn't it? Especially when as you mentioned, some of the more evergreen that complimented are gone.

Great Movie Ride, Tower of Terror and Animation in its prime were such a great theme with Star Tours, Muppets and Indy great supporting. Backlot Tour quickly faded out but it was a great time and certainly had a stronger identity than whatever is there now.

Also, it is wild that Universal has had so much change but maintains the identity a squeeze better for sure, and although it has changed so much. It still has opening day venues. I never would have thought Disney's park so much younger than the others based on a specific identity would not have a single opening day experience left.
Yeah. It was a great overarching theme, but the theme park world was changing, and time was passing it by. I still felt more of it could’ve adapted, but still. Probably better long term than we instead are now living the movies.
I think the old slogan they used for Star tours “now the adventures are real” could be a killer tagline for this park

celluloid

Yeah. It was a great overarching theme, but the theme park world was changing, and time was passing it by. I still felt more of it could’ve adapted, but still. Probably better long term than we instead are now living the movies.
I think the old slogan they used for Star tours “now the adventures are real” could be a killer tagline for this park

I think that is debatable on how it was handled. Because the park is struggling with attendance and Guest Satisfaction.

Sneaky

This whole situation

Attachments

• IMG_3095.jpeg
    IMG_3095.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 16

Quietmouse

DHS needs more dark ride/boat/flume rides that are family friendly, especially families with little ones that don’t match the height requirement.

I think dhs already leans heavier on the thrills than most Disney parks. A monster inc coaster sounds exciting, but it doesn’t really add more inclusivity to the park

It could genuinely benefit with a monsters inc dark ride to accompany the monster inc land. Hop

Sneaky

Honest question: who do we trust in this situation, because honestly I don’t know! We have Martin and Brayden saying muppets is toast, a bunch of other people and Alicia Stella saying it’s leaning towards ac, and Tom saying it’s always been AC. It’s an actual madhouse

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom