Mine Ride Construction Update

djkidkaz

Noticed that there will be animatronic wildlife apparently:

The lovable world of Sleepy, Doc, Grumpy, Bashful, Sneezy, Happy and Dopey comes to life in spring 2014 when the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train takes New Fantasyland guests on a rollicking, musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” Inspired by the 1937 Disney animated film classic “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” the fun starts as guests cross a stone bridge and walk through a beautiful forest with the Dwarfs’ cottage in the distance, leading to the entrance to the attraction — and immersion into the endearing story of the radiant and kindhearted Snow White and her forest friends led by the lovable Dwarfs.

After passing through an interactive pre-show area with fun activities themed to mining, guests will proceed to the mine train. Just like the iconic movie, surprises are in store! The family-style coaster will feature first-of-its-kind ride vehicles mounted in cradle-like pivots that allow the vehicles to swing back and forth during the ride. Adding to the fun, the journey will be accompanied by beloved music from the film classic and there’s a cast of animated figures of Snow White, the Seven Dwarfs and playful forest critters.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just because I needed something to look at besides the 'Frozen' world outside my window, I went through and found what looks like a bracket that the restraint will be attached to...see 1:21 in the video. Looks to be similar to EE's type of restraint from the concept art, and perhaps this type of bracket confirms that.

Yep, I think you are right, does look like brackets to install a lap bar.

The 1:40 minute mark on the video shows the interior coming along nicely. I wonder what is covered in the cut out on the right and left. They have done a nice job at keeping the interior a secret. I really hope it is not filled with cardboard cut outs and they can at least pull off little mermaid animatronics if not way better. Has anyone on here had a full view of what's inside yet and can share or can at least say they saw the inside and we should or should not be disappointed?

The one on the left actually looks like a video screen where they haven't brought the rock work right up to it.

Mawg

The one on the left actually looks like a video screen where they haven't brought the rock work right up to it.
Yeah, I thought that too. But the one on the right looks like there is something under a tarp and not a video screen. Would it make sense to have a video on one side and some kind of animatronic on the other or the same thing on both sides.

tl77

Noticed that there will be animatronic wildlife apparently:

The lovable world of Sleepy, Doc, Grumpy, Bashful, Sneezy, Happy and Dopey comes to life in spring 2014 when the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train takes New Fantasyland guests on a rollicking, musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” Inspired by the 1937 Disney animated film classic “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” the fun starts as guests cross a stone bridge and walk through a beautiful forest with the Dwarfs’ cottage in the distance, leading to the entrance to the attraction — and immersion into the endearing story of the radiant and kindhearted Snow White and her forest friends led by the lovable Dwarfs.

After passing through an interactive pre-show area with fun activities themed to mining, guests will proceed to the mine train. Just like the iconic movie, surprises are in store! The family-style coaster will feature first-of-its-kind ride vehicles mounted in cradle-like pivots that allow the vehicles to swing back and forth during the ride. Adding to the fun, the journey will be accompanied by beloved music from the film classic and there’s a cast of animated figures of Snow White, the Seven Dwarfs and playful forest critters.

Are those vultures really "playful forest critter" though?

phi2134

Yeah, I thought that too. But the one on the right looks like there is something under a tarp and not a video screen. Would it make sense to have a video on one side and some kind of animatronic on the other or the same thing on both sides.

I am guessing places to hang lamps.

Cousin Huet

They both look like speakers to me.....one covered with a plastic cover and the other not......both awaiting a rocky covering that will allow the sound to come through.....I could be wrong but that is what it appears to be. Probably the start of some Hi-Ho music.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
They both look like speakers to me.....one covered with a plastic cover and the other not......both awaiting a rocky covering that will allow the sound to come through.....I could be wrong but that is what it appears to be. Probably the start of some Hi-Ho music.

You may be right, they may be speakers.

Rob562

Presumably the lapbars were removed/not-yet-installed while the cars themselves were being painted. Tough getting paint off of polished metal.

-Rob

Cesar R M

But it does give new meaning to "Let it Go".
you.. you....

gQVLhrU.gif

ok I admit.. I laughed.. a lot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom