Monorails to no longer operate during Evening Extra Magic Hours

Uncle Lupe

There aren't any catagories for Theme Park view at WL.

And we're talking about base price points at these resorts, not theme park views, or garden views, or woods views, or standard. The base prices for the cheapest rooms at each of those resorts vary because of proximity to the parks, which park they are closest to, and ease of access.

Doesn't that figure into the base room rate? That you can view the theme park from your resort if you wish? Just like the Mods are more because of the refined theming that you are paying for that the Values do not have.

Kamikaze

Doesn't that figure into the base room rate? That you can view the theme park from your resort if you wish? Just like the Mods are more because of the refined theming that you are paying for that the Values do not have.

Yes, there are theme park view categories, but those additions are on top of the regular rate. If you're on the other side of Contemporary, you obviously aren't getting a theme park view.

draybook

Because most of the guests who stay at a Value Resort (or any non MK Resort) get to the MK via bus. When they leave the MK, most of the guests who stay at a Value resort will exist the turnstyles and head east to the bus loading area and board their bus back their Value Resort.

The majority of Value Resort guests do not drive their cars to the MK parking lot (if they even have a car with them) and get to MK via the Monorail. Hence, the majority of Value Resort guests do not rely upon the Monorail as a means to get them to and from the MK.

People that stay at a MK area Monorail Resort do infact rely most heavily upon the Monorail to get them to and from the MK. Hence, they are more greatly impacted.

It's not rocket science.

I meant what is the mode of transportation for the guests staying at the Poly or GF if the monorail is down. Are there boats strictly for these resorts? I've never stayed there so I'm not familiar with them.

And as for your little quip about rocket science, well, I'm not one of those getting gouged for a perk that you claim doesn't really belong to me anyways, so sit on it Potsy.

Because you are, as a Pop Guest, entitled to bus service to MK. This change does not change that service. Just because you are choosing your own transportation method does not make it somehow Disney's fault that choosing your own method of transportation is inconvenienced when they have already supplied you with an easier, more efficient method of getting to the park. If you choose to make the trip more difficult, that is your fault, not Disney's.

I don't recall blaming Disney, nor do I recall saying that it was making my trip difficult. Do I need to try my hand at illustrations on here? Granted, I've never used the bus system, but from all of the horror stories I've heard on here I'd guess that my method is easier. This trip we'll just have to ferry across, grab a tram and drive off. It's never been an issue before.

Kamikaze

I don't recall blaming Disney, nor do I recall saying that it was making my trip difficult. Do I need to try my hand at illustrations on here? Granted, I've never used the bus system, but from all of the horror stories I've heard on here I'd guess that my method is easier. This trip we'll just have to ferry across, grab a tram and drive off. It's never been an issue before.

You're just trolling now.

The bus system, by and large, is fine. It is especially much easier at MK, because you don't lose 20-30 minutes making the trek across/around the lake.

EvilQueen-T

there is currently those ittie bittie roughly 30 seat boats that make a loop from the mk to the poly and gf...slow and little, those will empty the park quick :ROFLOL:. we always stay through the end of emh and i'm sorry but there are still lines at the buses etc... to get back to resorts even in the less crowded seasons (we usually travel after thanksgiving but before christmas and have waited plenty long for buses from mk to our resort).

my guess is that they may have poly and gf get on the wl bus. often i've seen coming from places like dtd they will have the contemporary, wl, gf, and poly all on the same bus so that may be one option. another way for people staying at least at the poly would be to take the big ferry to transportation ticket station then walk to the resort.

personally i just really think it stinks. who wants to pay to stay at the contemporary for instance, see the monorail drive literally right past their room but be told...naah if you don't go to bed early you can walk. not very magical imo.

i made our reservation for a last minute trip to stay at the poly in mid august before i knew they'd made the changes so i'm anxiously awaiting what people on these forums say once it starts.

draybook

You're just trolling now.

The bus system, by and large, is fine. It is especially much easier at MK, because you don't lose 20-30 minutes making the trek across/around the lake.

Actually, I was waiting for someone to explain the transportation setup for the resort line hotels. As usual though, instead of that I get the run around. Thank you EvilQueen for enlightening me. I can see how a smaller boat would be a pain, but then I'd have to ask how many people are actually staying at those resort line hotels at the end of EMH. Would that number be enough to clog up those boats, as opposed to the people staying at other hotels that use the TTC?

Just a question......

captainkidd

Draybook, first off, don't think I'm caling you a "peon" because you stay at Pop Century. Look at my signature. I'm a Value guy myself. Only reason we stay at the monorail resorts now is there are 5 of us, and it's a lot easier to get on and off the monorail with little kids in a stroller than a bus.

As for you saying the buses are a nightmare, at times, they can be. But trust me, if you're leaving the MK at closing, you will get back to your room at Pop MUCH faster taking the bus, rather than ferry or monorail to the TTC, then driving.

The only points I (I won't speak for anyone else) am trying to make are this:

1.When you stay at a monorail resort, part of the premium you are paying for is the monorail. It says so in the Official Disney Guide, in any brochure, on their website, etc. Nowhere does it say Pop (or any other resorts) have this benefit, therefore, you're not losing anything that was there before.

2.In conjunction with my first point, it's your choice to drive and take the monorail. I get it - I like the monorail myself. However, paint it any you want, you are making the trip longer and more difficult on yourself the way you are going about it. However, that is YOUR choice.

DonaldDoleWhip

Wow, talk about thick headed. Yes, it's my decision to drive to the MK. And it's other people's decision to pay that extra sum to stay at a monorail resort. Myself and those fortunate people who stay at the monorail resorts will still be standing together waiting on a ferry come this September. Well, that is if they associate with people from "my group".

edit: what I'm trying to get at is that instead of arguing, can we not just agree that all parties that depend on the monorail will be inconvenienced. Some just pay more for the inconvenience.
I don't recall blaming Disney, nor do I recall saying that it was making my trip difficult. Do I need to try my hand at illustrations on here?
Um, what?

I had the impression that the theme park views and elaborate theming was the reason the price difference in resorts. If you want a park view at any resort you are going to pay more. What are the park views from Wilderness Lodge like?
Elaborate theming only accounts for so much. WL and AKL are 2 of the most elaborately themed deluxe resorts, and currently I could get a room at WL for $260 a night. Poly is also an elaborately themed deluxe that happens to be on the monorail, and current rack rates start at $395 a night (for a non-lagoon/theme park view). Yes, you can see MK from the Poly grounds, but you can also see MK from parts of Wilderness (there are woods view rooms that have views of the Castle, Space Mountain, and Wishes). Poly and WL are similar in almost every way, but one has monorail/boat and the other has bus/boat to MK. That says a lot.

Uncle Lupe

So as there been any confirmation on this change being for maintenance reasons?

Maybe for people staying at these resort complain they will get a discount for the few days they can't use the monorail for full evening EMH. If not you will just look like a fool for complaining. :lol:

I got a discount when I was asked if my room was alright and I told them housekeeping had left an old washcloth on the shower rod. This incident did not happen at Disney.

draybook

Ok, someone help me out here. There are 3 lines, correct; Epcot, Resort, and Express. One is for the Resort loop folks, one is for the Epcot loop, and the Express is for folks using the TTC. Is this correct so far?

And from my understanding, all 3 will not be in operation 1 hour after park closing. Is this still correct? Perhaps I read the article wrong?

EvilQueen-T

the reply i got when i emailed guest services to ask about it sounded more like it was permanent but i have to wonder what they'll do say during christmas through new years week when the parks are insane.

captainkidd

Ok, someone help me out here. There are 3 lines, correct; Epcot, Resort, and Express. One is for the Resort loop folks, one is for the Epcot loop, and the Express is for folks using the TTC. Is this correct so far?

And from my understanding, all 3 will not be in operation 1 hour after park closing. Is this still correct? Perhaps I read the article wrong?

From what I understood by the signage last week was only the Epcot line would be closed during the last 2 hours of EMH evenings. It didn't say anything about the MK or TTC lines, but this is just going by what I saw at the stations.

DonaldDoleWhip

From what I understood by the signage last week was only the Epcot line would be closed during the last 2 hours of EMH evenings. It didn't say anything about the MK or TTC lines, but this is just going by what I saw at the stations.
The change for the MK lines (resort and express) is supposed to take effect on August 1st.

Edit: Already beaten

draybook

So if they have 1 line that supports people from offsite or non monorail hotels, then the people that use them are affected, correct? And those same people are also paying for the privilege of using the monorails, right?

So I understand that people at the resort loop are getting reamed by this decision, but to say that they're the only ones affected is incorrect. They make the choice to stay there, just like I make the choice to drive to the MK.

Kidd, I understand what you're talking about, but I'm sure it doesn't say that only the resort loop people are able to use the monorails after park closing, does it?

Another reason we like to drive ourselves is that when we're in our own car, we can go straight off site if need be, such as a Steak N Shake run or maybe to Walgreens.

DonaldDoleWhip

So if they have 1 line that supports people from offsite or non monorail hotels, then the people that use them are affected, correct? And those same people are also paying for the privilege of using the monorails, right?

So I understand that people at the resort loop are getting reamed by this decision, but to say that they're the only ones affected is incorrect. They make the choice to stay there, just like I make the choice to drive to the MK.

Kidd, I understand what you're talking about, but I'm sure it doesn't say that only the resort loop people are able to use the monorails after park closing, does it?

Another reason we like to drive ourselves is that when we're in our own car, we can go straight off site if need be, such as a Steak N Shake run or maybe to Walgreens.
I don't recall blaming Disney, nor do I recall saying that it was making my trip difficult. Do I need to try my hand at illustrations on here?
There's really no point in trying to discuss anything with you. That said, you're right. You will be affected by about 5 minutes max. Monorail resort guests will be much more noticeably affected, and they expect the monorail as part of their extremely high room rate, and that's part of the reason why they choose the monorail resorts in the first place. You, on the other hand, still have the bus service that was always provided to you as part of your choice to stay at Pop for $80 a night. Like I said, if I were staying at a monorail resort anytime soon, this would really really upset me. And it did upset me, so we changed our booking. Now that I'll be staying at a non-monorail resort (WL in a few days, then Swan or Beach Club later in the year), I'm indifferent, as it won't affect my experience. That's the difference.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

This is because the change to the MK lines has not come into effect yet. Come August 1 the signs will be up along the MK stations as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom