Monorail Peach will be added to the fleet at Walt Disney World this fall

RSoxNo1

Evidently the color is determined by whatever they happened to have available. Seems odd considering how many people like to put their stamps on things, you'd think they'd like to spend extra money on paint - don't they have any leftover from Mission: SPACE?

Monorail_Red

I would have wanted to see the white "deltas" because if you look closely without allowing your eyes to adjust, it looks almost identical to Gold.

The stripe position does look a bit different as it wraps around the nose. On the rest of the fleet, the curve is more gradual.

nace888

Even though Pink is gone, they still need deltas to differentiate Coral from Pink. Long, complicated, and sensitive reasons.

That's very true now I think about it. Well, to me it looks like they mixed Yellow and Orange, not yellow and gold. Gold has the 'metalic' look in a way. It's an 'Old Gold' color. An the way the stripe wraps around the nose reminds me of a Mark IV, I dunnowh. It seems they let the stripe go a bit further down the nose before curving...

nace888

Even though Pink is gone, they still need deltas to differentiate Coral from Pink. Long, complicated, and sensitive reasons.

That's very true now I think about it. Well, to me it looks like they mixed Yellow and Orange, not yellow and gold. Gold has the 'metalic' look in a way. It's an 'Old Gold' color. An the way the stripe wraps around the nose reminds me of a Mark IV, I dunnowh. It seems they let the stripe go a bit further down the nose before curving...

peachykeen

In person it is definitely a mix of yellow and gold. At night I couldn't even tell which one I was looking at. In the day you can tell a slight difference. The deltas could theoretically be added. I remember when they painted car 1 of Teal, they accidentally left the delta off so everyone thought it was Blue.

And there is no D on the cab, and probably won't be. Also, in person the nose looks fine, just like the others. I think the angle that picture is taken makes the stripe look odd. I didn't notice it to be any different though when I saw it back there.

Monorail_Red

I also noticed that the window vents on car 1 are grey (like the rest of the fleet), however the rest of the train, at least cars 2-5 have black window vents. I personally like the black vents, but not if it makes for inconsistencies.

nace888

It would be nice if the color was darker, that's for sure... Like I said in the Monorail Pics thread, it reminds me of orange highlighter...

Monorail_Red

Why not? Any specific reason other then it is an older logo. I would assume if it was for that reason, they would remove it from the rest of the fleet when each of the trains get repainted.

On all the trains that have been painted recently...Silver, Yellow, Teal, Coral, Peach...somewhat in that order...the D's were left off. But they put them on Yellow which was painted after Silver. :shrug:

Hit or miss I suppose.

nace888

On all the trains that have been painted recently...Silver, Yellow, Teal, Coral, Peach...somewhat in that order...the D's were left off. But they put them on Yellow which was painted after Silver. :shrug:

Hit or miss I suppose.

Then again, there's always a possibility that they just keep forgetting them, or they're making a NEW logo??

s8film40

I also noticed that the window vents on car 1 are grey (like the rest of the fleet), however the rest of the train, at least cars 2-5 have black window vents. I personally like the black vents, but not if it makes for inconsistencies.

I had noticed this some time ago on cars 2-5 as well. I really prefer the grey, however on all the trains that plastic seems to be fading and is starting to look really bad. Perhaps they will be painting the vents on all the trains.

s8film40

Then again, there's always a possibility that they just keep forgetting them, or they're making a NEW logo??

They're not really good at painting it anyway. When they first painted Coral some of the spaces in the globe were accidentally filled in. Maybe they just figured if they can't do it right it was better to not do it at all. It also takes time and effort to add an unnecessary detail to what they view simply as a transit vehicle. Disney just doesn't seem to really care about the little details anymore.

nace888

They're not really good at painting it anyway. When they first painted Coral some of the spaces in the globe were accidentally filled in. Maybe they just figured if they can't do it right it was better to not do it at all. It also takes time and effort to add an unnecessary detail to what they view simply as a transit vehicle. Disney just doesn't seem to really care about the little details anymore.

True... Although, a new logo would be cool as well... Maybe a Micky Head with a monorail circling it??

nace888

I would like to see PEACH in full light and length though, maybe it looks yellow or orange because of the lighting... We all need to look at it this way though, AT LEAST IT'S JOINING ITS FAMILY!! Not only that, but since they have been running 11 trains for 2 years now, maybe they will take one train down per week and run the remaining 11... It would give the other 11 trains the maintenance they need... In my mind, a week per train, would only take 3 months to 'refurbish' (for lack of better word) all of the trains!!

However, congrats to WDW for finally getting back up to 12 trains!! :sohappy:

Wasn't it the cabs that took the train so long to come out? I know WDW had to fabricate the cabs themselves...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom