Mine Ride Construction Update

MOXOMUMD

It will all make sense on 2/7/14.
I'd be willing to bet whatever you want, as long as you're saying that the public will be soft opening on February 7 of 2014. No puns, no mathematical equations, no jokes. A lot of people are placing their hope in what you've said.
So you are still sticking with one month from today the public should be riding during a soft opening?

kap91

Just saw the recent video posted here by WDW Magic concerning the construction of the Mine Train ride vehicles. And apparently, the lantern on the cars don't light up. I hope I'm wrong, but that's sure what it looks like in that video. :(

You're getting the most detailed themed ride cars ever made...ever...stupid levels of theming and detail and you're disappointed that the lanterns might not light up? Aren't we getting just a tad carried away?

Magenta Panther

You're getting the most detailed themed ride cars ever made...ever...stupid levels of theming and detail and you're disappointed that the lanterns might not light up? Aren't we getting just a tad carried away?

Think of those lanterns lit up on the cars in the evening, going in and out of the tunnel, up and down on the track...that would have been an amazing magical sight. Yeah, I''m a little disappointed. As to "most detailed", yeah, I'll have to see it to believe it...

kap91

No! It's a mine car and in a dark mine shaft, you'd need a light. It only makes sense.
Not if the mine is being lit up by a million diamonds shining.:)

Think of those lanterns lit up on the cars in the evening, going in and out of the tunnel, up and down on the track...that would have been an amazing magical sight. Yeah, I''m a little disappointed. As to "most detailed", yeah, I'll have to see it to believe it...

I agree it would look cool I'm just saying the look of the cars is already unprecedented so lighted lanterns to me would be icing on the cake not something I expect and will be disappointed if it doesn't happen. There are numerous photos and videos with close ups of the cars - I can't think of any other ride vehicle that even comes close to looking as real as the thing its supposed to be.

rioriz

I think it pretty hard to say you have to see it since we have got extensive looks at the cars on the tracks...and do we really wanna see the lights on the cars only to be disappointed a year later when they are not working....(sorry had to)

donsullivan

Premium Member
I'm kind of curious if they'll do a Passholder preview for this or just a normal soft opening. When they tried the AP preview last fall for the rest of New Fantasyland, their registration model was a complete disaster and blew up totally on them. Hopefully they've learned a little from that nightmare and this one (if they do it) will go more smoothly.

Sped2424

I'm kind of curious if they'll do a Passholder preview for this or just a normal soft opening. When they tried the AP preview last fall for the rest of New Fantasyland, their registration model was a complete disaster and blew up totally on them. Hopefully they've learned a little from that nightmare and this one (if they do it) will go more smoothly.
I have a feeling they are just going to do regular soft openings.

Magenta Panther

I think it pretty hard to say you have to see it since we have got extensive looks at the cars on the tracks...and do we really wanna see the lights on the cars only to be disappointed a year later when they are not working....(sorry had to)

It's okay, I know why you went there...:(

lazyboy97o

I think the one getting carried away is the one calling them "the most detailed themed ride cars ever made."

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think he one getting carried away is the one calling them "the most detailed themed ride cars ever made."

JCE%2BVehicle.jpg

The Empress Lilly

I think the one getting carried away is the one calling them "the most detailed themed ride cars ever made."
I wanna play too!

I believe that technically the Nautiluses were 'ride cars' - but with a submerged ride track to boot:
20kpostcard.jpg

And one better, where like the train the ride vehicle is the attraction. The Joe Fowler, the more eleaborate brother to the Liberty Belle (the Richard F. Irvine):
01110216.jpg

lunchbox1175

I take this with some doubt, but recently I had a major issue with my tickets being assigned to the wrong person when I ordered them over the phone, I ended up spending 3 hours consecutively on new years day on the phone with Ticketing, Guest Services, and IT. When I was speaking with the guy from IT, he was checking on things with people from other departments and while we were waiting, he asked me if I had any question to kill the time, I asked when 7DMTR would open, and he said everything they had been told was beginning of April if it stayed on schedule, and that they would possibly have an AP Soft Opening event in March. Like I said, who knows if his info is bus driver worthy or actually accurate.

kap91

Exactly what ride has ride vehicles that can compare? The only thing I can think of is Indiana Jones and would say those still pale. I guess gringotts is conceivable (or maybe something in Tokyo?)but we haven't seen any pics of those yet-the renderings looked more or less like The Mummy. I'm not aware of any ride vehicle that looks like it's made out of textured material or has been thematically aged as much as these have. Certainly nothing in the US.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom