MJ's Family of Friends

Uponastar

Good morning Freddy and Betty!

Freddy, enjoy the beach!
Betty, sorry you're not feeling well! I had the same thing last weekend.

Disnut

Morning all. I am sooo tired nieghbors play hard rock music until 2 this morning.:fork: and I also had heartburn real bad. Long night.:mad:

lunalovegoddess

Thanks.

As usual, I have much on my mind and very little time to say it in. The kids wanted to go to the pool today, but already the air quality feels horrible. I don't know if we are heading out or not, although it's only about ten minutes walk from here. Normally that is a laughable distance, but today I seem to be having an asthma attack. Pretty rare since we moved down here, though.

The main reason why I don't feel like going outdoors right now is that the kids start school on Monday, and I feel like there's lots to do around here. Last night I tried to reorganize the living room, getting rid of clutter and trying to find a place for all of the books we have.
I need to buy three things: a bookcase, a ladder, and a rake.

The bookcases for all the movies and books that end up on the floor or in boxes. The ladder for checking the smoke detector which started beeping yesterday for no apparent reason. The rake for cleaning up the yard once I've finished trimming the grass.

Also, the kids want to have a sleepover, so I will need them to help me clean up and organize things. Over the summer I have been going through boxes and bins, and hanging up portraits. My goals have been to reduce clutter and to make the house feel like home. We are here to stay, and it's about time I concentrate on that fact. Bryan's working a strange shift next Sat. morning, so having the sleepover then would not really work out well. I'm thinking of having it closer to our daughter's birthday, actually.

Nemo14

Original Poster
Wow - I just caught up on this thread. Nibbs pics are so beautiful!

and her dress was absolutely perfect

and what's-hi-face - wow!!!!!!

Disnut

Good morning Susan!
Sorry you had such a bad night!

When they stopped the noise I was out for the count.:lol: but then DD got up early because they got to sleep in the living room because their room is closest to these people. Anyway they got up early and kept waking us up. No rest for the weary.:hammer:

Nemo14

Original Poster
Thanks.

As usual, I have much on my mind and very little time to say it in. The kids wanted to go to the pool today, but already the air quality feels horrible. I don't know if we are heading out or not, although it's only about ten minutes walk from here. Normally that is a laughable distance, but today I seem to be having an asthma attack. Pretty rare since we moved down here, though.

The main reason why I don't feel like going outdoors right now is that the kids start school on Monday, and I feel like there's lots to do around here. Last night I tried to reorganize the living room, getting rid of clutter and trying to find a place for all of the books we have.
I need to buy three things: a bookcase, a ladder, and a rake.

The bookcases for all the movies and books that end up on the floor or in boxes. The ladder for checking the smoke detector which started beeping yesterday for no apparent reason. The rake for cleaning up the yard once I've finished trimming the grass.

Also, the kids want to have a sleepover, so I will need them to help me clean up and organize things. Over the summer I have been going through boxes and bins, and hanging up portraits. My goals have been to reduce clutter and to make the house feel like home. We are here to stay, and it's about time I concentrate on that fact. Bryan's working a strange shift next Sat. morning, so having the sleepover then would not really work out well. I'm thinking of having it closer to our daughter's birthday, actually.
Sleepovers can be quite a challenge! How old are your kids Brenda?

Uponastar

Ummm. . .
George just dropped an entire raw egg down inside the burner on the stove top. :fork:
I'll be back after I clean up this mess.

lunalovegoddess

Morning all. I am sooo tired nieghbors play hard rock music until 2 this morning.:fork: and I also had heartburn real bad. Long night.:mad:

The past few nights, heartburn has been a real problem for me. Could not sleep well at all, waking up at 1:30am the previous night. Last night I drank some fizzy water at bedtime and put on a sleep mask to block out any light, determined to catch up on my beauty sleep. So, this morning it was pretty funny when Bryan went to kiss me goodbye, and I couldn't see him. Kinda forgot that I had on the mask. :eek: But, the good news is that it worked. I slept without waking once, and in the morning felt more or less normal.

Well, normal for me anyway... my sanity has always been debatable. :lol:

lunalovegoddess

Sleepovers can be quite a challenge! How old are your kids Brenda?

7 and 9, Betty.
This would be their first sleepover. With Bree's allergy, she hasn't been overnight without me much, as you probably could guess. And planning parties for restaurants and such are both expensive and prone to accidents with the cake... so this year I thought about doing a slumber party for the girls.
My plans are simple: I have fabric for making sleep masks and scrunchies. I want to buy non-food party favors like emery boards, slippers, and lip gloss. Watching DVDs in her room and giggling. Fun girly stuff... I was thinking of either having the girls make their own pizzas or ordering pizza from Pizza Hut since they offer cheeseless personal pizza for Bree.
Then, I thought, Aidan might feel left out, so I told him that he could invite a few friends over as well.

Our family room and living room are large enough to fit about four sleeping bags in each, but their rooms could fit three on the floor. We're aiming for three to four guests each, because more than that I don't think I could handle. :lol:

Nemo14

Original Poster
7 and 9, Betty.
This would be their first sleepover. With Bree's allergy, she hasn't been overnight without me much, as you probably could guess. And planning parties for restaurants and such are both expensive and prone to accidents with the cake... so this year I thought about doing a slumber party for the girls.
My plans are simple: I have fabric for making sleep masks and scrunchies. I want to buy non-food party favors like emery boards, slippers, and lip gloss. Watching DVDs in her room and giggling. Fun girly stuff... I was thinking of either having the girls make their own pizzas or ordering pizza from Pizza Hut since they offer cheeseless personal pizza for Bree.
Then, I thought, Aidan might feel left out, so I told him that he could invite a few friends over as well.

Our family room and living room are large enough to fit about four sleeping bags in each, but their rooms could fit three on the floor. We're aiming for three to four guests each, because more than that I don't think I could handle. :lol:
I hosted quite a few when my daughter was young, and I would strongly advise you to keep it small - 3 or 4 guests each max. Girls particularly at that age can get so emotional - it always seemed like someone ended up in tears before the night was over. Sounds like you have some good plans to keep them occupied.

lunalovegoddess

I hosted quite a few when my daughter was young, and I would strongly advise you to keep it small - 3 or 4 guests each max. Girls particularly at that age can get so emotional - it always seemed like someone ended up in tears before the night was over. Sounds like you have some good plans to keep them occupied.

Yeah; part of me was thinking that maybe the girls could actually use the fabric to make some simple keepsake pillows or schruncies themselves, so that they would remember doing the crafts with Bree and Aidan. We really have not had many birthday parties for the kids, mainly due to moving a few times. They are really good friends with each other, though, so they are not as lonely as they might have been.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom