MLB 2013

Darth Tater

Well folks, the big night has finally arrived. A-Rod's first home appearance since the feces hit the ceiling fan with his whole steroid scandal. The big question circulating around all the sports stations today is: How will Yankees fans react? Will they greet A-Rod with thunderous applause, showing approval to him & his steroid use, or will they boo him & reject the idea; making a stand for fair play? All eyes will be on New York tonight as fans will make the ultimate statement on the pride of the game & it's sportsmanship.

As Woody Paige on Around The Horn said earlier: "Fans have the freedom to welcome a player however they like, but tonight will give much insight into Yankees' fans...whether good or bad".

New York: The nation is watching.

afar28

Well folks, the big night has finally arrived. A-Rod's first home appearance since the feces hit the ceiling fan with his whole steroid scandal. The big question circulating around all the sports stations today is: How will Yankees fans react? Will they greet A-Rod with thunderous applause, showing approval to him & his steroid use, or will they boo him & reject the idea; making a stand for fair play? All eyes will be on New York tonight as fans will make the ultimate statement on the pride of the game & it's sportsmanship.

As Woody Paige on Around The Horn said earlier: "Fans have the freedom to welcome a player however they like, but tonight will give much insight into Yankees' fans...whether good or bad".

New York: The nation is watching.
I'm a yankee fan, and although I won't be heading to the game I sure hope everyone there boos him. I hate what he did. He is a liar and a cheater. I do think though if he hits a home run tonight, or even an extra base hit (which I highly doubt he will) he probably will get thunderous applause. On the radio today they mentioned that Yankee fans would cheer for Hitler and Mussolini if they could hit, and I find that most of the fans of my team would. I wouldnt, but the vast majority would.

But as a Yankee fan, I am so conflicted on what I want to happen with Rodriguez. One part of me wants him to play horrible, because of what he did. But that would come at expense of the Yankees. A different part of me wants him to contribute and help the team, since we are fading away in the playoff race and we need to win now to get back in it.

afar28

Well I think we have an answer on wether the fans will boo or not. When the bleacher creatures were chanting A-Rod, the rest of the stadium booed.
Alex Rodriguez- worsening my teams reputation since 2004

Darth Tater

"Yankee Fans Rally Behind A-Rod; Show Support For Steroid Usage"
August 09, 2013

"'I'm a Yankee fan, and I stick behind my players no matter what. Our team plays to win, rules be damned."
This seemed to be the mood tonight as thousands of Yankee fans showed their avid support for shamed MLB player Alex Rodriguez. Unless you have been living under a rock this past baseball season, you're aware of A-Rod's current standoff with the rules of the game. He faces suspension for the entire 2014 season after overwhelming evidence of tampering with records, and abusing MLB's drug policy.

Many speculated as to how Rodriguez would be welcomed back at Yankee stadium. Prior to Friday's game against the Detroit Tigers, Twitter exploded with support from Yankee die-hards, and rants on MLB's stance against steroid use.

"Plain and simple, we do what it takes to win. If you squares have a problem with tha 'roids, go tha hell home!" was one Tweet.

"It you cross the Yanks, you will get STABBED!" was seen written on a large posterboard just outside Yankee Stadium at Friday's game.

When A-Rod finally came to bat, he was welcomed like a hero returning from a tour of duty, as thousands of Yankee fans got to their feet and cheered in support of the tainted player. Most fans frantically approved, a few booed, and an overwhelming amount of fans started an obscure "Let Him Juice" chant.

We asked fans after the game as to why they would support the use of banned substances, and why it would be acceptable to lie in the manner in which A-Rod is accused. As one lively Yankee fan told us:
"If you don't get it...you can never be one of us. We're Yankees. Honesty, going by the rules, and all that other childish (explicit) is for pansies. A-Rod is one of us, and he will always be loved by us. He does not need our forgiveness because he has done nothing wrong. When you play to win, you do whatever is necessary, and that is the type of guy Alex Rodriguez is, a true New York Yankee. If you cannot take risks and cross lines to win, you might as well play for another team."

Maybe we will never understand. The rest of MLB; the rest of the country doesn't seem to understand. But then again, it takes a special breed to become a Yankee fan. From what we observed tonight at A-Rod's homecoming, his sins have certainly been forgiven."
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp...tebook_id=56427576&vkey=notebook_nyy&c_id=nyy

Last edited:

afar28

August 09, 2013

"'I'm a Yankee fan, and I stick behind my players no matter what. Our team plays to win, rules be damned."
This seemed to be the mood tonight as thousands of Yankee fans showed their avid support for shamed MLB player Alex Rodriguez. Unless you have been living under a rock this past baseball season, you're aware of A-Rod's current standoff with the rules of the game. He faces suspension for the entire 2014 season after overwhelming evidence of tampering with records, and abusing MLB's drug policy.

Many speculated as to how Rodriguez would be welcomed back at Yankee stadium. Prior to Friday's game against the Detroit Tigers, Twitter exploded with support from Yankee die-hards, and rants against MLB's stance against steroid use.

"Plain and simple, we do what it takes to win. If you squares have a problem with tha 'roids, go the hell home!" was seen written on a poster board just outside Yankee Stadium at Friday's game.
"It you cross the Yanks, you will get STABBED!" read another.

When A-Rod finally came to bat, he was welcomed like a hero returning from a tour of duty, as thousands of Yankee fans got to their feet and cheered in support of the tainted player. Most fans frantically approved, a few booed, and an overwhelming amount of fans started an obscure "Let Him Juice" chant.

We asked fans after the game as to why they would support the use of banned substances, and why would it be acceptable to lie in the manner in which A-Rod is accused. As one lively Yankee fan told us:
"If you don't get it...you can never be one of us. We're Yankees. Honesty, going by the rules, and all that other childish (explicit) is for pansies. A-Rod is one of us, and he will always be loved by us. He does not need our forgiveness because he has done nothing wrong. When you play to win, you do whatever is necessary, and that is the type of guy Alex Rodriguez is, a true New York Yankee. If you cannot take risks and cross lines to win, you might as well play for another team."

Maybe we will never understand. The rest of MLB; the rest of the country doesn't seem to understand. But then again, it takes a special breed to become a Yankee fan. From what we observed tonight at A-Rod's homecoming, his sins have certainly been forgiven."
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp...tebook_id=56427576&vkey=notebook_nyy&c_id=nyy
I am a Yankee fan and found this hilarious. I'm not one of "those" Yankee fans though...lol

Californian Elitist

My dodgers tonight... Oh. My. GOODNESS. This is by far the BEST game I've ever attended, despite the fact the fireworks were cancelled, tonight.:(

The Dodgers came home after I don't know how many away games... We played the Tampa Rays, and didn't score until the freaking seventh inning, with a score of six to one. We score an extra two in the eighth inning... We get to the ninth inning, and beat the Rays, seven to six. Absolutely mind blowing. The crowd went nuts! I don't think I've ever hugged so many strangers, before. Way better than going to the Expo!!!!!

LA Nation!!!!

image.jpg

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
My dodgers tonight... Oh. My. GOODNESS. This is by far the BEST game I've ever attended, despite the fact the fireworks were cancelled, tonight.:(

The Dodgers came home after I don't know how many away games... We played the Tampa Rays, and didn't score until the freaking seventh inning, with a score of six to one. We score an extra two in the eighth inning... We get to the ninth inning, and beat the Rays, seven to six. Absolutely mind blowing. The crowd went nuts! I don't think I've ever hugged so many strangers, before. Way better than going to the Expo!!!!!

LA Nation!!!!

View attachment 29320
As a loyal Orioles fan and since Tampa is still one place ahead of us in the AL East, I must say it makes me very happy. And that would be an awesome game to go to. Glad you had fun!

jw24

August 09, 2013

Many speculated as to how Rodriguez would be welcomed back at Yankee stadium. Prior to Friday's game against the Detroit Tigers, Twitter exploded with support from Yankee die-hards, and rants on MLB's stance against steroid use.

"Plain and simple, we do what it takes to win. If you squares have a problem with tha 'roids, go tha hell home!" was seen written on a large posterboard just outside Yankee Stadium at Friday's game.
"It you cross the Yanks, you will get STABBED!" read another.

We asked fans after the game as to why they would support the use of banned substances, and why it would be acceptable to lie in the manner in which A-Rod is accused. As one lively Yankee fan told us:

A few?! I have a suspicious feeling that particular writer was not watching the same game I was watching last night. I'm definitely not one of those "fans". The damage has already been done and I'm the not the type of person who can just easily forgive and all the resentment will just magically go away. It doesn't work that way for me. Yes, any sports fan wants to see their best players stand and deliver but they should do so both on and off the field.

Darth Tater

A few?! I have a suspicious feeling that particular writer was not watching the same game I was watching last night. I'm definitely not one of those "fans". The damage has already been done and I'm the not the type of person who can just easily forgive and all the resentment will just magically go away. It doesn't work that way for me. Yes, any sports fan wants to see their best players stand and deliver but they should do so both on and off the field.
The ESPN post-game highlights made it look like the whole stadium was cheering for him. When I saw that one Yankee fan holding a sign reading: "Let A-Rod Use The 'Roids", I was like...o_Oo_O

afar28

The ESPN post-game highlights made it look like the whole stadium was cheering for him. When I saw that one Yankee fan holding a sign reading: "Let A-Rod Use The 'Roids", I was like...o_Oo_O
Yeah, I saw that also. When he was actually up, it was about 50/50 split with boos and cheers. It was also strange that when they announced the lineups before the game, when they got to A-Rod everyone booed. When he got up he got a different reaction for some reason. After he struck out 3 times they booed though

Californian Elitist

August 09, 2013

"Plain and simple, we do what it takes to win. If you squares have a problem with tha 'roids, go tha hell home!" was one Tweet.

"It you cross the Yanks, you will get STABBED!" was seen written on a large posterboard just outside Yankee Stadium at Friday's game.

This is disturbing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom