MJ's Posse

DisneyBunny

dandaman said:
Boom- perche

Bang- coup

Crash- accident :)rolleyes: :lol: )

I put in "POW", but it got me "prisoner de guierre" or "prisoner of war". :lookaroun

Are you seriously studying French Onomotopoeia? If so, that's so cool! We never studied anything like that.

dandaman

DisneyBunny said:
Are you seriously studying French Onomotopoeia? If so, that's so cool! We never studied anything like that.

No. I still had the translator open, so I took the liberty of plugging in the words. :lol:

Of course...

French Worksheet said:
French Test

1. Spell onomatopoeia.

:lookaroun

DisneyBunny

dandaman said:
No. I still had the translator open, so I took the liberty of plugging in the words. :lol:

Of course...

:lookaroun

Onomotopoeia was one of those words that were on one of my spelling tests in elementary school, and ever since then I just like spelling it. Like Mississippi.

But that begs the question, if the definition of onomotopoeia is words sounding like sounds, why doesn't "onomotopoeia" sound like anything? :lookaroun

dandaman

DisneyBunny said:
Onomotopoeia was one of those words that were on one of my spelling tests in elementary school, and ever since then I just like spelling it. Like Mississippi.

But that begs the question, if the definition of onomotopoeia is words sounding like sounds, why doesn't "onomotopoeia" sound like anything? :lookaroun

The mind wanders. :lookaroun

People keep pestering me to spell words I can't possibly get right :rolleyes: (won spelling bee all the years I've been entered). Sometimes I spell either "supercalifragilisticexpialidocuous" or "antidisestablishmentarianism" wrong, just to see if they can actually prove me wrong. :lol: :drevil:

jesserin

Hey guys! :) Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday! :) (after complaining last night about my sunburn... what did I do today? get up and take my little brother to the beach of course...) ;) (but i stayed semi covered up - t-shirt- today - so no additional burn...) :D LOL! It's another scorcher here... hope y'all are staying cooler than we are... I'm already excited for winter again!!! :lookaroun :D

DisneyBunny

jesserin said:
Hey guys! :) Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday! :) (after complaining last night about my sunburn... what did I do today? get up and take my little brother to the beach of course...) ;) (but i stayed semi covered up - t-shirt- today - so no additional burn...) :D LOL! It's another scorcher here... hope y'all are staying cooler than we are... I'm already excited for winter again!!! :lookaroun :D

We had temps in the 80's on Saturday for the first time this year. It took us all for a shock. We just had 40 degree days the week prior! I guess it's a good thing, though. Got me anxious for the trip!

Any packing done yet?

dandaman

jesserin said:

*grumble*

I can pay for my own plane ticket, you know. :lookaroun

dandaman

DisneyBunny said:
You can still stow away in our luggage, if you'd like. But you're on your own for park hoppers! :wave:

Fine by me. I cant think of anything else that money could be better spent on. :D

jesserin

DisneyBunny said:
Got me anxious for the trip!

Any packing done yet?

LOL! :) no but I did finish my packing lists.. does that count? ;) I'm so last minute when it comes to that stuff (well that and I don't have enough clothes to pack now and still have something to wear for the next... 9 days 14 hours and 58 minutes... :lookaroun )

:lol: But I am pulling together things like our poncho's, sunblock, tide bleach pen's etc... random stuff that i won't need before then... (well, with the exception of the sunblock...) ;)

DisneyBunny

jesserin said:
LOL! :) no but I did finish my packing lists.. does that count? ;) I'm so last minute when it comes to that stuff (well that and I don't have enough clothes to pack now and still have something to wear for the next... 9 days 14 hours and 58 minutes... :lookaroun )

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's counting down. (11 Days, 15 hours, 30 minutes) :lol:

jesserin said:
But I am pulling together things like our poncho's, sunblock, tide bleach pen's etc... random stuff that i won't need before then... (well, with the exception of the sunblock...) ;)

Tide Bleach pen?

barnum42

Too many posts since Saturday!

With some illustrations via Google, here is how my Easter went:
Had a great weekend at my folks. On the way down, GF, mutt and I stopped by Avebury for Tea and Hippy Cake plus to wander around the stones and henge.

avebury.gif

Saturday had us all head to the coast - Littlehampton. Bit blustery and with bits of rain, but we still had fish and chips al fresco.

littlehamptonbch.jpg

Sunday we headed to Broadwater Lake in Godalming:

broadwater_map.jpg

Then over to a nice little village called Shere.

shere.JPG

Headed home today via the village of Lacock, a place owned by the National Trust. No TV aerials or satellite dishes to be seen. It all looks as it did centuries ago (bar the cars).

lacock.jpg

They also used part of the abbey for shots of Hogwarts in Harry Potter.

lacock-cloister.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom