MJ's Family of Friends

Uponastar

DisneyBunny said:
No, thank goodness. I'm too much of a control freak for that. Luckily the storm blew by and took most of the humidity with it. It was a picture perfect July day. Everyone said how lucky we were.

We had picture perfect October day!
Hope Nibbs has a beautiful day!

Nemo14

Original Poster
Uponastar said:
We had picture perfect October day!
Hope Nibbs has a beautiful day!
I always wanted a fall wedding, but marrying a teacher kind of eliminated that possibility. I still had a long-sleeve dress though - :lol:

DisneyBunny

Nemo14 said:
I always wanted a fall wedding, but marrying a teacher kind of eliminated that possibility. I still had a long-sleeve dress though - :lol:

You show them! I never believed in all of that wedding ettiquite nonsense. Like how the guys weren't supposed to be in tuxes until after 6... pish posh.

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:

That must have been a bit sticky in 97 degrees! :lol:

Nemo14

Original Poster
DisneyBunny said:
You show them! I never believed in all of that wedding ettiquite nonsense. Like how the guys weren't supposed to be in tuxes until after 6... pish posh.
yeah we broke that rule too....

Uponastar

DisneyBunny said:
So did we. It seemed silly to follow the rules - Marc would have gotten married in a nice suit. Um... no. I wanted him in a tux!

I didn't even know of that rule! :lol:
At all the afternoon weddings I've been to, the groom wore a tux.
I say. . It's your wedding, do what you want!
Anyone who's offended can just go home!

DisneyBunny

Uponastar said:
I didn't even know of that rule! :lol:
At all the afternoon weddings I've been to, the groom wore a tux.
I say. . It's your wedding, do what you want!
Anyone who's offended can just go home!

Speaking of weddings... I just got my Honeymoon video uploaded to my blog. It took me FOREVER to edit and upload but I think it works.

:sohappy:

Uponastar

DisneyBunny said:
Speaking of weddings... I just got my Honeymoon video uploaded to my blog. It took me FOREVER to edit and upload but I think it works.

:sohappy:

Yay!
Could you direct us there again?
I'd love to see your wedding again, too!

Nemo14

Original Poster
Uponastar said:
I know what you mean.
I sort of went into auto-pilot!
Was this really happening to me? :lol:
I had had "emergency" surgery 3 weeks before the wedding, and all the planning, showers, etc went into a tailspin after that. We bought our house the day I was released from the hospital, and I had planned to move in then. However, DH wouldn't hear of it since the phone company was on strike, so we couldn't get phone service there if I needed help or anything. So I had to stay at my sister's for a week 'til they could rig up a phone for me. Then dave and his brother unpacked all my things from my apartment (I had packed them before my surgery) and put things away (I've yet to find some of the - 23 years later!). Both my showers were supposed to be surprises, but my mother insisted that they tell me, in case I felt too weak to go. It was just an awful 3 weeks, but worth it now....

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
I had had "emergency" surgery 3 weeks before the wedding, and all the planning, showers, etc went into a tailspin after that. We bought our house the day I was released from the hospital, and I had planned to move in then. However, DH wouldn't hear of it since the phone company was on strike, so we couldn't get phone service there if I needed help or anything. So I had to stay at my sister's for a week 'til they could rig up a phone for me. Then dave and his brother unpacked all my things from my apartment (I had packed them before my surgery) and put things away (I've yet to find some of the - 23 years later!). Both my showers were supposed to be surprises, but my mother insisted that they tell me, in case I felt too weak to go. It was just an awful 3 weeks, but worth it now....

:eek:
Your wedding day itself must have been a breeze after all that!

DisneyBunny

Nemo14 said:

Wow. So much to deal with. But I'm glad it worked out in the end! How many years has it been.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom