Mj 2.0!

Pongo

Uponastar said:
There was a thread a few months back where peopled posted what they were reading.
I recommended the Jasper Fforde series featuring Thursday Next.
For anyone with a love of the language and of English literature, these are a must! What fun!

:lol:

I think I started that thread!

DisneyBunny

Uponastar said:
There was a thread a few months back where peopled posted what they were reading.
For anyone with a love of the language and of English literature, these are a must! What fun!

What are they about? And is it Forde? I'm going to do a search online.

DisneyBunny

MommytoMJM said:
I almost always like the books better than the movies. :D Neverending Story is no exception.

Just about the only film I like just as much as the book is Gone With the Wind. The film had so much surrounding its making, and the history of Hollywood that it embodies makes it stand alone in my mind.

Also, that's the reason I haven't been rushing out to see the Harry Potter films. My mind makes better pictures.

Goodness, don't we all sound like an after-school special. Reading is Fun!

Pongo

MommytoMJM said:
I almost always like the books better than the movies. :D Neverending Story is no exception.

I agree. Especially in the case of Harry Potter. The book was WAY better. The movie was okay... but didn't really compare.

The only case I've come across where the opposite was true is Jurassic Park. I HATED that book. From beginning to end. I guess I'm not a real big fan of Michael Crichton.

Anyway. Bye for real.

tigsmom

Uponastar said:

We may have to revive that thread!

DisneyBunny

Pongo said:
I agree. Especially in the case of Harry Potter. The book was WAY better. The movie was okay... but didn't really compare.

The only case I've come across where the opposite was true is Jurassic Park. I HATED that book. From beginning to end. I guess I'm not a real big fan of Michael Crichton.

Anyway. Bye for real.

Oh, and I remembered one film I prefer hands down over the book. Logan's Run. If you want to see a campy 70's sci-fi flick about the anxiety of Baby-boomers and their distrust about anyone over 30, it's a great film. The book, OTOH, is almost unreadable and follows no real discernable plot.

I agree! Let's rev up the book thread! Or start a reading circle.

Uponastar

Pongo said:

Anyway. Bye for real.

I like the HP movies, but the books are so much better, there is simply no comparison!

Uponastar

DisneyBunny said:
What are they about? And is it Forde? I'm going to do a search online.

It is actually Fforde. (2 f's)
It's about a world where language and literature are the center of all things, in the most amusing, charming way.
The books are loaded with grammatical puns. And characters from literary classics.

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
DisneyBunny said:
Oh, and I remembered one film I prefer hands down over the book. Logan's Run. If you want to see a campy 70's sci-fi flick about the anxiety of Baby-boomers and their distrust about anyone over 30, it's a great film. The book, OTOH, is almost unreadable and follows no real discernable plot.

I agree! Let's rev up the book thread! Or start a reading circle.

I've read that. I am a sci fi/fantasy geek (among other things)

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Uponastar said:
I like the HP movies, but the books are so much better, there is simply no comparison!

I had to think of HP and LOTR books and movies as seperate entities. I love both the books and the movies, but can't do a comparison or I will go nutty!

Fantasmic!329

Got my Mid-Marking Period Progress Report Cards today:

Language Arts- 91
Math- 95
Science- 88
Social Studies- 93
Careers- Pass
Gym- 100 (this idiot writes the comments "Average effort" and "Lack of interest and effort", yet gives me a 100. :hammer: )
Health- 97
Spanish- 98

*juggles*

DisneyBunny

MommytoMJM said:
I had to think of HP and LOTR books and movies as seperate entities. I love both the books and the movies, but can't do a comparison or I will go nutty!

Agreed! It bugs though, to have loved the books long prior to the films, and to have people accuse you of liking it just because of Orlando Bloom. Oh well, I love me some sci-fi/fantasy. :D I'm thinking about wrapping my head around the Silmarillian when I have time, ever read it?

MommytoMJM said:

Do explain...:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom