Mission:Space update (confirmed)

misterID

Couldn't they not be able to do that because there are four people in the module. Which joystick or button press would activate a specific subject. Seems like everyone wants the impossible, which as we all know, takes a little longer to become reality.
Have you been on it? There's only one joystick and a single button (job) for each seat. One seat has one responsibility. Not everyone gets to use the joystick. I typically get to put us in hypersleep...or, I just push a button that doesn't do anything.

peter11435

Have you been on it? There's only one joystick and a single button (job) for each seat. One seat has one responsibility. Not everyone gets to use the joystick. I typically get to put us in hypersleep...or, I just push a button that doesn't do anything.
Each seat has two responsibilities. If you were the engineer and had to initiate hypersleep you would also have extended the wings for gliding.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

I don't think it specifies who can use the joystick per se...only that one person is in charge of enabling manual flight...it's kind of a grey area.

Anyway, I think it's feasible to delegate tasks in the same way as now, but just have actual changes to the ride for some of them

misterID

I don't think it specifies who can use the joystick per se...only that one person is in charge of enabling manual flight...it's kind of a grey area.

Anyway, I think it's feasible to delegate tasks in the same way as now, but just have actual changes to the ride for some of them
A pilot or captain is chosen before you get on. Really, I don't see how an interactive joystick would work because people would want to deliberately crash the craft and mess up the story, unless they took away control of the craft and put it on auto pilot, which defeats the purpose. Like someone doesn't activate the hyper sleep, it'll do it anyway. The only thing I can think of to make it interactive is possibly flying through an asteroid field or just selecting your destination... You know, like HORIZONS used to.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
During the crash on Mars sequence, everybody is told to grab their joysticks and help steer the craft.

ppete1975

well its mission space we could go to tatooine asgard naboo dantooine coruscant........ some guardians of the galaxy planet....
but Disney would never do that..............

Goofyernmost

Of course I've been on it, numerous times. But, what you are advocating is a different experience for every one of the four people in the module? Am I reading that right? If so, all I can say is don't ever hold your breath waiting for that in your lifetime. That would make no sense at all and speaking of senses all dialog would have to be either given separately via headphones or none at all. Don't think that would work and even if it did, it doesn't sound like fun. Since it is a movie and not real life, you will still have to take direction from someone and what you do will have absolutely no impact on anything at all. It will, like now, be allegedly computer overridden.

Figment Newton

wdwthemeparks.com is a great site for following the timelines of important rumors and when certain details came about. I personally recommend it as a quick overview of news and rumors found across the internet, including WDWMagic.com. Of course, not as detailed as info here, but good place to look if behind on the rumor timelines.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Of course I've been on it, numerous times. But, what you are advocating is a different experience for every one of the four people in the module? Am I reading that right? If so, all I can say is don't ever hold your breath waiting for that in your lifetime. That would make no sense at all and speaking of senses all dialog would have to be either given separately via headphones or none at all. Don't think that would work and even if it did, it doesn't sound like fun. Since it is a movie and not real life, you will still have to take direction from someone and what you do will have absolutely no impact on anything at all. It will, like now, be allegedly computer overridden.

For some reason I'm getting a "Star Trek: Bridge Crew" idea in my head (the new VR Experience for those who don't know). Everyone gets a part of the mission, but everyone hears all dialogue.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
wdwthemeparks.com is a great site for following the timelines of important rumors and when certain details came about. I personally recommend it as a quick overview of news and rumors found across the internet, including WDWMagic.com. Of course, not as detailed as info here, but good place to look if behind on the rumor timelines.

My rumor and timeline thread has multiple links to wdwthemparks.com

Figment Newton

My rumor and timeline thread has multiple links to wdwthemparks.com
I know, that's what made me think about it. Your timeline is very informative and unlike wdwthemeparks.com is accessible all from one page. Thanks for all of this information, there have been several times where I needed to catch up on what everyone was talking about and this timeline is a great way to so! ☺

RSoxNo1

I know, that's what made me think about it. Your timeline is very informative and unlike wdwthemeparks.com is accessible all from one page. Thanks for all of this information, there have been several times where I needed to catch up on what everyone was talking about and this timeline is a great way to so! ☺
There are many ways to view them on my site "in one place"
http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/rumors
http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/details/magic-kingdom/rumors
http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/details/epcot/rumors
http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/details/disneys-hollywood-studios/rumors
http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/details/animal-kingdom/rumors
http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/details/disney-springs/rumors

matt9112

Which is funny as they opened their own Space Shuttle experience ride around the same time....I rode that once, didn't get nausea, but it REALLY shakes you a lot for a while...not the most comfortable experience but probably accurate.

that ride is crap....zero g forces....no real simulation its just shaking....at an angle.

Indianajonze

i like mission space quite a bit...

anyway, what if the rumors of an update are just rumors and the real reason for the lengthy refurb is to address the alleged very serious sinkhole issue in that part of the park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom