Monorail Pics.....

Jakester

Just curiosity, About the accident, wouldn't austin have had a decent amount of time to see that there was a monorail in the station, well before the collison? Even though it was at night, the stations would be all lit up.
And it couldn't have taken that much time to completely stop, since they don't seem to take long to break, unless he was speeding into the station?

Just a few thoughts about the accident, still unfortunate it happened.

peachykeen

Just curiosity, About the accident, wouldn't austin have had a decent amount of time to see that there was a monorail in the station, well before the collison? Even though it was at night, the stations would be all lit up.
And it couldn't have taken that much time to completely stop, since they don't seem to take long to break, unless he was speeding into the station?

His train was found to be in Reverse after the accident, so he had noticed it at some point. However there are many factors as to why there was not enough time to reverse including delay in the trains computer response, whether in a panic he had accidentally put the train in reverse while still in forward motion which then effectively shuts the train down and requires you to turn around, in the dark, find and hold down a bypass and then use your free hand to operate he controls, etc.

And with Pink moving at 15 MPH there wasn't much time to react

Tom

Beta Return

It would be best if you ran a search on the monorail accident. Bringing this topic up in a thread about Monorail Photos is just asking for trouble. Besides, the accident was discussed to the point of exhaustion, and the answer to your question is most assuredly in those threads.

nace888

This post, my post, will be the last about the accident in this thread. Just want to make it clear, Austin had just arrived at the station, and Pink was ahead of him at the switch. Pink had not switched over causing the train to remain on the same line heading backwards into TTC, and that's where reports show Austin put his train in reverse. Naturally, 15MPH on override is going to go faster than 2MPH on override. It is very unfortunate.

However, this is the last post of it in this thread.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
WDW_9748_1.jpg

KAE2008

Hey everyone, I'm back from my trip. I had a great time and took a lot of photos. I got quite a few Monorail shots. I'll try and post most of them over time.

Love this shot of blue!!

I agree! Never got to ride blue this time out, but I may have taken a photo of it - not sure. I still have a lot of pictures to go through.:rolleyes:

Here's my first. Kinda tried to get one from the opposite side of my last one. I spent over 5 minutes kneeling next to a light fixture to get it. One guy walked past me and and asked, "Waiting for the Monorail?" :D
He knew.

MonorailXmas.jpg

nace888

Hey everyone, I'm back from my trip. I had a great time and took a lot of photos. I got quite a few Monorail shots. I'll try and post most of them over time.

I agree! Never got to ride blue this time out, but I may have taken a photo of it - not sure. I still have a lot of pictures to go through.:rolleyes:

Here's my first. Kinda tried to get one from the opposite side of my last one. I spent over 5 minutes kneeling next to a light fixture to get it. One guy walked past me and and asked, "Waiting for the Monorail?" :D
He knew.

MonorailXmas.jpg

Very nice shot of Lime!! Not often you get so many focal points in a pic, XD

DisneyMemories

He knew.

MonorailXmas.jpg

Whenever I look at monorail Lime it reminds me of a glow in the dark tape wrapped around it. It would be cool at night if you saw a monorail running the track and glowing in the dark. :) Great shot by the way.:animwink:

KAE2008

Whenever I look at monorail Lime it reminds me of a glow in the dark tape wrapped around it. It would be cool at night if you saw a monorail running the track and glowing in the dark. :) Great shot by the way.:animwink:

Thanks.

The "Tronorail" would have been cool with glow in the dark artwork.

I never thought about it until now, but I never rode the Monorail at night. I''ll have to put that on my list for the next trip. Coming into Epcot must be incredible at night! :)

KAE2008

Black to the Future
MonoBlackCot.jpg

Took me three tries to get it. I was either too soon or too late on the shutter.:brick:
And yeah, I do feel a little bad about the two people I wiped out of existance with the Clone Stamp tool at the base of the pylon.

Monorail Lime

Clever shot! Love it!

You know, I was skeptical of Teal at first but now I think it looks great in just about every setting. I don't think I've ever seen a bad shot of it! Too bad I can't say the same for Peach...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom