MLB 2013

Zweiland

www.ny times.com/080913/b?@-rod384738

A-Rod Biogenesis Clone 'B-Rod' Takes Over Third Base for Yanks

Alex Rodriguez replaced himself at third base for the Yankees last night after the maligned former-MVP dropped his appeal of a 211-game suspension for violating Major League Baseball's performance enhancing drug policy."B-Rod", a hulking, 6-foot 5-inch, 350-pound genetic facsimile of A-Rod, was cloned by the now defunct Biogenesis of America clinic for just such a contingency, according to sources.B-Rod went 0 for 4 in his debut, striking out four times on twelve pitches. In the field, he was charged with an error after he tried to eat the only ball that was hit his way.
"B-Rod like baseball. Ball taste good," B-Rod remarked after the game.

Yankees manager Joe Girardi noted that B-Rod is a work in progress.

"We need to keep in mind that B-Rod hasn't ever played this game, so this is like spring training for him," said Girardi, "That, and the fact that he only has seven fingers and four toes."

B-Rod, who made $175,000 for his nine innings of work last night, failed to make a big impression with fans.

"He played just like A-Rod. You couldn't tell the difference," commented one man, "He sucks."

Still, most pin-stripe loyalists agree that B-Rod remains the Yankees best option at third base.

Said a fan: "Who else are we going to play, Jayson Nix?"

jw24

As much as I still loathe A-Rod and all the baggage he brings, somehow, my Yanks have been much better although Soriano has been swinging a hot bat lately. Question is, if he slumps, will the team go down with him? I hope not...and Ichiro got career hit 4000!

Last edited:

Hobnail Boot

My boy J-Hey got hit in the face today with a 90mph fastball... broke his jaw in two places. Thankfully, he got up and walked off on his own power. Braves say he'll be out 4-6 weeks.

Matt7187

Same here. I say just stick a catchers mask on and go for it. I'm sure you can see just fine in that thing and running the bases wouldn't be awkward at all:cautious:
Dave Parker wore one.

32c257b2e3215be532178420b39990e3_zps062b5585.jpg

Hobnail Boot

Barring another historic meltdown, I'd say we have the division on lock so I'd rather Jason rest and heal all the way before being thrown back in the lineup. Now is a time when BJ needs to earn that $75 million and step up and make some plays. If he and Uggla start hitting, we'll be more than fine until Jason returns.

Hobnail Boot

And start the meltdown... Beachy is going to see Dr. Andrews and will miss his next start. What is up with our pitchers and their arms?

Matt7187

I felt this thread was worth bumping. It is 1 1/2 hours from September. My Pirates are in 1st place. In September! 3 away from .500 record. We now have John Buck, Marlon Byrd, and JUSTIN FREAKING MORNEAU for a couple fringe prospects. Life is good in Pitt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom