Monorail Peach will be added to the fleet at Walt Disney World this fall

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
So true. I thought everyone here was exagerating the monorail problems until I saw if first hand. Coral went down coming into the TTC on Thursday morning, shutting down the express beam for nearly an hour right around park opening time. We wound up standing on the ramp in 95 degree heat with about 600 other people. Finally they started putting everyone on the resort line to get to the MK, but by then both the ferry and monorail lines were backed up well into the plaza. LOTS of unhappy guests.

A mechanic was sent to the platform, but eventually I believe they wound up taking if off the beam completely as it was quite some time before the expess line was running again.

but wwwwaaaaaaaaaa I don't care if thousands were inconvenienced due to lack of maintenance and yet another breakdown that could have been prevented, I want my monorail ride at 4am on EMH night because I'm more important wwwaaaaaaaa

Monorail_Orange

it didn't run flawless on the EPCOT route, it got "grounded" to the MK loop several times because it was having issues. AND when it went down and had to be towed, it shut down multiple routes(monorail CMs can clarify, I'm extremely tired and don't remember the procedures for a monorail going from EPCOT to shop)

Fair enough, my assumption is what I get for being on the outside looking in. I can just remember several threads lately about various individual monorails, e.g.
Green, having documented issues in the last few months, but hadn't recalled one about the TRONorail. It still seems odd that they take it back to shop, peel off the skin, (maybe do some neglected maintenance?) and now it can't make a single loop successfully on the MK beams anymore.

nace888

Fair enough, my assumption is what I get for being on the outside looking in. I can just remember several threads lately about various individual monorails, e.g.
Green, having documented issues in the last few months, but hadn't recalled one about the TRONorail. It still seems odd that they take it back to shop, peel off the skin, (maybe do some neglected maintenance?) and now it can't make a single loop successfully on the MK beams anymore.

I think (even though they'll never do it) they need to put 2 trains to each of the 3 lines, and create a schedule for the trains... That will use 6 trains, and they can do the (MUCH NEEDED I'm sure) maintenance needed on these trains... They could cycle them out if need be... In order for them to keep these 12 trains for another so many years, they need to be sure each train is at a high enough standard it can go on without having to be fixed so often... I know they will never do this, but it would be the smart thing to do if they wish to keep these trains any longer... I mean, sorta kinda in a way, the Mark VIs are starting to show their age...

Pioneer Hall

I think the reason you hear about it more now is because Monorails have become a hot topic of discussion. Ever since the EMH closure was announced, it seems that every hiccup in the monorail system is being reported because their is a heightened awareness. The problems have probably existed for some time now, I can't imagine it all just fell apart a few weeks ago.

flavious27

As much as I like the clean nature of using colors to differentiate between the different monorails, I think it is time that disney uses characters as a way to show a difference.

Red would be Mickey
Coral would be Minnie
Orange would be Tigger
Gold would be Wall-E
Yellow would be Belle
Teal would be Jasmine
Lime would be Ariel
Green would be Tinkerbell
Blue would be Donald
Silver would be Eeyore
Black would be either the Evil Queen or Cruella de Vil
Peach can be Nemo

Each monorail can also be themed to the character.

montyz81

As much as I like the clean nature of using colors to differentiate between the different monorails, I think it is time that disney uses characters as a way to show a difference.

Red would be Mickey
Coral would be Minnie
Orange would be Tigger
Gold would be Wall-E
Yellow would be Belle
Teal would be Jasmine
Lime would be Ariel
Blue would be Donald
Silver would be Eeyore
Peach can be Nemo

Didn't they do that in the parking lots

boufa

Red would be Mickey
Coral would be Minnie
Orange would be Tigger
Gold would be Wall-E
Yellow would be Belle
Teal would be Jasmine
Lime would be Ariel
Blue would be Donald
Silver would be Eeyore
Peach can be Nemo

Not that I think this would have been an issue before the 2009 accident, but now for sure they would not create a situation where Mickey could accidentally bump into the back side of Minnie (or worse Jasmine!).

boufa

It has been reported on several threads, and it has been posted on internal communications with cast members that the main issue with the monorails is NOT maintenance and is not the trains at all. Its the beam. It is beating up the trains, and it is causing most of the faults.

They are already working on repairs to the beam and that is the reason for the early closures. See what happens, we all play arm chair engineers and we see the biggest thing and we assume THAT must be the problem. It is a more complex system than most of us know. Many factors contribute. Remember that next time someone posts.. "Why did they do that, Disney is dumb" or my favorite "It would be so easy to fix why doesn't Disney do it"

worldfanatic

Not that I think this would have been an issue before the 2009 accident, but now for sure they would not create a situation where Mickey could accidentally bump into the back side of Minnie (or worse Jasmine!).

:sohappy::ROFLOL::sohappy::ROFLOL::sohappy:

Tom Morrow

Red would be Mickey
Coral would be Minnie
Orange would be Tigger
Gold would be Wall-E
Yellow would be Belle
Teal would be Jasmine
Lime would be Ariel
Blue would be Donald
Silver would be Eeyore
Peach can be Nemo

No offense, but... no. The characters do not need to be on everything.

nace888

Thank you!! I agree! I mean, I have never been to WDW as of yet, but don't you see enough of the characters in the parks alone??? And the monorails don't really need to be labeled by character, the colors give them their own character..... Like I've heard Red has always been the fastest... If that's the case, they could call Red Lightning McQueen! Just my opinion anyways...

Kamikaze

Thank you!! I agree! I mean, I have never been to WDW as of yet, but don't you see enough of the characters in the parks alone??? And the monorails don't really need to be labeled by character, the colors give them their own character..... Like I've heard Red has always been the fastest... If that's the case, they could call Red Lightning McQueen! Just my opinion anyways...

This post makes my brain hurt.

Clamman73

Red would be Mickey
Coral would be Minnie
Orange would be Tigger
Gold would be Wall-E
Yellow would be Belle
Teal would be Jasmine
Lime would be Ariel
Blue would be Donald
Silver would be Eeyore
Peach can be Nemo

Doesn't Ellen get one??? :ROFLOL: :cry:

flavious27

Didn't they do that in the parking lots

I know the garage in dl uses characters to help guests remember where they parked, so they don't get as lost as seinfeld did at a jersey mall parking garage.

Or worse jasmine? I think donald or tink would be worse.

Of course they do. Think, disney will make shirts for it. And the fan shirts would be even better "I like to ride the green monorail when visiting wdw". I threw it out there as just an idea with some of the colors being close to the same. There are only so many ways to attractively number forms of transportation.

Doesn't Ellen get one??? :ROFLOL: :cry:

lol, should I ask what color she would be associated with?

boufa

Or worse jasmine? I think donald or tink would be worse.

Well, Donald or Goofy, but Tink... that would be ok with me. Any character that can be played by Julia Roberts in a movie is alright by me! (even if it was her worst acting performance ever :hammer:).

But alas I was trying to keep it clean. :eek:

Back on topic... realize that the names of the monorails are NOT FOR US! They are a internal designation used to manage the fleet and control the traffic. No where that I know of does it require you to know what monorail you are on. It does not say "Get on Goofy and ride it to Epcot" Just like it doesn't say "The blue monorail goes to the Poly". They could number them and accomplish the same thing. But from the sounds of it they want specific things, 1) visually identifiable, and 2) short 1 syllable names, so colors works well.

flavious27

Well, Donald or Goofy, but Tink... that would be ok with me. Any character that can be played by Julia Roberts in a movie is alright by me! (even if it was her worst acting performance ever :hammer:).

But alas I was trying to keep it clean. :eek:

Back on topic... realize that the names of the monorails are NOT FOR US! They are a internal designation used to manage the fleet and control the traffic. No where that I know of does it require you to know what monorail you are on. It does not say "Get on Goofy and ride it to Epcot" Just like it doesn't say "The blue monorail goes to the Poly". They could number them and accomplish the same thing. But from the sounds of it they want specific things, 1) visually identifiable, and 2) short 1 syllable names, so colors works well.

Just a bit off color.

Just a thought, just something to brainstorm about.

Scuttle

I think the reason you hear about it more now is because Monorails have become a hot topic of discussion. Ever since the EMH closure was announced, it seems that every hiccup in the monorail system is being reported because their is a heightened awareness. The problems have probably existed for some time now, I can't imagine it all just fell apart a few weeks ago.

It didn't. The problems have been going on for months.

Monorail_Red

Coral also got the re-wire when they pulled off the TRON stuff. So that's why it's gonna have a few kinks to iron out. To my knowledge, Silver, part of Peach, Blue, the rest of Peach, and Coral got the re-wire (in that order). The rest of the fleet will eventually be re-wired.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom