Monorail Pics.....

disney dharling

11202010273.jpg
[/IMG]

nace888

2 questions... First is it me or does Silver sit lower than Black, and second, is there any video of the parking process for 2 in the Contemporary?

Tom

Beta Return
2 questions... First is it me or does Silver sit lower than Black, and second, is there any video of the parking process for 2 in the Contemporary?

I think it's an optical illusion.

If someone has a video, I'd enjoy seeing it. I'm sure someone does, somewhere, since it happens fairly often and anyone in the Contemporary can watch it.

nace888

Can fit four trains total. There isn't enough room in the shop for every train. So during major storm events, they need to use the Contemporary.

Yes, this is in fact true... There are only 10 sheds for the 12 trains... On a normal night, the trains take turns in the sheds, leaving 2 at a couple of stations, but no 2 trains stay out overnight twice in a row...

Since there are 11-12 trains, they will park 4 in the Contemporary, leaving 8 in the sheds... this is because of what was posted, being the fact that if there is a very bad storm, the trains are slightly spread in a sense...

The overall idea is that if the storm affects anything near Shop, there are 4 perfectly good trains on a good set of beams, in example, if a power outage happens at Shop, the Contemporary will (I believe) still recieve power on the beams, and have 4 trains available.

It's in essence, the same thing they are using the new spur for, holding a train and tractor should something happen, and have the vehicles needed for the moment...

Tom

Beta Return
Yes, this is in fact true... There are only 10 sheds for the 12 trains... On a normal night, the trains take turns in the sheds, leaving 2 at a couple of stations, but no 2 trains stay out overnight twice in a row...

Since there are 11-12 trains, they will park 4 in the Contemporary, leaving 8 in the sheds... this is because of what was posted, being the fact that if there is a very bad storm, the trains are slightly spread in a sense...

The overall idea is that if the storm affects anything near Shop, there are 4 perfectly good trains on a good set of beams, in example, if a power outage happens at Shop, the Contemporary will (I believe) still recieve power on the beams, and have 4 trains available.

It's in essence, the same thing they are using the new spur for, holding a train and tractor should something happen, and have the vehicles needed for the moment...

Yes, this. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom