News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

nickys

Premium Member
Let’s say for argument sake, it goes in Animation Courtyard.

How would this practically work? How large of an area are we talking here? Does Little Mermaid run for a few years and then is folded in the land?

Another thing in terms of land reveals, I doubt they are just gonna put a giant monsters inc building right off from the hub. So I imagine the land will be set back a bit, easing us into Monsters giving us a proper “wow” moment and reveal.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the surface area of AC seems much larger then Muppets. This should (in theory) enable a much more ambitious land.

So what are we thinking:

1 E Ticket (Door Coaster and Factory)
1 show (Laugh Floor?)
1 dining location (Harry’s)
1 store
1 character meet and greet location
Streets of Monstropolis

Another thing what is a reasonable time to expect this to open? If it’s a new build from scratch I’d say 2028 - 2029?
Wasn’t there mention of a playground?

SCOTLORR

Let’s say for argument sake, it goes in Animation Courtyard.

How would this practically work? How large of an area are we talking here? Does Little Mermaid run for a few years and then is folded in the land?

Another thing in terms of land reveals, I doubt they are just gonna put a giant monsters inc building right off from the hub. So I imagine the land will be set back a bit, easing us into Monsters giving us a proper “wow” moment and reveal.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the surface area of AC seems much larger then Muppets. This should (in theory) enable a much more ambitious land.

So what are we thinking:

1 E Ticket (Door Coaster and Factory)
1 show (Laugh Floor?)
1 dining location (Harry’s)
1 store
1 character meet and greet location
Streets of Monstropolis

Another thing what is a reasonable time to expect this to open? If it’s a new build from scratch I’d say 2028 - 2029?
If monsters is set far back enough into AC, you can theoretically keep mermaid open as a miscellaneous street with Walt Disney Presents and the current “Pixar Plaza” area that has the incredibles stuff (renamed by that point of course).

I could see them making an effort to keep mermaid in any case since they just invested into it.

Surferboy567

If monsters is set far back enough into AC, you can theoretically keep mermaid open as a miscellaneous street with Walt Disney Presents and the current “Pixar Plaza” area that has the incredibles stuff (renamed by that point of course).

I could see them making an effort to keep mermaid in any case since they just invested into it.
I rather they just bulldoze Mermaid but sure. If they want it so badly I guess it can stay. I don’t think we really need a Little Mermaid show. Rather that theater be used for something different or something more substantial.

DKampy

When was the last.time Disney opened a land less than four years after commencement?
Cars will be 2028 to 2029. And that is likely generous.
That is what I said.,. My guess for cars was 2029…. With Monsters inc being 2028… IMO The biggest Issue with new attractions when it comes to Disney is they announce projects too early… usually Months… sometimes years before construction begins… Universsl will keep things secretive even well into construction… which is to their advantage… but then again they don’t have a fan event like D23 where fans will come at Disney with
Pitchforks if they don’t get any new announcements
The point still stands.it is far.too funny to call Villians land an "answer" to Monsters: Dark Universe. When there is a decade or more separation and other things on the horizon.
I have no idea if Villains or Monsters will be the better land… I have not experienced either… but Monsters most definitely got the ball rolling on Villains

Moth

Alicia from parkstop was saying similar things on her forum this morning too. Not declaring victory but there is hope
What Alicia is saying is currently the situation to my knowledge. Almost everyone heard something that was taken as "Muppets is going" which has now settled down to "Muppets was Plan A, it is now Plan B".

Weirdly odd I'm being deemed a "plugged-in insider" on that forum... Oh well. What makes me plugged-in? I'm just a girl!

Surferboy567

Alicia from parkstop was saying similar things on her forum this morning too. Not declaring victory but there is hope. And if it ends up being it, I suspect Disney will say the following “whaaat? Nooo, it was ALWAYS the plan! You guys are craaazyy”
I mean (as unlikely as it may seem) it’s possible that it always was the plan.

Sneaky

What Alicia is saying is currently the situation to my knowledge.
Hopefully they hold true on it. Would love a happy ending to this story. Funny because isn’t the letter writing part also what happened with the whole #savethejamboree situation that played a part in it? I guess if there’s one thing you can’t touch at wdw, it’s funny singing creatures.

Moth

And how do you know?
Recent developments.

I'm still firm on Muppets will be leaving eventually (death waits for nobody after all), but as it stands, I have good reason and have it on good word to believe Monsters Inc will be in Animation Courtyard and will co-exist with Mermaid.

As a note: some people are remaining dead set it is still Muppets Courtyard. But I've collaborated information with others and currently Animation Courtyard is the most prevalent.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom