Mj 2.0!

Uponastar

DisneyBunny said:
I love my local library... I'm a dork at heart, but I just love the smell of books.

Sounds just like me!
I'd rather go to a library or bookstore than a shopping mall anytime!
Books are my passion and have been for as long as I can remember!

Uponastar

DisneyBunny said:
I guess you're right. It just gets under my skin sometimes. I try to stay out of trouble because of just that - everything is open for interpretation. Lesson learned! I'm keeping my mouth shut next time. :eek:

(Thank goodness for those smileys. I can only imagine the flame wars there would be around here if it weren't for them)

I'm better now. :animwink:

(hugs) :)
Don't quit posting though!
You have as much right to your opinions as anyone else!

tigsmom

Uponastar said:
Try not to let it bother you, Bunny.
I have gotten some unexpectedly rude replies to my posts in the past and I know how you feel. Just try to remember that, because only your written word is presented in posts, your meaning is up for interpretation. Your character, mood and evern a simple thing like inflection can be completely misconstrued. If someone is looking for negatives, they'll find them.

I'm going to agree. If you have read any of the other threads he has started (and I've answered most of them) he yells at everyone even when you answer the question point blank and link him to everything he needs. I've decided not to answer any more of his questions.

Pongo

Helloooooooo Again.

I also love libraries. And Barnes and Noble. I often go to Barnes and Noble when I get bored. It's a fun little place.

tigsmom

Pongo said:
Helloooooooo Again.

I also love libraries. And Barnes and Noble. I often go to Barnes and Noble when I get bored. It's a fun little place.

Barnes & Noble or Borders is a must stop at every mall trip. I worked in a bookstore for 2 years and it was great! Of course I rarely brough home a full paycheck, but we have some library now! :sohappy:

And both of my kid's reading levels are off the charts!

Uponastar

Pongo said:
Helloooooooo Again.

I adore Barnes and Noble!
I can grab a book find a comfy seat and read to my heart's content!
We go often. Usually every Friday.
Books are expensive, so I don't always buy one, but I make lists of books I would like to read and see if I can get them at the library, or wait for them to come out in paperback.
A giftcard to B&N is the best gift I can receive!

Pongo

tigsmom said:
Barnes & Noble or Borders is a must stop at every mall trip. I worked in a bookstore for 2 years and it was great! Of course I rarely brough home a full paycheck, but we have some library now! :sohappy:

I think it would be really fun to work in a bookstore, but I think you have to be 18 around these parts in order to do so.

DisneyBunny

Ooooh. How exciting. This is the first time I've been posting when other people are on. :D

As for libraries, one day when I get millions and millions of dollars I'm building a house with a two story library, complete with one of those ladders on wheels, and a spiral staircase. Not that I'd ever use it, but it just looks so cool in all the movies.

They opened up a big bookstore right around the corner from us, and it's taken a lot of willpower not to blow the bank there. How else, could we afford our Disney trips?

Uponastar

tigsmom said:

That is such a gift you gave them.
I did the same with mine.
If you can read, you can learn anything!

Pongo

Uponastar said:
I adore Barnes and Noble!
I can grab a book find a comfy seat and read to my heart's content!
We go often. Usually every Friday.
Books are expensive, so I don't always buy one, but I make lists of books I would like to read and see if I can get them at the library, or wait for them to come out in paperback.
A giftcard to B&N is the best gift I can receive!

Whenever I'm wandering around B&N I always start to kick myself for not bringing a pen and paper. I always find a ton of books that look so good but I don't have the cash to buy.

Uponastar

MommytoMJM said:

I guess we're all a bunch of eggheads on here!
That's why we get along so well.
I don't tolerate one-dimensional people very well.
I don't mean that everyone has to be a genius (God knows I'm far from that!).
But at least be interested in the world around you!

DisneyBunny

Reading to me was one of the best things my mom did for me. She's a kindergarten teacher, so it wasn't a surprise when I learned to read at 4! Since then, some of my best friends have been in books.

And if anyone's looking for a good read, may I reccomend The Neverending Story. I loved that film when I was small, but never knew until recently that it was based on a book. It's so good it makes the hair on the back of your neck raise, and I got tingles from certain parts. Oh, and get the hardcover version, if you can, it's printed in 2 colors!

Uponastar

Pongo said:
Whenever I'm wandering around B&N I always start to kick myself for not bringing a pen and paper. I always find a ton of books that look so good but I don't have the cash to buy.

Yup! And then I'd come back ready to buy for a change, and I couldn't remember any of those books! :lol:

I started going on B&N's website regularly too!
I make lists from there as well.

Uponastar

DisneyBunny said:
Reading to me was one of the best things my mom did for me. She's a kindergarten teacher, so it wasn't a surprise when I learned to read at 4! Since then, some of my best friends have been in books.

And if anyone's looking for a good read, may I reccomend The Neverending Story. I loved that film when I was small, but never knew until recently that it was based on a book. It's so good it makes the hair on the back of your neck raise, and I got tingles from certain parts. Oh, and get the hardcover version, if you can, it's printed in 2 colors!

Really?
I'll have to give it a go!

DisneyBunny

It's such a good read, if you don't mind that it's technically a "young adult" book. If I had read it when I was younger, I would have had all kinds of fantasies about being sucked into books.

I borrowed it from the library, and immediatley put it on my Christmas list. Now I've got my own copy. In fact, I think I'll re-read it again this weekend. Gotta love escapism!

Pongo

Speaking of books, I have to go crack open my Biology book. I may (or may not) decide to take the Biology test tonight. It all depends on if I can figure out photosynthesis and cellular respiration.

:hurl:

See ya :wave:

Uponastar

There was a thread a few months back where peopled posted what they were reading.
I recommended the Jasper Fforde series featuring Thursday Next.
For anyone with a love of the language and of English literature, these are a must! What fun!

Uponastar

Pongo said:
Speaking of books, I have to go crack open my Biology book. I may (or may not) decide to take the Biology test tonight. It all depends on if I can figure out photosynthesis and cellular respiration.

:hurl:

See ya :wave:

Bye Luke!

EDIT: Good luck if you decide to go for it!

DisneyBunny

Ooh! I was good at Bio, in my day... Let's see... There's a light cycle and a dark cycle, and... umm... light is good. Green is good. They give us oxygen. That's about all I can do to help at this point! So much for my education. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom