Mini-meet in May!!!!!!

DDuckFan130

wannabeBelle said:
these were the set times and location that I had gotten from one of the band members themselves and it was specifically for the month of May. Of course this was back in Mid April so the locations and stuff were subject to change. One of the things I specifically wanted to do is to go see this band again so I had inquired, and that was the information given to me. As I said before you should definitely inquire at Guest Relations on the day of, just because I have seen or heard of them playing at so far three locations, New York Street, Over by the Ewok Village by Star Tours and by Rock & Roller Coaster!!! Also set times I would imagine are ceratinly subject to change as well. I have yet to see these guys on a printed schedule though which is pretty terrible!!! I had given the same information I posted here to Steve Soares to place on his website for information purposes as well. Also inquirig about this band at Guest relations kinda sends the message to keep them around & that people enjoy them!!!! so an inquiry works on all kinds of levels!!!! I really dug the band though, very talented guys, a very fun stage act to watch and of course some good old fashioned Rock & Roll!!!! Definitely one of my Must Dos!!! Hope to see you there!!! Belle
Thanks!

We're going Memorial Day weekend (hopefully) and we have a whole day for MGM (including EMH) so I'd like to see them if I can. I also remember seeing them in front of Star Tours, but I'll definitely ask.

Slipknot

Hey, wannabeBelle, I found those name tags you asked about. I still don't know if I'm coming in on Saturday or Sunday, but I'll know by early Thursday. Just look for a dark t-shirt with a stormtrooper helmet and crossbones.

wannabeBelle

Groovy Slade!!! Ill be there. I Am staying at PO Riverside so Ill be coming in on Saturday but I wouldnt expect me on the property much before 3:30-4pm. I Am heading over to MK for a bit after that, then off to Dinner with Cinderella at 1900 Park Faire. Probably back to MK after that for Wishes, Spectro etc whatever happens to be going on. Early to bed for me as I Am getting up VERY early the following mornig to make the 8:30 am meet with Master Yoda. Just shoot me an E mail or a PM rearding your plans. The last time I will be checking either one will be most likely Saturday morning before I leave. After that I will probably be a bit incommnicado until the actual Meet!!!
Hey DDuckfan I am glad I was able to help!!! By the way their normal days off are every Wednesday & Thursday so you wont catch them then. These guys are awesome and we need to support them so that Disney will keep them playing at the Studios!!! Between these guys and their schedule and Off Kilter and that schedule I have an amazing band to go to see on any given day in Disney!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! Belle

BwanaBob

wannabeBelle said:
Not as in a coordinated event, no. We tried that last December and the 50's Prime Time kinda had us all scattered all over the restaurant. Not even vaguely close to one another!!!! It was a mess. The food and service as always was stellar. Our server ( Mine and Pam of Kingdom Konsultants) even made a comment or two about the situation that was quite funny. The event the year before was a dessert party held on a private patio overlooking the Fantasmic! arena which was amazing but that would take a bit more time to plan that the month or so that we have. It also ran about $30.00 per person which was a bit steep for some people. I wouldnt be adverse to helping to plan for another meet later in the year like July, October or December. Anyone interested?? Belle
We had a rather successful Meet last year in July if anyone recalls. Over 30 members and family attended. Takes about a month to plan and get $$ situated. (MK on day one...Epcot and Illuminations private viewing on day 2... )

Checking schedule if I'll be available.... TBA

wannabeBelle

BwanaBob said:
We had a rather successful Meet last year in July if anyone recalls. Over 30 members and family attended. Takes about a month to plan and get $$ situated. (MK on day one...Epcot and Illuminations private viewing on day 2... )

Checking schedule if I'll be available.... TBA
Reminder for everyone that the Mini Meet is THIS Sunday!!!!!! Once again I will be at the front gate with Master Yoda at 8:30 am and again at the Backlot Express across the way from Star Tours ( By the At-At) at 1pm. I will be wearing a Navy WDWMagic T shirt and Khaki shorts. Please come on out and say hello!!! Belle

wannabeBelle

Hey didnt we do that in December??? Not a bad idea though as they dont do pics on Star Tours although I will have the digital with me!!!!!!!! Maybe if we have enough people we can take over a whole speeder and I and Thimblekisses can get a whole bunch of pics??? It is a thought...... Hope to see all of you guys Sunday!!!!! and May The Force be with You!!!!!!!!!! Belle

wannabeBelle

Number_6 said:
My family and I shall endeavor to be there.
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! OK guys this is pretty much it. I will not have access to my computer after this so I hope all of you can make it!!! Have a great weekend and I hope to see you all Sunday!!!!!!!!! Belle

Number_6

Well, unfortunately, even though we all got up early, it still took a little longer than I would have liked to get my wife and daughter ready. My son and I were ready to go by 7:15AM, but we didn't get out the door until after 8:00. We got to The Studios by 9AM, but by then we didn't see anyone from here so we walked around a bit. Then my son really wanted to see LMA and that was at 1:00 so we couldn't meet up with the second group. Oh, well. Maybe next time.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello all! The mini meet went very well Sunday. In attendance were Master Yoda and family, wannabebelle plus friend, PhotoDave, JPVonDrake, Slade, TK421-sw, and Thimblekisses. Here are a couple of pictures from the meet. (Not in pictures Slade, TK421-sw and Thimblekisses)

Attachments

• IMG005.JPG
    IMG005.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG021.JPG
    IMG021.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 108

tk421-sw

Master Yoda said:
(Not in pictures Slade, TK421-sw and Thimblekisses)

Sadley! :cry:

But I will be posting some video and our pics soon! I have soo much video work to do, *(paying) that I hope I can get it on soon. Thanks soo much and we must do it again. (I got some awsome "Mulch Sweat" video! Can't waite to show you!)

Thanks from both of us!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
tk421-sw said:
Sadley! :cry:

But I will be posting some video and our pics soon! I have soo much video work to do, *(paying) that I hope I can get it on soon. Thanks soo much and we must do it again. (I got some awsome "Mulch Sweat" video! Can't waite to show you!)

Thanks from both of us!
Sorry about that. My wife was taking the pictures that day and kind of ran out of steam about noon. She burned through three rolls before lunch and used less than half a roll afterward.

wannabeBelle

Hey Guys!!!! I Am home!!!!! Back in cold NYC!!!!!!! The Mini Meet was awesome!!!! I am so sorry I didnt get a chance to say good bye to Thimblekisses and TK421 & group!!!! I do have a great shot of you guys BTW waiting in the Star Tours hallway!!! Awesome finally meeting you. I look foward to the MSS video!!!!!! Sorry to all who tried to make it up but as Photo Dave says the Empire Waits for no one!!!!! Belle

cherrynegra

wannabeBelle said:
Hey Guys!!!! I Am home!!!!! Back in cold NYC!!!!!!! The Mini Meet was awesome!!!! I am so sorry I didnt get a chance to say good bye to Thimblekisses and TK421 & group!!!! I do have a great shot of you guys BTW waiting in the Star Tours hallway!!! Awesome finally meeting you. I look foward to the MSS video!!!!!! Sorry to all who tried to make it up but as Photo Dave says the Empire Waits for no one!!!!! Belle

Meet report!! :sohappy:

wannabeBelle

cherrynegra said:
Meet report!! :sohappy:
For you, Your Majesty, it shall be as you command!!!!
I woke up VERY early on Sunday morning about 6 am to get ready to go and meet up with Master Yoda & family. Me and my buddy Karen got up and got ready to go. A quick breakfast at the food court (Boatwright's isnt open before 7:30am drats!!!) and we were on our way to the bus stop. We arrived fairly early at MGM about 8:15am and saw Master Yoda & Mrs Yoda immediately. He introduced me to his lovely daughters who we did not have the pleasure of meeting at the December Meet. Your Majesty, as a side note you should consider adding Master Yoda's Middle young lady as a handmaiden. She is a rather unique young lady, sweet, mannerly, bright, beautiful and skilled in defense!!! A most amazing young lady!!!! Definitely a cut above most of the kids her age. Obviously Master & Mrs Yoda have done a great job of parenting and it absolutely shows!!!! We chatted amicably for a little while and then were joined by PhotoDave. Shortly after that Darth Tater made an appearance so we got some pictures of him with and without us!! After a while we were joined by the illustrious source of all official information JPVon Drake. We all decided that we had waited long enough as it was like 5 to 9 and no one else seemed to be coming along so we proceeded into the parks. Several stormtroopers were on top of the entry way to MGM. I got a few good shots and I Am sure PhotoDave got better!!! Once we had entered the park, I went to Guest Relations go verify the location and set times of Mulch Sweat & Shears. Armed with that information, we set out to go conquer TOT and RNRC. On the line for TOT we were joined by Duke Earthwalker and his lady as they recognized my WDWMagic shirt!! Intorductions were made all around. Duke was kind enough as he was going to be heading home that night to post my experiences with DME. I have to say it was a mostly positive experience, on time clean busses, etc. I do however predict that unless the Mears Drivers that came with this service clean up their act and but QUICK they are going to be gone and they will be replaced by Disney's own drivers. Different discussion for a different thread though. A great drop was had by all and then onto RNRC. After another thrilling limo ride off we went to Star Tours area to see what was coooking with the Star Wars stuff. We found Jedi Mickey and Queen Amidala. More pics taken. We meandered over byu Chebacca and Anakin Skywalker ( What a gorgeous guy!!WOW!!!) more pics were taken although we didnt wait on line as these characters were going inside for a bit. After that we decided to explore the Dark side of the Force and made our way over to Mickey Street Where the Dark Side was housed. We ran into Slade, to be followed by a few stormtroopers, Zam Wessel and a fully amored Boba Fett. At that point we decided to head over to the Parade area as the Star Wars parade was coming through. Kudos to some of the makeup artists who did an absolutely amazing job!!! Everyone especially cheered for the Younglings who were padawan learners!!!! Afterwards we headed over to the last showing of Who Wants to be a Millionaire Star Wars edition. There were many Star Wars jokes flying including one particularly attractive Young Man who waved his hand Jedi Fashion at the host and told him that he didnt need to answer any questions but would be given all the prizes!!! The host responded that he didnt have a weak mind!!! It was quite funny!! Then our own Star Wars Champion, PhotoDave made it into the hot seat!!!!!!!! Your Majesty, he did you and the Kingdom Proud!!! There was much cheering from our section for our own Knight Errant!!!! Talk about grace under pressure!! Dave got up there and blew through many of the questions without a problem and came away with several lovely gifts including the novel Revenge of the Sith signed by the author!!! Great job there Dave!!!After that we decided that since food was in order for all of us hungry people we would head over to the Backlot express for some food and I would stand about looking conspicuous hoping to meet some additional people!!! At just about 1 oclock I went out there for a little while with Master Yoda's middle daughter and we hung around for a little while. I didnt see anyone so went back by the group and there was ZTK421-SW and Thimblekisses!!!!!! Poor Thimblekisses though!!! She was sick and was squeeking!!!!!! I felt so bad for her!! Hopefully she has made a complete recovery by now!!! We waited for their group to have lunch and then went over to Star Tours, did that ( Complete with group photo which I will post as soon as I get my pics into my computer in some fashion!!) and then headed over to the Great Movie Ride. After that was another mad dash for me over to catch Mulch, Sweat & Shears on New York Street ( Streets of America??) By the Chevy Sign on your right as you are walking towards LMAX. They were awesome as per usual, and before i knew it the rest of the group had caught up with me and TK421-sw was taking video of this fine musical act!!!! I so look foward to seeing this online!!! You should check it out your Majesty, I think you will enjoy it!!!! We got shut out of the 3:55 showing of LMAX so we decided to wander over to the 50's Prime Time Cafe where we had an early dinner reservation. I turned around and TK421-sw and Thimblekisses & crew were gone!!! I wanted to at least say good bye, but I think they had planned to hop to Magic Kingdom!!! Anyow we went in had dinner, cooled off and enjoyed watching Slade try to eat his green beans!!!!! I had to tell Cousin David that there was just no way that he was going to choke these grean beans down without being ill. As I was enjoying my dinner I really didnt like that idea at all!!!!! Cousin David forgave him and we had some great desserts all around. My friend Karen got adventurous and decided to order the brownie sundae, not realizing how HUGE this thing is!!! It was pretty funny to see her face on that one!!! Once we got done with Dinner Master Yoda had to go home as it is a bit of a longer drive for him. We said good bye to Master Yoda & family and Karen Slade & I headed over to catch Mulch, Sweat & Shears 5:55pm show. Wonderful as per usual!!( Again pics are on the way!!) and then we headed over to the 6:15 LMAX show. Great show and they have finally included the jet skis that werent there the last time that I had seen it. Slade had to leave us after that so it was just Karen and I . We finished up the evening with The Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Fantasmic which was standing room only when we got there!!! All in all a wonderful day was had by all, good times, great people what more could anyone ask for??? Hope you enjoyed the lenghty Meet report and any questions, please feel free to ask!!! May The Force be with You all Always!!! Belle

cherrynegra

Thank you your Eminance for that most glorious meet report. I look forward to perusing the pictures you and others have taken of your adventure!! :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom