Mission: SPACE testing a "no G Force" version of the experience

Tim G

DisneyJill said:
I think offering a tamed down alternative also offers a way for Disney to cover their arses in the event that a tragedy occurs. If there was another incident on the wilder version, this allows them a bit of an out...by offering an alternative that riders can choose themselves. By choosing the wilder version, this puts much more blame and responsibility on the rider. Or the riders parents, or whatever the case may be. Please don't take this the wrong way, I am NOT saying this is the ONLY reason Disney would offer this. Just another angle that no one had mentioned. I think it's a great alternative-maybe now my previously terrified mother will ride and see what a great attraction it is.
Well I think you're absolutely right...
That's exactly the reason... the only reason

WDWFREAK53

wdwmagic said:
I wasnt thinking of this "no G" version as fix for people riding with medical conditions and then suffering ill effects. I am looking at this as a way for people who are afraid, or find the regular version too intense, to still be able to enjoy at least part of the attraction.

Bingo, you said it...this actually may get my mother to walk through the big red sphere...FINALLY.

I can see the pros and cons of it...but the pros are definitely outweighing the cons the more I think about it. (Especially if these pods have the ability to move in all directions...and, by the ride system, it's probably a lot smoother than Star Tours which primarily uses hydraulics in an up and down fashion.)

Captain Chaos

SirGoofy said:
When I first saw this I thought it was a great idea...

But the I thought about how this will extend wait times on one of the most popular attractions. If they could do it without affecting wait times, I would have no problem with it.

yea. there may actually BE wait times LOL

hokielutz

Hey... if they can get this done before the end of june... There will be one less attraction that my parents will choose to sit outside of while my wife, lil bro, and I ride.

Timmay

hokielutz said:
Hey... if they can get this done before the end of june... There will be one less attraction that my parents will choose to sit outside of while my wife, lil bro, and I ride.

But what difference will that really make...they will still not be riding with you.

hokielutz

Timmay said:
But what difference will that really make...they will still not be riding with you.

Its kinda difficult to fit five into one capsule. But I do agree it will be less fun separately. But I will cherish the attractions we will be able to share as a family.... like El Rio De Tiempo! :lol: nah... I predict fun times together on Splash, TT, Soarin, Safari, and many others. Maybe EE??? :veryconfu

EpcotMark

dxwwf3 said:
We'll have to wait and see how this works out. I have a feeling that people riding the ride without the g-forces will say "That's nothing!" and they will either be very disapointed or they will then feel more confident in trying the real thing and that could be a bad thing for some people (Of course, it could also help get people who would end up enjoying the real attraction that otherwise would have been too scared)

I agree, people will feel disappointed and wish they had done the real thing. I dont understand how the quere would work either. Plus, this will imply to all the world that there IS something wrong with the ride. Which there isnt, it just needs better warnings, particularly in foreign languages. Both fatalities were of foreigners. One German, one child immigrant. More warnings in other languages. Duhh!

Tim G

EpcotMark said:
I agree, people will feel disappointed and wish they had done the real thing. I dont understand how the quere would work either. Plus, this will imply to all the world that there IS something wrong with the ride. Which there isnt, it just needs better warnings, particularly in foreign languages. Both fatalities were of foreigners. One German, one child immigrant. More warnings in other languages. Duhh!
Guests have to learn to READ... :mad:

Tim G

dxer07002 said:
Please don't tell me we are going to start blaming the guests again?? :mad:
YES!!! They have to learn to read the warning signs...:(

Missing Kryssa??? Snap out of it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CaptainMichael

dxer07002 said:
Please don't tell me we are going to start blaming the guests again?? :mad:
Who else can you blame? The ride is safe, and that is a fact. Otherwise, it would not be in operation right now. Disney cannot hold your hand all day while you are in their park.

Captain Chaos

STR8FAN2005 said:
Who else can you blame? The ride is safe, and that is a fact. Otherwise, it would not be in operation right now. Disney cannot hold your hand all day while you are in their park.

i was just hoping we were beyond that now.... We had that discussion last month.... :)

WDW Kip

I personally think it's a fine idea to offer a toned down version of the ride. Mission: Space has got a ton of bad press lately, and very low attendance on the attraction. I think if they do offer a no G-force version, then more people will give the ride a chance, and then might ride again to get the full experience if they wish. It just makes more sense.

Also, now a whole family could experience the no G-force version with children that might be too young for the full experience. I think it's a smart move.

lewisc

Corrus said:
YES!!! They have to learn to read the warning signs...:(

Missing Kryssa??? Snap out of it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I must be missing something. Wasn't at least one of the deaths caused by an undiagnosed medical condition? How would reading the signs have helped?
:hammer:

Disney has to decide if the liability from guests with undiagnosed condition or mild medical problems getting sick or dying is significant. Although I suspect Disney is ok it's kind of rude to blame guests not reading the signs for all of the issues.

Captain Chaos

Instead of AE and Stitch, how about changing the transporter to a fish tank and theme it to Nemo???? That way, MGM would be the only park not to have Nemo in it.

totodog

Why stop at just making a tamer ride in one centrifuge? Why not offer a different mission per centrifuge? Or even give it random missions, just like TOT randomness. That would certainly make the ride more re-ridable. and yes of course I'll fund the R&D on that one. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom