MLB 2013

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Born & raised in The Bronx, well you know which team is mine! @StarWarsGirl95, I'm no hater but damn, that was a nice triple play just played by the Yanks on your O's!!! ;)

I've been lurking in his thread from the beginning but didn't dare post in it...just for the record, I'm expecting not only for the Yanks to stink up the Eastern Division this year, but a complete return to the 1980's. However, that triple play had to be acknowledged!

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Born & raised in The Bronx, well you know which team is mine! @StarWarsGirl95, I'm no hater but damn, that was a nice triple play just played by the Yanks on your O's!!! ;)

I've been lurking in his thread from the beginning but didn't dare post in it...just for the record, I'm expecting not only for the Yanks to stink up the Eastern Division this year, but a complete return to the 1980's. However, that triple play had to be acknowledged!
Only half watched the game tonight. Too tired to process...so no, I didn't see that play. It's unusual that I don't watch a Friday night game. From what I got, it's just cold and it's whichever team could handle that. Which considering it's considerably warmer down here...

I've never actually been to NY...I just want to go for a weekend and see some Broadway shows. We refer to NY as the Evil Empire and Yankees fans as members of the dark side. ;) Actually, no offense to you, I'm sure you're lovely especially since you're a WDW fan and on this board where there are very few jerks, but Yankees fans are just annoying. They come down to Baltimore and take over our stadium. If we tried to pull some of the stuff they pull up in NY, we'd get beat up. That, and I get sick of the attitude that NYC is the center of the universe. Just my poor experience with Yankees fans.

You guys better lose on May 22. That's my last day of school and I'm celebrating the end of high school by going to an O's game. :D

I'm hoping you guys do poorly. It just comes from having hated that team my whole life. I'd rather see Boston take it over you guys. Or Tampa. Or Toronto. But mainly my birds.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Oh, @StarWarsGirl95, I expect us to lose this season and for several more to come! I should start rooting for the Mets! As to the annoying fan thing, I think it must run northward. We find Red Sox fans at least as annoying as you find Yankees fans! ;)

My hubby is a huge Showalter fan, so we are not rooting against the Orioles. And I work in sports, almost half of MLB teams are clients, and we root for all of them!

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Oh, @StarWarsGirl95, I expect us to lose this season and for several more to come! I should start rooting for the Mets! As to the annoying fan thing, I think it must run northward. We find Red Sox fans at least as annoying as you find Yankees fans! ;)

My hubby is a huge Showalter fan, so we are not rooting against the Orioles. And I work in sports, almost half of MLB teams are clients, and we root for all of them!
Buck's a good manager. And he helped you guys out. You should cheer for him. ;) BUCKle up.

Actually, we get a lot of tourism from Boston and NY down here, and the NY fans are far worse than the Boston ones. Maybe it's just cultural, but we find New Yorkers really rude. We appreciate their money. Now go take your team home. NY fans are probably the worst. Most polite are actually Nats fans. They can be winning and you won't even realize they're there. We had that happen where the Nats were beating us by a lot, and there was not a peep out of the fans even though they were clearly there. Boston fans just hate the Yankees fans so much that they are probably doing their best to annoy you. They're fine around us. Actually, one of my favorite moments last year was at a Boston game and the board showed the Yankees losing and the whole stadium, Boston and Orioles fans cheering "YANKEES SUCK!" I don't mind them clapping for one good play, such as the Boston fans do, but the Yankees fans try to take over our stadium even when they're losing. It's not cool.

Beware, Nats are my National league favorite...though I have more respect for the Mets than the Yankees. I'm with the Boston fans; I really hate the Yankees.

Although I must give credit to CC Sabathia. He seemed to manage not to break any of Nick Markakis's bones this time with wild pitches. ;)

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Love me the O's. Despite tonight. In fact, despite any loss. Went to the last home game last season with family and we have never been a part of something quite like 40000+ fans and the entire Orioles team watching the Yanks game on the jumbo-tron. Then, despite the negative outcome, the fans all staying even longer to give the team a standing ovation. It may be small, but I still wear the cap that I got at a 1979 World Series game against the Pirates at Memorial Stadium.

Darth Tater

Born & raised in The Bronx, well you know which team is mine!
Mets?

paranoid.gif

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Love me the O's. Despite tonight. In fact, despite any loss. Went to the last home game last season with family and we have never been a part of something quite like 40000+ fans and the entire Orioles team watching the Yanks game on the jumbo-tron. Then, despite the negative outcome, the fans all staying even longer to give the team a standing ovation. It may be small, but I still wear the cap that I got at a 1979 World Series game against the Pirates at Memorial Stadium.
I was there too:). I mean, not for the World Series Game, (considering my mother was 13 then!) but for the 40,000+ fans.

I hate to tell you, but it wasn't the Yankees we were watching. It was the Rangers/Angels game, the first part of the double header. The Yankees won earlier that day after a comeback.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I was there too:). I mean, not for the World Series Game, (considering my mother was 13 then!) but for the 40,000+ fans.

I hate to tell you, but it wasn't the Yankees we were watching. It was the Rangers/Angels game, the first part of the double header. The Yankees won earlier that day after a comeback.

That's right, it was Rangers/Angels. That afternoon got my DD9 hooked on baseball!

Darth Tater

--- Week 2 Recap ---

Things I learned during week #2
-If you're a pitcher, do NOT peg San Diego Padres' slugger, Carlos Quentin when he is at bat.
-I hope LA Dodgers' pitcher, Zack Greinke, pays special heed to the warning above for future reference.
-Getting pegged by a pitch is no reason to charge the mound.
-Getting pegged 3 times by the same pitcher is. So I can certainly see why Quentin did what he did.
-Though that doesn't mean I necessarily agree with what he did.
-Yes, I have more things to talk about this week than the Padres/Dodgers brawl.
-Umpire Marty Foster needs to buy some new glasses, as anyone on the Tampa Bay Rays will agree.
-Seriously, that had to be the WORST strike call I've seen in all my years watching baseball.
-Alex Rodriguez, even when he is not playing, cannot go a week without some sort of bad publicity.
-Sneak attack in the West. The current World Series champion SF Giants are on the rise. Do I smell a repeat?
-The Oakland A's may have the best record in the AL...but it's the Detroit Tigers who look the most dangerous.
-Dying fish. The Miami Marlins need to be put on life support.
-Seriously, they've only played 11 games, and are already 8 games out of 1st. #MindBlown
-The NY Yankees may be an aging & injured team...but they are certainly not down & out.
-The 1st place Boston Red Sox have many things to be thankful for...getting rid of Bobby V. is one of them.
-The Atlanta Braves are smokin'! And the Upton Bros.' bats should be registered as lethal weapons.
-The St. Louis Cardinals may be in 1st now, but I'm not 100% convinced they're playoff material this yr.
-The LA Angels have a worse record then the Houston Astros. That should speak for itself.

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
I was a Mets fan as a tween, back in the Tom Seaver days. I still have most of my Mets baseball cards from the early 70's.

Then I went with the flow of the rest of my family. My idea of teenage rebellion was rooting for the Dodgers in 1977.
You turned to the dark side with the Yankees! NO! Come back!!!;)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

That "annoying Red Sox fans" remark was tongue-in-cheek. I have a lot of respect for Red Sox fans, they really know the game and analyze the team's performance. I've been to a few games at Fenway (incognito, of course! ;) ) and with the conversations going on in the stands, it's like sitting in the broadcast booth. And the Sawx have one of the classiest front offices in MLB.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
--- Week 2 Recap ---

Things I learned during week #2
-If you're a pitcher, do NOT peg San Diego Padres' slugger, Carlos Quentin when he is at bat.
-I hope LA Dodgers' pitcher, Zack Greinke, pays special heed to the warning above for future reference.
-Getting pegged by a pitch is no reason to charge the mound.
-Getting pegged 3 times by the same pitcher is. So I can certainly see why Quentin did what he did.
-Though that doesn't mean I necessarily agree with what he did.
-Yes, I have more things to talk about this week than the Padres/Dodgers brawl.
-Umpire Marty Foster needs to buy some new glasses, as anyone on the Tampa Bay Rays will agree.
-Seriously, that had to be the WORST strike call I've seen in all my years watching baseball.
-Alex Rodriguez, even when he is not playing, cannot go a week without some sort of bad publicity. Karma sent A-rod to the Yankees to punish the Yankees for being the Yankees. It's torture. How long until we're (all!) rid of him??
-Sneak attack in the West. The current World Series champion SF Giants are on the rise. Do I smell a repeat?
-The Oakland A's may have the best record in the AL...but it's the Detroit Tigers who look the most dangerous.
-Dying fish. The Miami Marlins need to be put on life support. Contraction, anyone? It would serve two purposes; put the fish out of its misery, and get rid of interleague play every week.
-Seriously, they've only played 11 games, and are already 8 games out of 1st. #MindBlown
-The NY Yankees may be an aging & injured team...but they are certainly not down & out. I have low expectations.
-The 1st place Boston Red Sox have many things to be thankful for...getting rid of Bobby V. is one of them. Agreed. But why'd he have to come back to NY?? :mad:
-The Atlanta Braves are smokin'! And the Upton Bros.' bats should be registered as lethal weapons.
-The St. Louis Cardinals may be in 1st now, but I'm not 100% convinced they're playoff material this yr.
-The LA Angels have a worse record then the Houston Astros. That should speak for itself.

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
@Tiggerish Haha, you are not the first Yankees fan to hate A-Rod. But he is a Yankee...and also a complete jerk. Even for a Yankee! He may have been a good ballplayer, but the rest of us don't want him.

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
In honor of the Boston Marathon victims, the Yankees are having a moment of silence and playing Sweet Caroline during the eighth inning.

I know I do my fair share of Yankee bashing, but it's classy of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom