MJ's Family of Friends

MommytoMJM

Uponastar said:
Not nice here, either.
In the low 70s and overcast.
Not my kind of day at all.

See, now that is perfect Mommy and Princess Weather since she and I are both on drugs that say in bog bold letters to avoid heat and sunlight (even strong artificial light)

MsSnuzi

Morning! We may have a decent day today - I'm going to try to get some outside work done today. Have a big couple of weeks ahead of me and won't have a chance after today. :)

MommytoMJM

lunalovegoddess said:
Morning all!

Headed to St. Petersburg... I'll update later. Then, on Tuesday, it's my buddy's birthday, so I'm baking him a baseball cake. As in, almost completely spherical... :D Wish me luck!

Bonny, I'm so glad that MJ got to have fun at MK. And, a kiss from a princess is always a plus!

Hi Brenda! Didn't get a chance to respond in the last thread. As always, of course call if you are coming here!

I'vve done ball shaped cakes before, shout if you need help (I've always wanted to take a cake decorating class.)

Kisses from Princesses rock! I pressed her hand in her autograph book. (Note to self, she needs a new autograph book before Monday)

I'll try to call you later.

Pongo

New thread?

Cool stuff.

Well, I'm back from Indy. The flight from BWI (I was in your city, Krystyna!) to MCO was TERRIBLE. We sat directly behind a screaming baby who wouldn't stay in his seat. Oy, it drove me crazy.

A little girl who was going to Disney World sat next to my mom. That was pretty cool. Imagine that, a little girl on an flight to Orlando going to Disney World :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's real good to be home.

MommytoMJM

Ok, caught up!

We weren't ever going to collect pins for MJ...too expensive and too easy to get addicted!

On March 18, 2005 (the 2nd week of our first AP's) We went to take MJ on PotC, she was a little hesitant about it. One of the CM's bent over to talk to her and as she did, MJ's eye caught a pin of Snow White and Cinderella toegther. The CM said, "If you'll try my ride I'll give you this pin" MJ nodded her little head. Her name was Michelle.

The next weekend Ica at Epcot gave her a pin of Belle and Jasmine (we were on the bridge on our way from Future World to Mexico)

As time went on, CM's (and Guests even) began to give MJ more and more pins. We made friends with some CM's who gave her a lot of them. Adam (OmegaKnight) gave her about 145 or so (of his own, not from a Disney lanyard) and was given aTop Dog Award for excellence in promoting pin trading, we got to be there when he recieved it (it was a surprise to him, but we knew about it) Later on (March 06) Adam decided to get out of pin collecting entirely and gave MJ his entire collection (except for the award her won for giving pins to her) He holds the record for the CM who has given her the most pins.

Nana (LisbetGabrielle) holds the record for giving her the most pins as a guest. She recently gave her around 850 pins, which means that Nana has given her probably about 1200 or so. Some went straight into her collection and some some became traders.

Daddy and I currently owe her about 35 pins (Mommy occasionally gives one of her traders to other kids, especially Make a Wish kids)

There are rules to MJ's collection:

1. Any pins given away must be replaced pin for pin (mommy and daddy may NOT buy a pin for the purpose of increasing her collection)

2. If MJ is given a pin that is a duplicate of one she already has she can trade it for one to put in her permanent collection (there are some exceptions, CM award pins, costume pins, etc.....)

3. MJ's pins must be able to be out and displayed (we're working on that one right now)

We treasure her collection so much because it has all been given out of love for her. She doesn't understand it, but everytime I look at a pin I know that is a person who cares about her and is praying for her.

Lately we have been trading online for her because there were some pins she needed to complete some sets, etc...and Some of them have been sending extra pins for her collection too :) It is just amazing.

She is up to almost 3,000 pins now, not including ones she has to trade (those aren't counted until they are traded for something that goes in her permanent collection)

You can see MJ's pin collection..... the count on pinpics is a little low since it doesn't account for all pins and you can't keep duplicates (we only have about 10 duplicates) there are a few she has been given a few that aren't in pinpics for whatever reason, and there are some she has been given that aren't Disney Pins (RFC, Planet Hollywood, ones from guests)

MJ's pins are displayed on pin boards that are 16x20, we cover them in fabric, put the pins on, then cover them in plastic (with some modification for motion pins) and then nail a backing board to the canvas. Then we can display them on the wall at home and take them to the parks with us to put on the back of MJ's wheelchair.

The boards we have done right now are:

MGM Studios
Princess Sets
Cast Lanyard/Pin Trading Pins
Animal Kingdom
Tinker Bell
"Friends" (Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Stitch, Lilo, Chip, Dale)

Andrew is curently working on the Magic Kingdom board and I am going to get the stuff to start working on some other boards soon.

Online trading has been the neatest adventure: I recently was able to trade for a pin that was just perfect for MJ! MJ loves Teddy Barra who swings from the ceiling in CBJ and Tink. There was a pin of Tink pushing Teddy Barra's swing that I traded for for her (and it was also scented, MJ loved it!) When we get pin offers where there is more than one pin to choose from we put the pictures up on the screen for MJ to choose from. Then when pins arrive in the mail she gets to help open the puffies (the envelopes that the pins come in have bubble wrap in them and are therefore: puffy)

Okay, now when I tell you about MJ's pins and new ones she gets you'll know what I am talking about! Whew!

Fantasmic!329

Hi guys!

Just wanted to check in before I head out for the Idol concert!! We're leaving at 4, and the concert starts at 7. So we should be there a little early (or a lot depending on traffic.)

Have a lovely evening!

And expect a TR from my trip last week sometime this week!

*juggles*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom