Monorail Pics.....

KAE2008

picture.php

Here's a new one!!

I know the answer! Because if it were on the roof it would get snagged when it went through the Contemporary.:lol:
Love your drawings Nace. :)

nace888

Still love your pictures!!! I am hoping to complete some Christmas scene drawings soon. Any ideas as to what to do?

nace888

Also, just curious, what's the EASIEST way to not overrun the station, but come in at a decent speed that doesn't seem so slow and take forever?

Tom

Beta Return
Also, just curious, what's the EASIEST way to not overrun the station, but come in at a decent speed that doesn't seem so slow and take forever?

Lots and lots of practice. Once you become familiar with how the train moves, you get a feel for when to throttle/brake so that you come to a smooth stop and hit your mark every time.

nace888

Lots and lots of practice. Once you become familiar with how the train moves, you get a feel for when to throttle/brake so that you come to a smooth stop and hit your mark every time.

Yeah, but say I JUST started for example... Is my best bet to come in at P1 (I believe) and brake just after entering?

Monorail Lime

Yeah, but say I JUST started for example... Is my best bet to come in at P1 (I believe) and brake just after entering?
No, too timid. Come in slow or brake too early and you won't have enough momentum to reach the end of the platform. Under-runs do not have the negative consequences of over-runs but they are embarrassing nevertheless!

Generally a driver will enter the station at track speed, coast in neutral until the first couple of cars are in, and then start to brake to a smooth stop. It has been several years since I last piloted but that's how I remember it.

nace888

No, too timid. Come in slow or brake too early and you won't have enough momentum to reach the end of the platform. Under-runs do not have the negative consequences of over-runs but they are embarrassing nevertheless!

Generally a driver will enter the station at track speed, coast in neutral until the first couple of cars are in, and then start to brake to a smooth stop. It has been several years since I last piloted but that's how I remember it.

I thought the same thing as well... I was curious though. I mean, I've never been to WDW yet, but hope to go soon, and I hope to a CPMP (although I've heard they aren't accepting any right now)... So, how far should I go before braking if I am on P1?

KAE2008

What a fascinating discussion! Thank you guys!
Not sure if I posted this one before. I had some problems with photobucket running out of bandwidth so I switched to my Flickr account.

Epcot Arrival:
6507956657_3aa1fe3f9e_b.jpg

Anyone know if I'll have the same bandwidth problems with a free Flickr account?

Monorail Lime

I thought the same thing as well... I was curious though. I mean, I've never been to WDW yet, but hope to go soon, and I hope to a CPMP (although I've heard they aren't accepting any right now)... So, how far should I go before braking if I am on P1?
There is no single correct answer. As edwardtc said earlier it can only be learned with lots and lots of practice. When you become a monorail pilot you will develop a feel for the trains over time and get a little better every day. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom