News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sneaky

Narrative mess? I dunno, I think "wave your hands because mine don't work" is genius! /Sarcasm
Hey, it’s still a fun ride and imo better than DCA version. Yeah I said it, it was a mess even as twilight zone. Lacked what made the tower in Florida great

zipadee999

Perfect name. Merges the two names of Mickey Avenue and Animation Courtyard plus alliteration!
It also balances the park. The front half of the park is themed to the golden age of Hollywood with Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard. The back half is themed to different forms of media. The left side is themed to live action media with Indy, Muppets, Star Wars, Sci Fi, etc. The right side is themed to animation with Mickey, Monsters, Toy Story, Little Mermaid, etc.

My biggest concern is Hollywood Studios losing its live-action film representation, but putting Monsters in the courtyard at least clumps the animated IPs close together so they don’t overtake the entire park

doctornick

It also balances the park. The front half of the park is themed to the golden age of Hollywood with Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard. The back half is themed to different forms of media. The left side is themed to live action media with Indy, Muppets, Star Wars, Sci Fi, etc. The right side is themed to animation with Mickey, Monsters, Toy Story, Little Mermaid, etc.

My biggest concern is Hollywood Studios losing its live-action film representation, but putting Monsters in the courtyard at least clumps the animated IPs close together so they don’t overtake the entire park
Then replace the IJ stunt show with the Shanghai POTC ride and you keep live action in the area

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Splash Mountain was arguably the most iconic theme park attraction in the planet. Nothing is sacred.
I feel that comparison is a little disingenuous. Nothing else at any Disney park is based on a movie that's been banned by the company for decades for being racist.

A more apt comparison would be Great Movie Ride or Backlot Tour which were park icons and then got replaced by more popular IPs

EeyoreFan#24

The more I think about it, AC makes the most sense. It would be reducing an IP foot print and introducing a brand new one with a land. Opens up the possibility for more shops and restaurants, with new revenue.

Muppets would just be a retheme to an existing area, mostly just replacing existing revenue with hopefully better ones.

Also apologies, this has probably been mentioned about 23 times already.

Sneaky

I feel that comparison is a little disingenuous. Nothing else at any Disney park is based on a movie that's been banned by the company for decades for being racist.
Yeah. Spalsh was a diff situation too. They just were going all in on merch for splash for the 30th, even up into January of 2020. It was just an unprecedented scenario. I miss the great movie ride still.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

A more apt comparison would be Great Movie Ride or Backlot Tour which were park icons and then got replaced by more popular IPs
The connection between the movie and the ride was tenuous at best. Splash Mountain was way more famous than Song of the South.

castlecake2.0

So, if we are now back to looking at Animation Courtyard and the area behind it, what parts of the area in yellow need to remain in order for the park to run (ie, what is potential expansion space, either for this, or something else, and what needs to remain existing, or would need to be moved elsewhere within this space for the park to continue operating? What would be completely off the table to build guest accessible areas on?

View attachment 810081
Everything in yellow is support buildings/things that would need to go somewhere for the park to still operate. The blue square is infrastructure that I would be very surprised they would ever move.
F462A6C3-5263-42B3-AA3E-E71C2872F056.jpeg

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The connection between the movie and the ride was tenuous at best. Splash Mountain was way more famous than Song of the South.
I'm not relitigating the retheme or trying to get into it. Just saying that until the Twilight Zone has been removed from all home distribution for 30+ years or so because of a controversy around it, then Tower of Terror is a different situation and the comparison feels disingenuous.

But your point still stands that nothing at DHS is necessarily considered sacred by Disney if Great Movie Ride, Backlot Tour, Streets of America, and MuppetVision can all be removed. Tower of Terror is likely safe for a long time considering its popularity. But it's still a park icon based on a 3rd party IP so you never know what the future will hold

Sneaky

I'm not relitigating the retheme or trying to get into it. Just saying that until the Twilight Zone has been removed from all home distribution for 30+ years or so because of a controversy around it, then Tower of Terror is a different situation and the comparison feels disingenuous.

But your point still stands that nothing at DHS is necessarily considered sacred by Disney if Great Movie Ride, Backlot Tour, Streets of America, and MuppetVision can all be removed. Tower of Terror is likely safe for a long time considering its popularity. But it's still a park icon based on a 3rd party IP so you never know what the future will hold
The backlot tour and streets of America was a necessary sacrifice imo. Great movie ride was not. Mickey 100% could’ve gone in Indy’s place or something with the el-capitoon

Ichabod Crane

Recent developments.

I'm still firm on Muppets will be leaving eventually (death waits for nobody after all), but as it stands, I have good reason and have it on good word to believe Monsters Inc will be in Animation Courtyard and will co-exist with Mermaid.

As a note: some people are remaining dead set it is still Muppets Courtyard. But I've collaborated information with others and currently Animation Courtyard is the most prevalent.
This is where I’m at as well. From my end it sounds like the decision is made. I have it on very good authority that the offices are being cleared out as we speak. Also hearing that while Muppets isn’t safe long term in the short term the grand ave area will be getting some muppet themed enhancements that may or may not include a rethemed Triceratops Spin.

So basically, if yall want more muppets in the park we need to show Disney that muppets can be a profitable IP and frequent this area should these muppets enhancements happen.

Sneaky

This is where I’m at as well. From my end it sounds like the decision is made. I have it on very good authority that the offices are being cleared out as we speak. Also hearing that while Muppets isn’t safe long term in the short term the grand ave area will be getting some muppet themed enhancements that may or may not include a rethemed Triceratops Spin.

So basically, if yall want more muppets in the park we need to show Disney that muppets can be a profitable IP and frequent this area should these muppets enhancements happen.
Yes we should. I’m glad that if muppetvision has to go out eventually, at least it will potentially be on a high note. Will the muppets potentially have a future beyond muppetvision 3D?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom