Mission:Space update (confirmed)

GCTales

I am offended that no one is offended with all the agreement and disagreement... there should be complete disharmonious harmony!!! </grin>

Castle Cake Apologist

Either get it or let it go! Thanks Capt. Obvious!

I still don't think you understand what @lazyboy97o is saying. At no point in the storyline of MS are you supposed to have actually gone to Mars. The story of the attraction is that you're in a training facility and you are simply training for a trip to the red planet. The entire thing is SUPPOSED to be a simulation, not reality.

You're acting like there's some plot hole where they don't bring you back, but there was nowhere to bring you back from. Within the context and story of the attraction, you never left Earth or even the building you started in.

Goofyernmost

I still don't think you understand what @lazyboy97o is saying. At no point in the storyline of MS are you supposed to have actually gone to Mars. The story of the attraction is that you're in a training facility and you are simply training for a trip to the red planet. The entire thing is SUPPOSED to be a simulation, not reality.

You're acting like there's some plot hole where they don't bring you back, but there was nowhere to bring you back from. Within the context and story of the attraction, you never left Earth or even the building you started in.
I understand completely the point he is trying to make. All I said was that to have it end on Mars and not return felt odd. What is so difficult about that. I didn't say it should or shouldn't have, I said it did and was noticeable to me. I know it's part of the story line, I know that there is nothing wrong with it being that way, I just expressed a personal observation and opinion, not a criticism. Can we please let this stupid discussion end. Thank you!
This is what I said... then foolishly tried to explain why it seemed to feel weird to me.
That part I do indeed agree with. Every other ride brings you back home to a safe place. That one leaves you on Mars. Just seems odd. I know I once left M:S and walked over to Imagination only to see them putting up the "closed for the night" ropes. I told them that I had to be able to get on, because due to a Disney error I just had to walk back from Mars. If they had found a way to get me home I would have been here on time. They seemed unmoved by my argument. Talk about your bad show.
Yes, I know it actually leaves you in the simulator after the training session. I just said how it feels, that is all.

Ralphlaw

I think it would be better to suspend belief for a bit by having the planetary landscape outside the "windows" along the exit tunnels of the planet you just landed at. Make it a real trip instead of a simulation. Changing the story line in that way should be easy. Star Tours does a good job of leading through a gift shop that has the feel of the Star Wars universe. Pirates and Tower of Terror are similarly good. MS could easily do the same thing, and also change the "windows" to reflect the different scenarios.

There's that one bar on the Fantasy and Dream which changes city scapes every 12 minutes. MS could do the same with different planets/moons/asteroids that you land on. Again, changing the destination ala Star Tours would potentially make MS a great attraction. Plussing the aftershow along those lines would be a very cool and doable addition to the overall experience. It certainly beats long drab hallways.

matt9112

Right now, the only things off the Futureworld radar are Soarin' and Test Track. Pretty much everything else is due to receive varying degrees of attention in the next 6-7 years.

What about the "land" building interior? The sparing entry seems to clash with a clearly outdated (color wise) interior.

cynic710

I always thought that Mission Space had an opportunity to become a Wall-E attraction. I think the building could represent the Axiom and the intent of the ride could be following eve and wallE back out into space to continue the rebuilding efforts we last witnessed in the movie.

rushtest4echo

I always thought that Mission Space had an opportunity to become a Wall-E attraction. I think the building could represent the Axiom and the intent of the ride could be following eve and wallE back out into space to continue the rebuilding efforts we last witnessed in the movie.

The land's theater may be a better fit. Maybe replace that awful Circle of Life film with a conservation film starring Wall-E and Eve? Then they could probably work that same film in to Studios Paris and DCA's theaters too.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Which would give the same problem SGE has - the target demographic is unsuitable for the environment.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Mongo only pawn...in game of life.
Everybody get back on topic, or the sheriff gets it!
gets_it.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom