Mine Ride Construction Update

AEfx

In fairness Transformers was a clone. They already built it once so there are efficiencies there. I agree it is a more complex ride system. My only point when making the comparison between TSMM and Transformers is that they are similar undertakings that were built in a similar timeframe. I guess I was just surprised how quick TSMM went up.

Oh, I understood you. But I think the "clones" thing is just less of a factor, is all, as most of that is R&D - by the time an attraction has actually broken ground, a lot of that was done. So undoubtedly it does save on development costs, and perhaps the experience gives you a bit of a leg-up on knowing where some pratfalls may be, but the complex installations are still complex in any case.

It was surprising how quickly TSMM went up - but then again, I know folks like it, and I'm glad it's there - and that clearly was a rushed project period (they had to get something in that space for families), but it's about as simple as a ride as they come. And the 18 months is the actual ride build time - I have a feeling that site had been prepped for quite some time for possible reuse. People get irritated when I put it this way, but really - it's a ride that with a little imagination you can re-enact rather faithfully at home with the Wii version of the ride and a rolling office chair, LOL, whereas Transformers is a next-gen dark ride with integrated and complex effects.

SWSA was my favorite ride, and I rolled with it's closer quite well - particularly because this attraction was coming (and the superior version is still in use in CA, thankfully). So I've been watching and waiting like everyone else. It just seems crazy to me that this site has been a construction zone in general since the decade began, and now it's 2014 and it's still got nearly half a year to go. It's just clear it didn't NEED to take this long, is all - and it's in the smack middle of what should be the most magical part of the most magical park. There are kids who are nearing five years old who haven't been alive since Fantasyland wasn't a big mess. I just know - they can do better, and should - for a better guest experience if anything else. It's one thing watching a mountain slowly build from a distance, but far another when every view in the land for many years brings you the site of construction walls and mess.

Tom

Beta Return
Does anyone know if there will be a car for easy transfer from a wheelchair?

Good question. I'm not aware of any coasters that have easy-transfer cars. They obviously can't carry an actual wheelchair, but transfer is typically eased by wider openings in the vehicle. But due to safety, the openings in the side of coaster cars is critical. They're all as wide as they can be, by design.

What kind of transfer needs would you (or the person you're asking for) need?

startraveler

Good question. I'm not aware of any coasters that have easy-transfer cars. They obviously can't carry an actual wheelchair, but transfer is typically eased by wider openings in the vehicle. But due to safety, the openings in the side of coaster cars is critical. They're all as wide as they can be, by design.

What kind of transfer needs would you (or the person you're asking for) need?
Something like everest or big thunder or even dumbo, tho there is not enough leg room in dumbo... A door or something that opens up to the seat, then closes.

Magenta Panther

Just saw the recent video posted here by WDW Magic concerning the construction of the Mine Train ride vehicles. And apparently, the lantern on the cars don't light up. I hope I'm wrong, but that's sure what it looks like in that video. :(

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Just saw the recent video posted here by WDW Magic concerning the construction of the Mine Train ride vehicles. And apparently, the lantern on the cars don't light up. I hope I'm wrong, but that's sure what it looks like in that video. :(

More MM+ budget cuts, Hey it might have cost $100 bucks per car parts and labor to light the lanterns, Nah the rubes will never notice says TDO.

WDWFanDave

I noticed in the overhead view of one of the cars in that video that there don't appear to be any restraints.

Just because I needed something to look at besides the 'Frozen' world outside my window, I went through and found what looks like a bracket that the restraint will be attached to...see 1:21 in the video. Looks to be similar to EE's type of restraint from the concept art, and perhaps this type of bracket confirms that.

Mawg

The 1:40 minute mark on the video shows the interior coming along nicely. I wonder what is covered in the cut out on the right and left. They have done a nice job at keeping the interior a secret. I really hope it is not filled with cardboard cut outs and they can at least pull off little mermaid animatronics if not way better. Has anyone on here had a full view of what's inside yet and can share or can at least say they saw the inside and we should or should not be disappointed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom