Monorail Peach will be added to the fleet at Walt Disney World this fall

Clamman73

The rest of the fleet will eventually be re-wired.

So we're not even close to getting new Mark trains? Without much fanfare (except for the extra magic hours thing) they are updating the "grid" on both the beams and cars to combat the breakdowns that have been occurring?

TheDisneyMagic

So we're not even close to getting new Mark trains? Without much fanfare (except for the extra magic hours thing) they are updating the "grid" on both the beams and cars to combat the breakdowns that have been occurring?

I love the style of the current fleet so this is good news for me, as long as they are more on top of maintenance and give them the required love every so often they can keep going.

Some of the underground trains over here have been in operating since the early 60s and are still running every day. The irony is the newer rolling stock being brought in, are having the problems.

Monorail_Red

No...it's the actual trains themselves that will be re-wired. Not the power grid.

peachykeen

Honestly, from what I have been told from the higher-ups in Transportation, not even close.

Monorail Black

Well, I may be one of the few, but I'm glad to hear the Mark VIs are staying put. I think their current style is still great even now, and with a few technical enhancements and a return to 12 trains, they will be back to their best I'm sure.

nace888

Well, I may be one of the few, but I'm glad to hear the Mark VIs are staying put. I think their current style is still great even now, and with a few technical enhancements and a return to 12 trains, they will be back to their best I'm sure.

They can always take the shells and put them on a new chassis. I think that's the thing everyone wants is to keep the learjet style trains, but put them onto new chassis. I like the Mark VI style as well...

Monorail_Red

They can always take the shells and put them on a new chassis. I think that's the thing everyone wants is to keep the learjet style trains, but put them onto new chassis. I like the Mark VI style as well...

The chassis is just about bulletproof, that would be the last thing to ever be replaced. The DLR Mark VII's were built off the Mark V chassis. They actually stripped down the old Mark V's to the chassis and built the new trains off those.

s8film40

The shells are only designed to last about 10 - 15 years according to the manufacturer. The Mark VI trains don't really have the true Lear jet proportions and angles that the Mark IV's did, I'm sure they could similarly make a reasonable similar style like they did with the Mark VI trains.

boo52

The chassis is just about bulletproof, that would be the last thing to ever be replaced. The DLR Mark VII's were built off the Mark V chassis. They actually stripped down the old Mark V's to the chassis and built the new trains off those.
The chassis are older than that. The Mark V's were built off of the Mark III chassis which were built in the 60's.

Monorail_Red

The chassis are older than that. The Mark V's were built off of the Mark III chassis which were built in the 60's.
Right, I knew that the Mark V chassis were older than that but I wasn't sure just how old. Either way, they're built to last a lifetime (or two).

Figments Friend

Actually the Epcot beam is the worst concrete, as it was made "in-house" as opposed to in Washington state where the original two beams were constructed. Disney didn't quite have the skills down, and the concrete on Epcot is very wavy. It's especially noticeable when you are driving the Monorail, you get bounced around a lot. Most Guests commented on how bad the ride was on that beam in the front cab.

Heh heh...but you have to admit, the view from the beam going into the Park is pretty sweet..!

:)

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
peach is beam testing the 11-14th then final adjustments and a paint job! I think I saw it out tonight as there was a train on express moving at 1am towards the kingdom very fast and EMH started at 9pm. No other trains were cycling so I think that's what it was!

nace888

peach is beam testing the 11-14th then final adjustments and a paint job! I think I saw it out tonight as there was a train on express moving at 1am towards the kingdom very fast and EMH started at 9pm. No other trains were cycling so I think that's what it was!

Nice!! I would love to test them late at night when there's noone else around, just open beam, that'd be awesome!! When you say very fast, are you saying possibly higher than the 45?

RSoxNo1

So they were running trains up to an hour after EMH - take that pessimists!

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Nice!! I would love to test them late at night when there's noone else around, just open beam, that'd be awesome!! When you say very fast, are you saying possibly higher than the 45?

hard to tell, as I was on a FB halfway across the lake towards the TTC. I know there were 0 other trains running. It usually takes a while for everything to cycle, but by that point they were well past their shut down, which leads me to believe it was the test train. This also coincides with the info posted in the TTC stating open beam testing would begin Sept 11.

Communicore

Any chance of WDW getting one like this?

gallery001.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom