MK to get SIX new FP attractions? UGH?!?!

Fe Maiden

But they installed that interactive queue this past spring, so now it needs Fastpass again! o_O

I simply can't wait for them to try and bring this XPass thing to Disneyland. The Disneyland locals know exactly how to tour both Disneyland and DCA, and XPass will infuriate them. But because SoCal locals are fairly savvy about Disneyland and DCA, they will be able to identify the weaknesses in XPass and NextGen and tear the thing apart.

I think you underestimate the WDW crowd. It's not hard to notice the people who carry laminated touring plans with them after they've paid for the privelege of the information. My guess is that in about 3 days people will have figured out how to take advantage of, manipulate, abuse the system and we'll all have our new marching orders.

devoy1701

Like I've said before... a billion dollar waste.

Especially having just gotten back from DLP and being overall blown away by the experience. Yes. Really. Surprised even me how good it was.

This should be a pretty telling post right here (not that Spirit's posts aren't telling enough)...but usually Lee and Martin aren't so blatent to call something a waste. You guys tell us where corners are usually cut, or you tell us of what ideas were tossed around prior to what was delivered, or even tell us what we we would have received if money wasn't an issue. But to just call something...a BILLION DOLLAR something, a waste...that should speak volumes to the community here.

RSoxNo1

Like I've said before... a billion dollar waste.

Especially having just gotten back from DLP and being overall blown away by the experience. Yes. Really. Surprised even me how good it was.
When the buzz about Next Gen started my argument was, "When has Disney spent $1 billion dollars and we got nothing remotely cool out of it?" I'm still holding out some hope, but I'm not optimistic. What I hope is that booking rides before entering the park never happens.

cba

Let's see how long the Haunted Mansion's going to keep Fastpass this time. And one more thing with the Haunted Mansion Fastpass, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE UP YOUR MIND, WDW?!

koryadams

Maybe these attractions will have seasonal fast passes, like during christmas.
But I really like the next generation stuff, my favorite would be the Haunted Mansion queue!
But yeah, the only time these would need a fast pass would be when they know the park will be closed due to capacity!

RSoxNo1

If Fastpass+ is truly going to allow for scheduling of attractions in advance, they will need to add the unnecessary Fastpass attractions to the lineup. If they keep everything day of, there a few ways they could "necessitate" Fastpass for these attractions. Basically though, they're trying to create false value for guests by adding this to these attractions. I do feel that pretty much every ride can utilize Fastpass in a seasonal standpoint, but only if standby wait times are going to exceed 30 minutes throughout the day. For some attractions (like Imagination) that's a couple of days a year. For others like Haunted Mansion or Pirates that might be 30 days a year.

fngoofy

Yes, it would appear that way according to our old pal Merfie (hey, he knows his stuff and isn't looking to be a social media , so let's be kind!)

It seems that getting ready for FP+ and NEXT GEN, WDW has filed permits to add FP to Mansion, PoC, the Aladdin spinner, Small World and two others likely both of the new Fantasyland attractions (presumably Mermaid and Mine Coaster).

Again, this just adds to the widespread belief that NEXT GEN will be about taking every second of your vacation and making you plan ahead as well as tiering your trip to the amount you spend and whether you stay at a Disney O&O resort and how much information you are willing to give Disney.
I see absolutely NOTHING positive about this development as NONE of the attractions adding FP need it. None.

I wonder when this is all said and done and Disney has spent over a billion dollars if the new leader of the company and the new leader of Parks and Resorts aren't going to toss out so much of this absurd excess.

Discuss.
Well I for one welcome our new scheduling overlords.
Seriously, I already have my spreadsheet kicking for my upcoming trip. If I could take it to the level of adding FPs and knowing what land I was doing at what time, I'd be in heaven.
Add to that the ability to buy priority FPs AND primo seating for parades and fireworks, sign me up (and take my money.)

Fractal514

I have yet to read any convincing argument on exactly how the x-pass system will negatively impact those who choose not to use it. Everything I've read or heard indicates that it will be cannibalizing from the current FP system or at last be a limited amount per hour per day. Those who enjoy scheduling, or who only visit once a lifetime, like to ensure riding the things they want to ride, this is a tool they can use to do so. Those who like to keep things loose and play it by ear can still do so and just ignore the new system. No one is being forced to do anything, no one will be unable to ride because of the new system, no one will suffer at all.

I think some people just like to .

lazyboy97o

I have yet to read any convincing argument on exactly how the x-pass system will negatively impact those who choose not to use it. Everything I've read or heard indicates that it will be cannibalizing from the current FP system or at last be a limited amount per hour per day. Those who enjoy scheduling, or who only visit once a lifetime, like to ensure riding the things they want to ride, this is a tool they can use to do so. Those who like to keep things loose and play it by ear can still do so and just ignore the new system. No one is being forced to do anything, no one will be unable to ride because of the new system, no one will suffer at all.

I think some people just like to .
Then why add distracting interactive elements to queues that tend to move rather well?

Patricia Melton

I'm having trouble understanding all this NextGen stuff. My son is VERY good with computers and I am only okay with computers. I've asked him to research this NextGen stuff but he has not had time yet.

I think that this business with changes to FastPass are part of NextGen, but I am not sure how they fit in.

I personally would enjoy being able to set FastPass times in advance for some attractions. I know that some people don't like that idea, but I think it would be great if I could select three attractions or so to FastPass in advance long before I am going to the park. That would be three per day, per ticket. Then I think I could let the rest of the day just play out the way I want it to.

Personally, I would do it like this:

* Arrive at the park at rope drop (my tradition)
* Head to Fantasyland and do a few of the rides there that fill up later (like Peter Pan)
* Have breakfast at Cinderella's Table (a family tradition because my niece and nephew LOVE the characters there for breakfast)
* Do a few more things in Fantasyland (and take a Little Mermaid FastPass advance option if possible)
* Head over to Haunted Mansion
* Use second advance Fast Pass I've reserved for Pirates
* Go on the Jungle Cruise
* Stop for a Dole Pineapple Whip and relax a little
* Head over to Tomorrowland to use the Third Advance Fast Pass of the day (the last one)
* Grab a turkey leg or other snack
* Just wander around where the mood strikes us
* Beauty and the Beast for dinner
* Enjoy Dumbo's Circus
* Wander around and enjoy things as it's dark and revisit favorite spots
* Last trip to Mansion
* Shop on Main Street
* Back to the hotel!

Honestly, I don't see myself being able to plan in advance being at more than three attractions at certain times. I can do an advance Fast Pass for the morning, one for the afternoon, and one in the evening. But I would not want to micromanage my trip more than that. A lot depends on how my niece and nephew feel that day as they are pre-teens and some days they are willing to do more than others.

I do however like setting up a FastPass in advance around eating times. So I can plan to be at an attraction either right before a meal or right after a meal ends...so I can have that set in my mind as really a part of the meal reservation...as in, "right after breakfast we go on Little Mermaid" or "right before dinner we go on Space Mountain". This would be a great help in planning the day and saving time.

But I just can't see myself wanting more than three advance fast passes per day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom