Mine Train Live Chat

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:08
Dave Minichiello:
It has proven to be pretty amazing and a very smooth attraction. It’s a completely new experience - not only having the sensation of pivoting back and forth and it varies throughout the attraction. You feel differences in the various terrain around the mountain.

cmanley23

I thought it was interesting watching the mine train exit the mine… it looked like there were large wooden gates/doors that were propped open. Does anyone know anything about those from all the concept talk in the 7DMT ride construction thread?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:09
Jenn Fickley-Baker:
And of course, we have to mention the detail that went into designing these cars, which were individually handpainted and aged. We shared a behind-the-scenes video on the making of the Mine Cars a few weeks ago. Here’s a look at the work that goes into something like that.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:14
Jenn Fickley-Baker:
The onboard video we shared earlier also showed a bit more detail of the interior portion of the attraction. How is progress coming inside?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
phpwkddwz08.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:16
Dave Minichiello:
Things are going very well and we’re excited to see all of the layers coming together. Each week brings a new and exciting level.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Jenn Fickley-Baker:
The train seems to slow when it hits that “dark ride” point - anything specific we should look for in there?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:17
Dave Minichiello:
The reason the train slows is to allow the guests to enjoy the details of the scene. We wanted to let our guests discover their favorite dwarf. All seven are hard at work in the mine scene - and we do have some hidden stuff in there.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:18
Jenn Fickley-Baker:
From the Disney Parks Blog, Jeff asked, ‘How many diamonds will there be throughout the mine?’

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Jenn Fickley-Baker:
The train seems to slow when it hits that “dark ride” point - anything specific we should look for in there?

Yes. We were excited for the re-release of the source material this Christmas and hope to have the guests' anxiety levels rise as they worry about waking the dragon that lives in the mine and the eventual destruction of Lake Town. Further, there will be more development of the love story between the dwarf and the pretty elf lady.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:20
Dave Minichiello:
The queue has a surprise song in it that was originally written for the film called ‘Music In Your Soup,’ which we’ve recorded in instrumental version and added to our queue area. All of the music in the queue area is all instrumental, and we wanted to give it a feel that it was played by the Seven Dwarfs.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Comment From Keith
Will there be an interactive queue? if so are there any details you can share?

NYwdwfan

Dave Minichiello:
The queue has a surprise song in it that was originally written for the film called ‘Music In Your Soup,’ which we’ve recorded in instrumental version and added to our queue area. All of the music in the queue area is all instrumental, and we wanted to give it a feel that it was played by the Seven Dwarfs.

The first time I read this I thought it was another sarcastic response from @George.

ptaylor

Premium Member
I think Jenn is on the moon, and Dave is hanging from the top of the Mine Train mountain installing grass and answering on his iPhone. It is seriously slow following along with this chat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom