Mission:Space update (confirmed)

djkidkaz

I still think this will be a challenge to get across to folks that Mission Space is ok to ride now. As others have stated most people just hear all the drama surrounding the ride or remember feeling sick on it and just avoid it.

They need to plaster it on the front of guide maps with something saying Family Version or something, lol.

matt9112

that hints seems to indicate plans to replace everything inside the building exist @marni1971

side note is the larger single track space mountain (IN CALI) able to physically fit inside the Florida structure or?
how different are the building shells?

Biff215

I still think this will be a challenge to get across to folks that Mission Space is ok to ride now. As others have stated most people just hear all the drama surrounding the ride or remember feeling sick on it and just avoid it.

They need to plaster it on the front of guide maps with something saying Family Version or something, lol.
I'm not sure how much a new green mission will actually make it any more "family friendly" than it was before. I really don't see the height requirement changing due to the restraints, and green already didn't spin. Sure they'd like to distance themselves from this ride's past, but I doubt it will be much more than psychological.

I think a majority of guests who bypass MS do so because of the enclosed space and simulator aspects. Those aren't changing so similar warnings will need to continue that ultimately scare some away.

*Q*

I wonder if Space is delayed until October if there's any chance that will give Energy a stay of execution.

Uncle Lupe

With all indications pointing to an August reopening I'll have to keep checking for Fastpass+ option to go live.

Also full SM gut confirmed. ;)

rreading

I'm cautiously optimistic but as we've learnt, nothing is sacred.

I suspect time will tell with this one; if SM continues to have essentially the same demand alongside the new wonder, then one could assume that the consumers still value it. If it were to become a walk-on, then I'd be worried...(but I'll be happy as I'll be the one walking on again and again - which is why I'm not worried: I'm sure I'm not alone in this).

The setup of a roller coaster into space is a great concept, and it is a fun, zippy coaster. I expect to enjoy the difference between it and the monster head rush next door.

Princess Leia

Mission: Space is one that all of my family but my dad has avoided. He did the Orange side and was pretty impressed with how Disney simulated space travel.

When I go in the fall, I'm thinking of hitting up the new and improved Green side, because I used to have some minor heart problems as a kid and don't really want to risk it. I'll probably wait to hear from one of my friends/travel buddies about the intensity of the Orange.

Anywho, knowing that Green is being changed is the reason I'm going to even bother with the ride at all. If it kept the old graphics, I probably would have skipped it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom