Monorails to no longer operate during Evening Extra Magic Hours

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So what's been going on with party nights? Have a 9PM ADR at CA Grille, staying at the Poly in a few weeks. Was hoping to take the monorail TO dinner and then take a couple of nice relaxing boat rides back . . . thinking the launch to WL/FW, and then switch to MK launch, then the Poly/Grand launch back "home". Since I'm not in a hurry think it will be nice to just ride around on the water . . .

This is the latest on party night operation

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Transportat...-operating-later-on-ticketed-event-nights.htm

havoc315

Thanks.... But since the new policy, upcoming dates will be the first time that the MK closes at 8 pm, with not parties....
So if a Contemporary guest is returning on the Epcot monorail at 9:30... does that mean they have to take a bus from TTC?
If a Grand Floridian guest is finishing dinner at 9:15 at California Grill... is there any transportation option?

Figment1986

So some 8 pm closing nights are coming up soon... Does that mean the resort monorail will be closing down at 9 pm? Stranding guests who are returning on the Epcot monorail, and stranding monorail resort diners? Or will the resort monorail keep running till 10 pm? Any word from anywhere?

I don't think they would strand people at all... If there are parties that night then they may keep resort running till 10pm.

havoc315

I don't think they would strand people at all... If there are parties that night then they may keep resort running till 10pm.

That's just it... There are no MK parties... Just with the slow season, there are some regular 8 pm closings of MK.

If the resort monorail does close at 9 pm....

I'm wondering what the transportation options will be for guests returning from Epcot at around 9:30.. Epcot Monorail to TTC, and will there be buses from the TTC to the monorail resorts? What times will the buses run until?
And similarly, will there be any Disney transportation between the monorail resorts after 9 pm? Or would a guest be stuck taking a bus from the Contemporary to Downtown Disney, just to transfer to get to the Grand Floridian/Polynesian?

Did Knee

Or would a guest be stuck taking a bus from the Contemporary to Downtown Disney, just to transfer to get to the Grand Floridian/Polynesian?

Would the boat still be operating? Wouldn't it be possible (albeit less convenient) to take the boat to MK then walk to the Contemporary?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That's just it... There are no MK parties... Just with the slow season, there are some regular 8 pm closings of MK.

If the resort monorail does close at 9 pm....

I'm wondering what the transportation options will be for guests returning from Epcot at around 9:30.. Epcot Monorail to TTC, and will there be buses from the TTC to the monorail resorts? What times will the buses run until?
And similarly, will there be any Disney transportation between the monorail resorts after 9 pm? Or would a guest be stuck taking a bus from the Contemporary to Downtown Disney, just to transfer to get to the Grand Floridian/Polynesian?

Why would you take a bus from TTC to DDT to get to the Poly? Why not just walk? :hammer:

havoc315

Why would you take a bus from TTC to DDT to get to the Poly? Why not just walk? :hammer:

Not from TTC.. From the Contemporary. *If* the resort Monorail does indeed close at 9 pm on a non-party night, then how would one get from the Contemporary to the Poly after, for example, a dinner ending after 9?

Yes, quite easy to walk from the TTC to the Poly. But if the MK is closing at 8 pm, and the resort monorail is closing at 9 pm, how would one get from the Contemporary to the TTC after 9 pm? How late does the Contemporary run buses to the TTC?

In regards to the Epcot example, yes-- easy to walk from the TTC to the Poly, but what about the Contemporary and GF? If you stay for Illuminations at 9 pm, grab an Epcot monorail around 9:15, getting back to the TTC at 9:30... how do you then get from the TTC to the GF or Contemporary? (If the resort monorail is indeed closing down at 9 pm sharp).

These hypotheticals become real this week... This Wednesday, for example, is a regular park close of 8 pm at MK. I don't know if there will be any alternative transportation working around MK after 9 pm, as there are no EMH or anything else going on.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just to throw this into the confusion. The monorail occasionally operates different hours altogether. This past Sunday night saw the Epcot monorail operate to 11pm.

Pioneer Hall

Not from TTC.. From the Contemporary. *If* the resort Monorail does indeed close at 9 pm on a non-party night, then how would one get from the Contemporary to the Poly after, for example, a dinner ending after 9?

Yes, quite easy to walk from the TTC to the Poly. But if the MK is closing at 8 pm, and the resort monorail is closing at 9 pm, how would one get from the Contemporary to the TTC after 9 pm? How late does the Contemporary run buses to the TTC?

In regards to the Epcot example, yes-- easy to walk from the TTC to the Poly, but what about the Contemporary and GF? If you stay for Illuminations at 9 pm, grab an Epcot monorail around 9:15, getting back to the TTC at 9:30... how do you then get from the TTC to the GF or Contemporary? (If the resort monorail is indeed closing down at 9 pm sharp).

These hypotheticals become real this week... This Wednesday, for example, is a regular park close of 8 pm at MK. I don't know if there will be any alternative transportation working around MK after 9 pm, as there are no EMH or anything else going on.

There are buses that will take you to any monorail accessible area after it closes. If you are at the Contemporary and need to get to the Polynesian, the bus will get you there (you might have to go to the MK first, but you will get there). There is no need to go to DTD, but I assure you that buses are going to all areas that will need them.

Your situation for this week isn't really a situation that applies here. If the park would have closed at 8 back when they operated throughout EMH, this wouldn't matter here. Once the park closes at 8, everyone has to leave and the monorail will operate like it normally does on any other day that doesn't have EMH or a Party. However, expect the resort monorail to run until 10 or so because of Epcot being open until 9.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member

If it is anything like HoopDee then there will be resort busses after the show for guests. When I visit HoopDee (or plan Trails End around the same time HoopDee ends) there are buses to the various resorts.

donaldfan

I just read this on the Poly Tiki Man website, didn't see it posted anywhere on here. Hope he doesn't mind me sharing the news:

Monorail extended hours

Monorail hours have been extended to accommodate the Epcot Evening Extra Magic Hours.
Resort Monorail - operating until 2 a.m.
TTC to Polynesian to Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom to Contemporary to TTC
Epcot Monorail - operating until 1:30 a.m.
TTC to Epcot to TTC
Express Monorail - operating until 10 p.m.
TTC to Magic Kingdom to TTC

DonChi

There are buses that will take you to any monorail accessible area after it closes. If you are at the Contemporary and need to get to the Polynesian, the bus will get you there (you might have to go to the MK first, but you will get there). There is no need to go to DTD, but I assure you that buses are going to all areas that will need them.

Your situation for this week isn't really a situation that applies here. If the park would have closed at 8 back when they operated throughout EMH, this wouldn't matter here. Once the park closes at 8, everyone has to leave and the monorail will operate like it normally does on any other day that doesn't have EMH or a Party. However, expect the resort monorail to run until 10 or so because of Epcot being open until 9.

From Epcot you take the bus that goes to Contempo/Poly/GF, those are the only places it will go (that particular bus).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom