Rumor Moana E-Ticket Ride to Adventureland

WoundedDreamer

I'll interject briefly here. I've seen no one raise the obvious objection towards building a new Moana flume ride in Adventureland.

Flume rides mean that younger guests might be unable to go on the attraction. I assume that this Moana attraction is aimed at appealing to young children who enjoy the Moana film on Disney+. If so, a flume ride with a height requirement similar to Splash Mountain Tiana's Bayou Adventure (40 Inches) would disqualify many guests that this attraction would appeal to. I double checked the CDC guidance on what to expect for height measurements of children. It looks like most 4 year old girls would be unable to ride an attraction with a 40 Inch height limit. Even a portion of 5 year old girls would be losing out on the chance to see Moana. We could foresee a ride with a less-intense drop that could result in a lower height limit. But you'd still be cutting out 3 year old girls. And even if the ride can be safely ridden by these guests, there's no guarantee it would be enjoyable for the important 4-5 year old demographic.

If a Moana ride gets built, I expect it will be accessible to as many guests as possible. Disney's incentive is to provide an attraction similar to what they've just built at Fantasy Springs at Tokyo Disney Sea. Those rides are impressive, but they are not physically taxing. They prioritize audio animatronics, special effects, and music.

I could be totally misreading this, but I think they would be making a mistake to build a thrill ride when families really want something that is accessible to everyone. Just my two cents on the matter.

yensidtlaw1969

I'll interject briefly here. I've seen no one raise the obvious objection towards building a new Moana flume ride in Adventureland.

Flume rides mean that younger guests might be unable to go on the attraction. I assume that this Moana attraction is aimed at appealing to young children who enjoy the Moana film on Disney+. If so, a flume ride with a height requirement similar to Splash Mountain Tiana's Bayou Adventure (40 Inches) would disqualify many guests that this attraction would appeal to. I double checked the CDC guidance on what to expect for height measurements of children. It looks like most 4 year old girls would be unable to ride an attraction with a 40 Inch height limit. Even a portion of 5 year old girls would be losing out on the chance to see Moana. We could foresee a ride with a less-intense drop that could result in a lower height limit. But you'd still be cutting out 3 year old girls. And even if the ride can be safely ridden by these guests, there's no guarantee it would be enjoyable for the important 4-5 year old demographic.

If a Moana ride gets built, I expect it will be accessible to as many guests as possible. Disney's incentive is to provide an attraction similar to what they've just built at Fantasy Springs at Tokyo Disney Sea. Those rides are impressive, but they are not physically taxing. They prioritize audio animatronics, special effects, and music.

I could be totally misreading this, but I think they would be making a mistake to build a thrill ride when families really want something that is accessible to everyone. Just my two cents on the matter.
I don't think Moana is meant to be comparable to Tiana's in terms of thrill, I suspect they will indeed want the height requirement to be lower. Probably somewhere between Pirates and Splash for drop height, with the height requirement similarly splitting the difference somehow. But that's sort of a guess.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

I would be shocked if a Moana flume ride had a 40 inch height requirement. I suspect the drop wouldn't be anything like Tiana/Splash. I'm sure there'd be a mild thrill, but I would expect it to be very much something that younger kids could experience. But I have no inside knowledge of the project...that's just what I assume.

Last edited:

doctornick

We have no idea the specifics of the Moana ride mechanics are or the corresponding โ€œthrill levelโ€ or height requirement. All we have is a piece of concept art designed for a different location and park - which may not even be what MK would be getting. I wouldnโ€™t get worked until/unless we get some firmer details.

seabreezept813

I would be shocked if a Moana flume ride had a 40 inch height requirement. I suspect they drop wouldn't be anything like Tiana/Splash. I'm sure there'd be a mild thrill, but I would expect it to be very much something that younger kids could experience. But I have no inside knowledge of the project...that's just what I assume.
My 3 year old is tall enough now for Kali River Rapids (38 inches). So my guess is it that would be the requirement if any.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom