Rumor Moana E-Ticket Ride to Adventureland

ToTBellHop

There will be a "Wet Queue" and a "Dry Queue" instead of LL and Standby.
The poors in Standby have to try and swim.

Try.

1715030968925.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So an actual question, How likely is this to happen? Is it like basically almost greenlit already greenlit? Where are we at on this?
No one knows. Disney's probably not sure. All we have are a few insiders who say, "it's now the plan."

But remember, a year ago, there was a different plan.

And a year from now, maybe a new, different one.

Best not to obsess over it.

They only thing we have a promise of is $17B spent on WDW. And if some projects go into cost overruns eating up all that $17B, then that's where they stop building. Budget used up. Not getting everything that was rumored.

Bocabear

No one knows. Disney's probably not sure. All we have are a few insiders who say, "it's now the plan."

They only thing we have a promise of is $17B spent on WDW. And if some projects go into cost overruns eating up all that $17B, then that's where they stop building. Budget used up. Not getting everything that was rumored.
even when something is greenlit, you can't really trust it will happen until you see shovels in the ground, or if it is a DVC project.... and even with shovels in the ground it is not guaranteed...

Purduevian

even when something is greenlit, you can't really trust it will happen until you see shovels in the ground, or if it is a DVC project.... and even with shovels in the ground it is not guaranteed...
I wonder what the furthest along attraction was that never opened. I know Germany and Japan in EPCOT had show buildings, but I don't know if any sets were ever installed.

ToTBellHop

Sorry…if some projects go into cost overruns?

1715102564744.gif

lazyboy97o

I wonder what the furthest along attraction was that never opened. I know Germany and Japan in EPCOT had show buildings, but I don't know if any sets were ever installed.
The Rhine River Cruise show building was not built.

We'll probably never really know how far along Play Pavilion was. I'm pretty sure the Main Street Theater was to the point of shovels actually being in the ground before that project was pulled.
Shovels in the ground doesn’t really tell you anything about the status of a project when demolition and site work can start well before design work is complete.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Bob Iger at the MoffettNathanson’s Media, Internet & Communications Conference said today the company is beginning to invest with Moana IP in the parks.
Interesting indeed, although he's probably just talking about Journey of Water

Brer Oswald

Bob Iger at the MoffettNathanson’s Media, Internet & Communications Conference said today the company is beginning to invest with Moana IP in the parks.
A lot of eggs into one basket. I’m not inherently against a Moana ride, but if that’s all that MK has planned in terms of new Dark rides, that’s a major disappointment

BrianLo

Honestly, while I thought Coco + Encanto was originally a good pitch… Moana (in Adventureland) and Coco is a reasonable trade off. Tropical Americas was definitely a better trade.

It might be an even better trade off if it sidelined a lot of bad options for the second part of Beyond Big Thunder.

Brer Oswald

Given MK’s prior history of slow builds, opening Tron, TBA, Moana, and a Coco E-ticket within a single decade would be rather impressive. Especially when 3 of them are bona fide additions.
A simulator, a retheme, a 40 second coaster, and a boat ride-simulator hybrid. I mean...it's something I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom