Monorail Pics.....

KAE2008

You should not have any problems if you follow the Flickr guidelines. Use the Share tool to generate a pasteable BBCode snippet rather than linking directly to the image.

http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#2265887

Thanks, but every time I use the BBCode I get a message saying that my post has to be approved by a moderator, but it never gets approved. This is the only way I can seem to get it to work. :shrug:

BTW, I really enjoy all Monorail tech details. Love to see a Monorail sim.:)

nace888

Thanks, but every time I use the BBCode I get a message saying that my post has to be approved by a moderator, but it never gets approved. This is the only way I can seem to get it to work. :shrug:

BTW, I really enjoy all Monorail tech details. Love to see a Monorail sim.:)

There is one, but only on Trainz. It's the "Monorail Project". I wanna see a free online one though...

nace888

There is no single correct answer. As edwardtc said earlier it can only be learned with lots and lots of practice. When you become a monorail pilot you will develop a feel for the trains over time and get a little better every day. :)

Thanks!! Without the MAPO system, how fast could a train go?

Monorail Lime

Monorails are limited to 15 MPH in MAPO override mode. ;)

MAPO refers to the moving blocklight system. Collision avoidance is the MAPO system's one and only job. It is unrelated to any other function of the monorail such as speed control.

nace888

Monorails are limited to 15 MPH in MAPO override mode. ;)

MAPO refers to the moving blocklight system. Collision avoidance is the MAPO system's one and only job. It is unrelated to any other function of the monorail such as speed control.

I knew that, XD But I meant like if there was no MAPO, aren't the trains designed to go like 70 MPH?

s8film40

I knew that, XD But I meant like if there was no MAPO, aren't the trains designed to go like 70 MPH?

Really the big limiting factor is the track. It seems conceivable to me that they could go 70 MPH probably even faster but they would need a nice straight smooth track to do it. The Las Vegas system I believe runs theirs up to around 50 and it's still pretty smooth. The WDW beamways seem to get a little rough when you get to 40+, I would guess 50 would be about as high as you would want them to go. Ironically the EPCOT beam would be ideal for higher speeds with it's long straightaways, but that beamway is more rough than the older lines.

Tom

Beta Return

Really the big limiting factor is the track. It seems conceivable to me that they could go 70 MPH probably even faster but they would need a nice straight smooth track to do it. The Las Vegas system I believe runs theirs up to around 50 and it's still pretty smooth. The WDW beamways seem to get a little rough when you get to 40+, I would guess 50 would be about as high as you would want them to go. Ironically the EPCOT beam would be ideal for higher speeds with it's long straightaways, but that beamway is more rough than the older lines.

I believe they have governors installed, don't they? From what I've heard/read/been told, they peak in the 45 neighborhood.

Of course they can be geared or wired to go much faster, but like s8 said, WDW's track would NEVER accommodate a high-speed train.

nace888

I believe they have governors installed, don't they? From what I've heard/read/been told, they peak in the 45 neighborhood.

Of course they can be geared or wired to go much faster, but like s8 said, WDW's track would NEVER accommodate a high-speed train.

That is very true. I believe as you've stated, they have the governors installed at 45 MPH, but the beamways highest is roughly 40 I think.

Monorail_Red

MAPO doesn't control the speed...it's something called the VOBC. It's programmed so that no matter how hard you want to brake or accelerate, it won't exceed a certain g-force to prevent anybody standing from being thrown off their feet (even though it's still more than likely if they aren't holding a handrail or using any common sense). When there's a problem with the VOBC, and they need to use "Train Control Bypass" you are limited to P1. Now a days when you're drive trained they tell you are limited to 15mph, but it's actually the VOBC that correlates 15mph to P1. When the VOBC is out of the picture and you're in P1 on Train Control Bypass, you're maximum speed (subject to several factors) is 20% power to both groups.

Clamman73

Monorail Silver sometime around '88 might be '87

picture.php

KAE2008

One of the things I wanted to do on my recent trip was recreate the photo I use as my avatar. That photo was of Monorail Pink and was taken in 2008.
It was kind of appropriate that Teal came around the corner when I took this one.
I've been experimenting with some new tone mapping software. Not sure I like this version, but here it is anyway. :rolleyes:
Happy New Year everyone! :)

6608925397_15319985ff_b.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom