MJ's Posse

Nemo14

dandaman said:
POTO on the trumpet, however, is a different story... I have to learn the solo by Wednesday and perform it, but 1. The high notes make the mouthpiece press too hard on my braces and cut my lips, and 2. I can't seem to shake this horrible cold I've had since Thursday. :(
They make a thing that you can put over your braces to protect your lips - DD had to use one when she had braces. I think I bought it at a music store if I remember correctly.

DisneyBunny

Nemo14 said:
That has possibilities, but maybe something in a flashy color.

It needs to be a gift that has absolutely no practical value. Make it a statuary, framed piece of hideous art, or a lawn ornament. Make up some story about how it was an heirloom, it has sentimental value, and insist that you see it every time you come to visit. :lookaroun

Nemo14

DisneyBunny said:
It needs to be a gift that has absolutely no practical value. Make it a statuary, framed piece of hideous art, or a lawn ornament. Make up some story about how it was an heirloom, it has sentimental value, and insist that you see it every time you come to visit. :lookaroun
....kind of like the ugly ceramic clock we got for a wedding gift that accidently fell off the wall and shattered when we were hanging it?

I like it!

Yellow Shoes

Nemo14 said:
I don't know - something incredibly tasteless and tacky though but not too pricey.

Any suggestions?

...and you MUST make sure it is non-returnable.

How about something hand-crafted. Don't get me wrong, some people are excellent crafters and make beautiful objects.

However, there are some real stinkers out there. I would suggest you go to the senior citizens center--lots of them have a craft sale area.

How about an afghan in neon orange and brown?
Crocheted toilet paper covers?
Baskets made out of bleach bottles?

Do you know someone who paints?
OH--I've got it!
Periodically here in KC, they hold "Starving Artists' Sales". They are typically held in a hotel ballroom. They have lots of hand-painted pictures--landscapes, flowers, etc.

Good luck.

I agree--greedy brides and grooms are the worst. Miss Manners has nothing good to say about them.

Nemo14

Well it's been fun, but I really have to get something done around here today! have a good afternoon all!

Stay dry! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DisneyBunny

Nemo14 said:
....kind of like the ugly ceramic clock we got for a wedding gift that accidently fell off the wall and shattered when we were hanging it?

I like it!

Exactly!

Even if you get them something that they claim they want, chances are they're going to return it for cash anyways, so why not have a little fun with it in the meantime?

(And, just for the record, we only returned items that we got duplicates of for our wedding. We kept everything else... luckily no ceramic clocks for us :D )

Nemo14

Yellow Shoes said:
...and you MUST make sure it is non-returnable.

How about something hand-crafted. Don't get me wrong, some people are excellent crafters and make beautiful objects.

However, there are some real stinkers out there. I would suggest you go to the senior citizens center--lots of them have a craft sale area.

Do you know someone who paints?
OH--I've got it!
Periodically here in KC, they hold "Starving Artists' Sales". They are typically held in a hotel ballroom. They have lots of hand-painted pictures--landscapes, flowers, etc.

Good luck.

I agree--greedy brides and grooms are the worst. Miss Manners has nothing good to say about them.
Perhaps I could make them something myself! I'm pretty untalented in the craft department!

DisneyBunny

Yellow Shoes said:

Hee! Love them all! My mom still has a bunch of hand made things left over from her wedding - how about a hand-made wine bottle cover that looks like a poodle. ( And ironically, it IS orange and brown)

DisneyBunny

dandaman said:
I fear for my future wedding guests. :lookaroun (God willing!)

Most likely, you won't have much to do with your wedding! That's up to your bride. Your job is to say "Yes dear" a lot, and pretend that you really care about things like floral design and napkin color schemes. :lol:

Connor002

Dot said:
I know you're not serious. :rolleyes:
Sure...:lookaroun
Betty said:
*squirts a sleeping Luke, Connor, Freddy, and Danny with giant Super Soaker*
No chocolate for you!
Betty said:
Lesson learned: Don't mess with the I-Moms!
I haven't learned anything! :lookaroun :p
Dot said:
We just can't stay away, even on holidays! :lol:
I can quit if I wanted to, I swear! :lookaroun
Dot said:
I don't know if I can take pictures while sobbing uncontrollably. :lookaroun
Come on, chin up! (We don't want pictures of the floor!)
:lookaroun

dandaman

DisneyBunny said:
Most likely, you won't have much to do with your wedding! That's up to your bride. Your job is to say "Yes dear" a lot, and pretend that you really care about things like floral design and napkin color schemes. :lol:

I should throw her for a loop and say, "No, honey, I don't like those napkins. And the flowers are all wrong! I wanted white lilies at the entrance! WHITE!" :lol:

(I've already come to grips with the fact that I'll be a yes-man from proposal to altar. ;))

Connor002

Betty said:
Then when I asked about honeymoon plans, she said they're considering Thailand or maybe Australia.
I'd love to go to either... or both...
Dot said:
What more could I ask for?
Me?
Betty said:
The rest of us?
^She has the right idea.
Dan said:
No... that could be an apocalypse, depending on who you invite. :lol:
I haven't done the explosion thing for many months now... :lookaroun
Dot said:
You are so right!
But I'd be willing to take my chances, just to have us all together!
:eek:
:cry:
Dot said:
Linus is my hero. :lookaroun
:lookaroun
Dan said:
I see it as a return for the fact that we don't get Martin Luther King Day off!
But... I have off both days. :lookaroun

DisneyBunny

dandaman said:
I should throw her for a loop and say, "No, honey, I don't like those napkins. And the flowers are all wrong! I wanted white lilies at the entrance! WHITE!"

Don't you dare! You'd break her heart! :lol: I speak from expeience - my DH was super-involved in our wedding planning, to the point where I was jealous of all those "yes, dear" fiances out there. "Square cakes? Who want's a square cake? It should be Round! In fact, why have cake at all, can't we have a wedding pie, or even better - cheesecake!"

And yes, we did have cheesecake at our wedding. (along with a round cake for me)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom