mine ride for BIG PEOPLE..

awilliams4

No, they do not have one, nor do I think they ever will, as that would be admitting that there is an issue, and they don't have a test seat that I know of for any other attraction.

They have plenty. Suggesting that having one is admitting an issue couldn't be anymore wrong.

disney4life2008

There are no test seats at MK although some of those rides can pose issues.

At 5'7, 350lbs (my heaviest) I never had a problem on any of the rides at any of the parks. The only one that is a right fit is space mountain but if I sit in the front I get more leg room and its no problem. RnRC is another tight fit but I avoid that for different reasons, lol. I may be a sport in August

wilkeliza

Maybe the engineering limitations involved with creating this ride had more to do with the narrow fit than anything else. If that is the case, it is tough not to comment on posts that are pointing the finger at Disney in cases where obesity is the factor.

It isn't just an obesity issue though. I am 5' 5.5" and 150, hardly what you would call obese. I am probably about as comfortable yet still snug as it could get. I am a runner and play softball so have very muscular legs. That made me have the tight fit on the bars. I imagine a lot of mamas are going to have similar issues. As someone pointed out the lap bar is only 13.5 inches across so anyone with big knees or muscular legs could have issues and not be obese by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't have any issues at EE or any other coaster and have never fit tight into anything else so I was a little taken aback as well.

disney4life2008

Only did Astro Oribtor once. I always assumed it was just technically a photo opp like the dumbo and not a true tester seat like the ones at other parks. Glad to know one is there because those little rockets can be a squeeze for adults.

I recall not being able to fit on that ride when I was 10 - and never touched it ever again, lol

Mr Anderson

well I started this thread.. and like I said, I have never not fit on a ride.. NEVER.. some were TIGHT. .but I always fit.. this is TOO TIGHT.. 13.5 inches? sorry.. but that's tight.. in ANYONES BOOK..
So out of curiosity, and agreeing with you that this sounded DANG tight, I broke out the tape measure this morning while I was getting ready for work. I measured across my thighs (with them slammed together as uncomfortably as possible) where I thought the bar would reside while riding... I'll say this... That measurement HAS to be an exaggeration, if not completely inaccurate. I have VERY skinny chicken legs, and I will BARELY fit if that is indeed accurate... There is NO WAY 13.5 inches is accurate. Perhaps they fit on the ride, measured their own legs, and said that is what the bar measured. I guaran-dang-tee you those giant basketball players pictured riding 7DMT in previous posts above have legs FAR FAR FAR wider than mine!!!

Let's collectively agree to toss out this 13.5 inches measurement until someone can prove it to be accurate, with pictures, with measuring tape on the bar, not their legs.

Mr Anderson

At 5'7, 350lbs (my heaviest) I never had a problem on any of the rides at any of the parks. The only one that is a right fit is space mountain but if I sit in the front I get more leg room and its no problem. RnRC is another tight fit but I avoid that for different reasons, lol. I may be a sport in August
LOL! I just got a mental image of a guy we rode with on RnRC once that was screaming his head off as we rode. Was that you? Haha.

disney4life2008

LOL! I just got a mental image of a guy we rode with on RnRC once that was screaming his head off as we rode. Was that you? Haha.

YES YES YES :) That is about the only ride at all of the world that gets my jitters going - it literally freaks me out. The 0 to 45/60 (?) in seconds is too much for me to handle then the twists and upside downs - I am screaming my head off, LOL. But it is an amazing ride but I avoid it at all costs.

Lloyd_Black

Exactly, if you're too big for a ride then either do something about it or move along.
Heh, I was thinking the same thing.

I was able to ride the mine train but just barely. My problem is height though. I'm 6'1" and only 220 lbs. I was able to ride it comfortably but I think I was maxing out the size parameters for riders. Even when I was looking at the seat I was wondering if I'd fit. I think there's something people should keep in mind, after riding it, I figured it's designed for children mostly. The whole ride in general was mild in it's drops and turns. It's not going to be exciting for anyone expecting an intense roller coaster ride. I'm sure it's great for children but adults won't be impressed. So, don't get upset at Disney for not accepting larger riders, it's a ride for younger people and I think it was designed as so. If an exciting and more adult ride is something you desire, go to "Space Mountain" or go over to Animal Kingdom for "Expedition Everest".

Lloyd_Black

Well, considering the situation of people not fitting into the seats, yes, some may have to ride alone. I saw some parents waiting for their children to come off the ride. If people can't fit into the seats there aren't many options left unless Disney fixes the problem by making bigger coaster cars. Believe me, I would like to see cars that can accommodate adults as easily children but it seems as though they didn't plan for adults to fit well. I personally would've liked more space. I barely fit into the seat myself. My knees would've enjoyed more space. I think everyone who has an issue with this should email Disney about this problem. They need to know about the problem and there's plenty of people who would benefit from bigger seats.

dadddio

After 11 Pages, only one thought comes to mind: There is no god-given right for you to ride a rollercoaster.

I'm sorry but life's not fair.
Exactly, if you're too big for a ride then either do something about it or move along.
You guys are missing the point. Overweight people know that they might not be able to ride some rides. They don't really need the advice that you are giving.

The real issue here is that people wait in a line for 90 minutes to learn that they won't be able to ride. That's a big waste of time and a kick in the gut. Now imagine that same guest waiting in line for 90 minutes with his/her 4yo child.

While redesigning the ride to allow bigger people to ride would be a fix, it's a spendy fix. A less expensive fix would be to place a 'photo-op' train car somewhere outside of the line.

alissafalco

You guys are missing the point. Overweight people know that they might not be able to ride some rides. They don't really need the advice that you are giving.

The real issue here is that people wait in a line for 90 minutes to learn that they won't be able to ride. That's a big waste of time and a kick in the gut. Now imagine that same guest waiting in line for 90 minutes with his/her 4yo child.

While redesigning the ride to allow bigger people to ride would be a fix, it's a spendy fix. A less expensive fix would be to place a 'photo-op' train car somewhere outside of the line.
Thats not what the OP who started this thread was complaining about. It only evolved through the many pages that people were upset about the point you are making. I was answering to the original post made by the OP who NEVER mentioned the wait.

Last edited:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I know this would never happen in the modern world, but having ridden the Mine Train twice on my early June trip, I wouldn't even think a lap bar of any kind would be necessary if you could trust people not to stand up. But, people would stand up and the like (see Mountain, Splash).

dadddio

Thats not what the OP who started this thread was complaining about. It only evolved through the many pages that people were upset about the point you are making. I was answering to the original post made by the OP who NEVER mentioned the wait.
If you take another glance at the first post, you will note that the OP waited in line for an hour and ten minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom