Monorail Peach will be added to the fleet at Walt Disney World this fall

peachykeen

to every poster who told me I was wrong about it being peach and not maroon, which I debunked several times, I say

I told you so
That is all

:) I had known about this color for a while as well, which is why my username is what it is :p. This color has been floating around for a while, almost a year now, as the final selection. Not sure I am sold on the color yet, I would have preferred Maroon or even White. WDI wanted something with one syllable for easier radio communication, and I guess to them Peach sounded good.

Scuttle

To those of you "in the know", any specifics about what is wrong with the beam that causes the problems?

I've been told it's mainly structure issues with the beam and that yes it's falling apart and needs to be patched up on nearly every beam. Take a look next time your there. I've been noticing it for a while, but I was also told it's getting to the point where it's destroying the tires very quickly. So in turn because of the beam having chunks of structure missing it is destroying the tires and forcing the monorails to have extra maintenance done on top of the beam structure problem. That's about all I know for now.

montyz81

That will be allot of beam to replace if that is what is needed. I suspect this is not a problem yet on the Epcot line as it is 12 years newer

peachykeen

That will be allot of beam to replace if that is what is needed. I suspect this is not a problem yet on the Epcot line as it is 12 years newer

Actually the Epcot beam is the worst concrete, as it was made "in-house" as opposed to in Washington state where the original two beams were constructed. Disney didn't quite have the skills down, and the concrete on Epcot is very wavy. It's especially noticeable when you are driving the Monorail, you get bounced around a lot. Most Guests commented on how bad the ride was on that beam in the front cab.

Rinx

I'm very curious to see what Peach will look like because they're interpretation of "Teal" is not anywhere close to teal at all.

Admiral01

Premium Member
I'm not suggesting that Peach won't be the color, but could this be a diversion by TDO? The statement on the Disney blog says:

"Over the next few weeks you may spot us testing the train on the Monorail beams before we bring it in to be painted."

That means it isn't painted yet. Before Boeing rolled out the 747-8I earlier this year, the whole company assumed it would be in the blue Boeing livery that had adourned the 787 and the 747-8F Cargo variant. Then, the curtain drops for the 747-8I and BAM!: red instead of blue. The crowd went nuts. Boeing had let their employees believe that the colors would be the typical blue colors, not something new and exciting like the specially designed red livery.

So, could TDO be waiting for a gotcha moment and roll out Monorail #12 in a different color than what is expected? I know it isn't likely, but it would be a great shock to all of us if a different, perhaps more maroonish color rolled out of that shed for the first time.

Either way, I will be happy when #12 returns to the lines.

parkmonky

I'm not suggesting that Peach won't be the color, but could this be a diversion by TDO? The statement on the Disney blog says:

"Over the next few weeks you may spot us testing the train on the Monorail beams before we bring it in to be painted."

That means it isn't painted yet. Before Boeing rolled out the 747-8I earlier this year, the whole company assumed it would be in the blue Boeing livery that had adourned the 787 and the 747-8F Cargo variant. Then, the curtain drops for the 747-8I and BAM!: red instead of blue. The crowd went nuts. Boeing had let their employees believe that the colors would be the typical blue colors, not something new and exciting like the specially designed red livery.

So, could TDO be waiting for a gotcha moment and roll out Monorail #12 in a different color than what is expected? I know it isn't likely, but it would be a great shock to all of us if a different, perhaps more maroonish color rolled out of that shed for the first time.

Either way, I will be happy when #12 returns to the lines.

THe monorail shop isn't boeing. alot of people go through there, not to mention half the train will be sticking out of the shop while it is being painted. It's white because it's just about ready to be tested. Once it completes the spur tests, they'll paint the stripe then. Why bother doing it now?

Admiral01

Premium Member
THe monorail shop isn't boeing. alot of people go through there, not to mention half the train will be sticking out of the shop while it is being painted. It's white because it's just about ready to be tested. Once it completes the spur tests, they'll paint the stripe then. Why bother doing it now?

Good point. I was just thinking out loud...

asianway

I totally agree. Former Imagineer George McGinnis did the design work for Disneyland's Mark V and WDW's Mark VI. The Mark V went into service in 1987, but he said that before they were even finished being built, he began designing the Mark VI for WDW. The first Mark VI didn't arrive until 1989, which means it took over two years from the time they started the design work on the Mark VI until the first train arrived on property.

Even if they started the design work to replace the Mark VIs today, it could be at least two years until the first train is delivered.

It took them almost two and a half years to fabricate two cabs that they already had the design for. I can only imagine how long it would take to design and build Mark VIII trains from scratch in 2011...

lens300

It took them almost two and a half years to fabricate two cabs that they already had the design for. I can only imagine how long it would take to design and build Mark VIII trains from scratch in 2011...

It shouldnt take that long as Bombardier makes them now. As far as I know the trains from Las Vegas could be put on the beam with not to much mods needed.
look at this http://www.bombardier.com/en/transp...es/automated-monorails?docID=0901260d8000a7e4
the INNOVIA Monorail is essentially a mark VI

nace888

I think Peach will just be a solid stripe...

Coral is kinda pinkish, whereas Peach will be kinda orangish...

CORAL
PEACH

I imagine if the colors are even close to similar, they could give Peach the deltas, and make coral a solid color...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XipHiTQNdAc Here's Coral, I imagine Peach to have more of an orange look...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The first Mark VI didn't arrive until 1989, which means it took over two years from the time they started the design work on the Mark VI until the first train arrived on property.
And it was 2 years before all 12 were delivered and fully tested.

Clamman73

Sorry to be out of the loop here, but... what are the deltas being discussed?

You will see on some of the monorails that the stripe has a white part in an upside down triangle shape. It's used to help distinguish similar colors of the monorails. Eg. There's a blue and teal monorail. Blue is solid and teal has the delta.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
:) I had known about this color for a while as well, which is why my username is what it is :p. This color has been floating around for a while, almost a year now, as the final selection. Not sure I am sold on the color yet, I would have preferred Maroon or even White. WDI wanted something with one syllable for easier radio communication, and I guess to them Peach sounded good.

yes of course. God forbid anyone trust us insiders!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom