Monorail Peach will be added to the fleet at Walt Disney World this fall

worldfanatic

I'm not suggesting that Peach won't be the color, but could this be a diversion by TDO?

So, could TDO be waiting for a gotcha moment and roll out Monorail #12 in a different color than what is expected?

And the reason they would do this???

A better question might be:

Why do people come up with DUMB conspiracy theories?:hammer:

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Last night I asked a monorail CM and he just looked at me and said "I dunno" with that annoyed tone.

a lot of people come in, clock in, do their job, clock out and leave and don't bother to read or take interest in anything that is clearly visible to every TTC CM.

majorrfb

Does color matter...?

Please, just give us a fleet of monorails that operate and get us from point A to B as originally planned. Keep them running........ please!!!!:hammer:

Scuttle

yes of course. God forbid anyone trust us insiders!!!

It is annoying when someone blasts you for trying to spread accurate information to Disney fans. Im by no means an insider, but I know someone who was a mechanical engineer for the company for 30 years, now retired, but still has contacts within the company and I try to talk to that person as much as possible to get you'll information about stuff.

MarkTwain

You will see on some of the monorails that the stripe has a white part in an upside down triangle shape. It's used to help distinguish similar colors of the monorails. Eg. There's a blue and teal monorail. Blue is solid and teal has the delta.

Ahh got it, thanks. I think I've noticed that before, now that I think about it. :)

Admiral01

Premium Member
And the reason they would do this???

A better question might be:

Why do people come up with DUMB conspiracy theories?:hammer:

What exactly is DUMB about discussing things on this site? It was a thought I had, so I figured I would share it.

Like I said, just thinking out loud. I think there are better colors than Peach for the new Monorail color, and as I desribed, other organizations have misled color schemes of new products to have a "wow" moment upon the reveal. Maroon would be a really neat choice for #12, it would stand out better against the existing Monorails, and would be a very subtle but long lasting nod to the color of the Monorail Pilot uniforms. The whole concept of Disney is built on theatrics, and this would fit well as a theatrical moment in WDW history. Though, the management is probably not thinking theatrics with the new train, just getting it online as soon as possible.

As I also stated, Peach is likely the color...I was just thinking out loud.

peachykeen

Does the new nose look exactly like the old ones? How did Disney do at re-creating the cabs?

I saw it tonight as well, it looks identical from the outside. The insides will look a bit different just because of new materials used.

And I am sorry but it looks so nice white. I wish they'd keep it that way, just put two black pin-stripes on it. Oh well.

Scuttle

I saw it tonight as well, it looks identical from the outside. The insides will look a bit different just because of new materials used.

And I am sorry but it looks so nice white. I wish they'd keep it that way, just put two black pin-stripes on it. Oh well.

That would look incredible if it was white with pinstripes.

MDenham

I would assume that Peach will be more of an orange-ish shade.
My prediction, ever since "it's going to be Peach" started up, has been "orange with deltas". (Well, more like "ever since I've seen people mentioning 'it's going to be Peach'" if people want to be nitpicky. :D)

miles1

People are still waiting just to get to MK. :cry:

So true. I thought everyone here was exagerating the monorail problems until I saw if first hand. Coral went down coming into the TTC on Thursday morning, shutting down the express beam for nearly an hour right around park opening time. We wound up standing on the ramp in 95 degree heat with about 600 other people. Finally they started putting everyone on the resort line to get to the MK, but by then both the ferry and monorail lines were backed up well into the plaza. LOTS of unhappy guests.

A mechanic was sent to the platform, but eventually I believe they wound up taking if off the beam completely as it was quite some time before the expess line was running again.

peachykeen

So true. I thought everyone here was exagerating the monorail problems until I saw if first hand. Coral went down coming into the TTC on Thursday morning, shutting down the express beam for nearly an hour right around park opening time. We wound up standing on the ramp in 95 degree heat with about 600 other people. Finally they started putting everyone on the resort line to get to the MK, but by then both the ferry and monorail lines were backed up well into the plaza. LOTS of unhappy guests.

A mechanic was sent to the platform, but eventually I believe they wound up taking if off the beam completely as it was quite some time before the expess line was running again.

Then when it came back out later that night it ended up having to get towed off the beam.

Monorail_Orange

Then when it came back out later that night it ended up having to get towed off the beam.

Is there a particular problem all of sudden that you can shed light on for us? I mean it seemed to run practically flawlessly for months on end as the TRONorail, and all of a sudden it can't make a complete lap on lagoon/express? What in the world is going on?

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Is there a particular problem all of sudden that you can shed light on for us? I mean it seemed to run practically flawlessly for months on end as the TRONorail, and all of a sudden it can't make a complete lap on lagoon/express? What in the world is going on?

it didn't run flawless on the EPCOT route, it got "grounded" to the MK loop several times because it was having issues. AND when it went down and had to be towed, it shut down multiple routes(monorail CMs can clarify, I'm extremely tired and don't remember the procedures for a monorail going from EPCOT to shop)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom