Mine Train Live Chat

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:22
Dave Minichiello:
Yes, we do have some interactive elements in the queue. Part of the “scene one” in the queue area helps us start to tell the story. We have an area where guests can sort and wash jewels, and for the first time, we’re taking guests into the vault as seen in the classic film ‘Snow White.'

doctornick

Still need to see the animatronics.

Yeah, this. I think the quality of this ride will lagrely be determined by the show scenes (as opposed to the "thrill") and the video gave away very little about that. We still don't know about...

1. The details of the main mine scene -- it shows a ride through in part of that, without any AAs, so it is probably from a while ago. Also, it cuts out and jumps to the lift hill, so we might not have seen all of the mine scene.
2. the projections during the lift hill (though the CGI video probably illustrates it well)
3. What is goign on with the mine entrance at the top of the first lift hill. The video starts after that lift hill
4. What is in the scene in the dwarf's cottage. The ride cuts out right before that.

As far as I'm concerned, the ride through has added very little to what we already know about the ride experience.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:23
Jenn Fickley-Baker:
And from Caitlin, ‘What are some special Hidden Mickeys or little details that we should look for?’"

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:24
Dave Minichiello:
Well, each mine train is very unique and we wanted to make them look like they were used in different times. When you see the vehicles themselves, there’s a lot of layering to them. While you go to the mine and there’s a lot of rustic wood and wood graining throughout the attraction, some of the wood carving is something you seen in the film and we’ve picked that up. The scale and the character of everything around you starts to go into the dwarfs’ world.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
3:23
Jenn Fickley-Baker:
And from Caitlin, ‘What are some special Hidden Mickeys or little details that we should look for?’"
This is just a pimp to their last update "All in the Details" blog post. I'll bet the response from Marketing Dave has a link to the blog post in it!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:25
Jenn Fickley-Baker:
We have time for just a few more questions - and are getting some specifically about accessing the ride. For example, what is the height requirement, and Disney Parks Blog reader Teresa asks if it will be available as a part of FastPass+?

ptaylor

Premium Member
I'm getting a bad feeling about this ride. Is it going to be all visuals and no substance ala the rest of New Fantasyland?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:26
Jenn Fickley-Baker:
Another question from Cassandra asks “What is the height restriction w/this ride?”

3:27
Dave Minichiello:
It’s 38 inches.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:27
Jenn Fickley-Baker:
Obviously when Mine Train opens it will not only be the debut of a new attraction, but it will mark the completion of the entire New Fantasyland expansion. In your opinion, how successful has this project been? Better than expected?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:28
Dave Minichiello:
For myself and all of our team members, it has been really special to bring all of these stories into Magic Kingdom for our guests to experience.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:29
Jenn Fickley-Baker:
Have you given a thought yet to how you’ll celebrate that opening moment?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:29
Dave Minichiello:
After having worked on this for a number of years, it’s always quite an exciting moment to see the first guests and families experience the attraction. We’re really looking forward to it. I’ll probably spend the day out there watching guests enjoy it. For us, it’s fun to see the end goal and how the guests will experience it. It’s kind of why we do what we do - for me anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom