MJ's Family of Friends

Nemo14

Original Poster
Yeah; part of me was thinking that maybe the girls could actually use the fabric to make some simple keepsake pillows or schruncies themselves, so that they would remember doing the crafts with Bree and Aidan. We really have not had many birthday parties for the kids, mainly due to moving a few times. They are really good friends with each other, though, so they are not as lonely as they might have been.
We had one party when my daughter was about 8 or 9 where we invited each girl to bring their favorite CD (since we didn't have many at all). Well, they all brought things that my kids had never even heard of, and let's just say that some of the dance moves were pretty surprising..... :eek:

lunalovegoddess

Oh, I'm just full of news this morning...

When we went to school for the meet the teachers night, we bumped into a few of their friends. In fact, one of Bree's best friends was originally going to be homeschooled this year, which would be quite tearworthy, but instead is in Bree's class this year!
Also, Aidan has a girl friend who sits across from him, so he's happy, too. They were worried that they wouldn't know anyone or that they'd be separated from their friends, but it's not so bad. There are about five teachers per grade, so chances are that some of the kids in their classes from the previous two years would be in their classes this year.

Found some invitations last night! And I found some more school supplies while cleaning. This year is about budgeting what we need with what we can afford at the time. Some of the items on the supply lists were things that we already had, but the teachers also are asking for things like plastic forks and hand wipes. So, we purchased whatever our kids needed for their desks for now, and will donate money to the classroom fund for things as needed later this year.

Nemo14

Original Poster
Found some invitations last night! And I found some more school supplies while cleaning. This year is about budgeting what we need with what we can afford at the time. Some of the items on the supply lists were things that we already had, but the teachers also are asking for things like plastic forks and hand wipes. So, we purchased whatever our kids needed for their desks for now, and will donate money to the classroom fund for things as needed later this year.
I did back-to-school shopping yesterday for my DS and also the 3 that I take care of. All told, I spent about $120 just on school supplies!
I remember when back-to-school shopping meant new shoes, socks, and underwear!

Disnut

I did back-to-school shopping yesterday for my DS and also the 3 that I take care of. All told, I spent about $120 just on school supplies!

I bought school supples a couple of weeks ago and spent a good amount. I did have some left over from last yr.

I need to go for now. Working at the church I think this morning.

lunalovegoddess

We had one party when my daughter was about 8 or 9 where we invited each girl to bring their favorite CD (since we didn't have many at all). Well, they all brought things that my kids had never even heard of, and let's just say that some of the dance moves were pretty surprising..... :eek:

:lol: Thankfully, my CD collection is plentiful and an eclectic mix... I've got a little of something for everyone. For my birthday before we moved here, he bought me a 300 CD turntable, which just blows my mind. (I've had the same CD player for 15 years, and needed room for all of our combined CDs. This saves a lot of space.) I have a lot of blank CDs that I can burn on the computer so that I can create a DJ disc for the party.

Fantasmic!329

Oh, I'm just full of news this morning...

When we went to school for the meet the teachers night, we bumped into a few of their friends. In fact, one of Bree's best friends was originally going to be homeschooled this year, which would be quite tearworthy, but instead is in Bree's class this year!
Also, Aidan has a girl friend who sits across from him, so he's happy, too. They were worried that they wouldn't know anyone or that they'd be separated from their friends, but it's not so bad. There are about five teachers per grade, so chances are that some of the kids in their classes from the previous two years would be in their classes this year.

Plastic forks? :lookaroun

My mom called my High School to ask if they are sending a supply list, and they said that the teacher's give us a list on the first day. Great. My first weekend will be 4 and 1/3 of an inch binder shopping. (I swear -- they give us the most random binder sizes. I needed a 5 inch binder for 6th grade. Not graduate school, but 6th grade. :lol:)

Nemo14

Original Poster
Plastic forks? :lookaroun

My mom called my High School to ask if they are sending a supply list, and they said that the teacher's give us a list on the first day. Great. My first weekend will be 4 and 1/3 of an inch binder shopping. (I swear -- they give us the most random binder sizes. I needed a 5 inch binder for 6th grade. Not graduate school, but 6th grade. :lol:)
The youngest of my "other" 3 needs 2 Mighty Magnet Men. Never even heard of them!

Nemo14

Original Poster
She also needs a weird sized Space Saver storage case. Apparently I have nothing better to do than roam the stores on my day off!

lunalovegoddess

Same here! In fact, I haven't even done that for them.
The good news being that our families tend to give them clothing for their summer birthdays, so they are all set except for new shoes and haircuts.
The grandparents sent money for haircuts and shoes, so pretty much I can trim their hair for now and use it for whatever we need most. *besides, our son has informed me that he wants to have long hair. Which looks cute on him. He's simple: longer on top than in the back and parted to the side.*
*Bree's classic look is bangs with chest-length hair.*

Uponastar

I don't miss burners at all!!!!!!

Nor would I!
That was really disgusting.
Then add in the fact that, when I finished, I walked into the bathroom to wash up, and found the shower curtain left open and the tp roll empty!!!!!
The man is on my last nerve of the day and it's not even noon!!!!!!

Fantasmic!329

Where do you get them?

front.jpg

Front

back.jpg

Back

I got mine at Hammett's (which closed), but I would try Staples or your Dollar Store. Maybe even Circuit City. Or Office Depot.

EDIT: The clippies aren't really that big, my scanner enlarged it.

Nemo14

Original Poster
front.jpg

Front

back.jpg

Back

I got mine at Hammett's (which closed), but I would try Staples or your Dollar Store. Maybe even Circuit City. Or Office Depot.

EDIT: The clippies aren't really that big, my scanner enlarged it.
Thanks Freddie - I had no idea what they even looked like!
You'd think having been doing this for so long, I'd have heard of them at least!

Nemo14

Original Poster
Nor would I!
That was really disgusting.
Then add in the fact that, when I finished, I walked into the bathroom to wash up, and found the shower curtain left open and the tp roll empty!!!!!
The man is on my last nerve of the day and it's not even noon!!!!!!
I think we all need a ladies' night out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom