Mine Ride Construction Update

Adam5897

Last time they invested in a major attraction? Test Track 2.0 in 2012.
But didn't the sponsorship with GM end? And the ride was already existent. What I'm trying to say is that the mine ride will be great and new fantasyland is cool but it dosent have a wow factor. Just a bunch of little things put together that look good. I forgot about Everest but other than that there really hasn't been anything to that comparison put towards one ride.

TRONorail10

I love Mr. Toad and would have been happy to see it return to MK, but that's probably not the first franchise I would have considered for the FLE. I think a dark ride -- and if it used LPS, even better -- themed to Sleeping Beauty or Tangled (or actually having a ride themed to BatB) would have been a perfect fit in the Fantasyland Forest part of the FLE. I don't know how plausible it would have been, but feel like they could have "buried" a ride within one corner of the mountain of the 7DMT (the side facing LM/BatB), having the coaster go over the dark ride in that area, but better utilizing the space and adding another draw and capacity to the area.

Or alternatively, instead of Pete's Silly Sideshow, they could have made that into a ride instead of a M&G, with the tent being the queue/entrance and having a showbuilding behind it. I know M&G's are popular, but I don't think there was a huge pent up demand for the big 5 in circus outfits -- and even if they wanted to add that, they could have had an smaller M&G (one character at a time) set up in the back tent that houses the FP machines.

I completely agree with everything you've said. There should have been at least one new dark ride in either the Enchanted Forest or Storybook Circus. The problem with Disney World is that executives are forgetting that the four parks are still THEME PARKS. People expect rides. Meet and greets are an added bonus to enhance the theming of the park or certain areas. Personally, I would have rather had a Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland or Robin Hood dark ride in place of Enchanted Tales with Belle and just incorporated some of the Beauty and the Beast characters right into the restaurant. Belle could have still just been put in Princess Fairytale Hall so people could still meet her. An alternate option would be to have some sort of Roger Rabbit Fun House ride in the circus, there would have been enough room for a dark ride, just not an e-ticket by any means like the Mine Train.

dman1373

i heard a rumor that once they destroy the speedway, that on the fantasyland side they will build another mini land called wonderland. It will have a alice dark ride and also a alice maze. So thats probably why they didn't want to cram anything extra in the new area.

Jose

a new area? uhm, that sounds really exciting! I think it would be interesting to add an alice area like they have it on DLR and DLP :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
i heard a rumor that once they destroy the speedway, that on the fantasyland side they will build another mini land called wonderland. It will have a alice dark ride and also a alice maze. So thats probably why they didn't want to cram anything extra in the new area.

There was early concept art for this that was recently put on display out in Disneyland. I don't think there are any ongoing plans to build that.

Adam5897

I do think they will eventually get rid of the speedway but I wonder when...

Adam5897

I know it's a horrible idea but I just thought of this for some reason. They could rethemed and update the speedway and make it themed to sugar rush from wreck it ralph and it could be part of fantasyland. I know it would be horrible and I don't want it at all but it was just a weird little thought. :)

G00fyDad

I know it's a horrible idea but I just thought of this for some reason. They could rethemed and update the speedway and make it themed to sugar rush from wreck it ralph and it could be part of fantasyland. I know it would be horrible and I don't want it at all but it was just a weird little thought. :)

Delete your post before someone at Disney sees it and thinks that they could pull it off. ;)

Animaniac93-98

Would still be an improvement though.

doctornick

Why is that horrible? I think it's a great idea if they insist on keeping the Speedway around (I'm fine with getting rid of it). They can even do a mini-area on the Tommorrowland side of the attraction to Hero's Duty, which would help with the transition from Fantasyland to Tommorrowland.

Adam5897

Why is that horrible? I think it's a great idea if they insist on keeping the Speedway around (I'm fine with getting rid of it). They can even do a mini-area on the Tommorrowland side of the attraction to Hero's Duty, which would help with the transition from Fantasyland to Tommorrowland.
Because i'm not a big fan of wreck it ralph and I think there are more deserving stories like sleeping beauty that belong in fantaysland, even if that would be easier and cheaper for TDO do to. But I don't think it would ever happen so i'm not going to worry about it.

ebof1023

I completely agree with everything you've said. There should have been at least one new dark ride in either the Enchanted Forest or Storybook Circus. The problem with Disney World is that executives are forgetting that the four parks are still THEME PARKS. People expect rides. Meet and greets are an added bonus to enhance the theming of the park or certain areas. Personally, I would have rather had a Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland or Robin Hood dark ride in place of Enchanted Tales with Belle and just incorporated some of the Beauty and the Beast characters right into the restaurant. Belle could have still just been put in Princess Fairytale Hall so people could still meet her. An alternate option would be to have some sort of Roger Rabbit Fun House ride in the circus, there would have been enough room for a dark ride, just not an e-ticket by any means like the Mine Train.
as some one who has had very young members of my family take part in Tales With Belle i think this is(as of now) the best addition to fantasy land. I think that with the way things are looking for the mine coaster that it will overtake Belles role as top attraction IMHO

RunnerEd

If the speedway goes, I would love for them to put up walls and make an eerie Villains area with a couple of dark rides, a real e-ticket, along with the appropriate m&g's, food, and stores. During Mickey's Not So Scary, the bad guys/girls could escape from their land and take over the park, only to be put back in their place by hero Mickey and friends. That would be a great replacement for the speedway and would really round out MK.

dman1373

If the speedway goes, I would love for them to put up walls and make an eerie Villains area with a couple of dark rides, a real e-ticket, along with the appropriate m&g's, food, and stores. During Mickey's Not So Scary, the bad guys/girls could escape from their land and take over the park, only to be put back in their place by hero Mickey and friends. That would be a great replacement for the speedway and would really round out MK.
If they did that they should have it behind fantasy forest. You know so it could be deep in the dark forest or whatever.

RunnerEd

If they did that they should have it behind fantasy forest. You know so it could be deep in the dark forest or whatever.

That would have been great, especially with the lackluster Belle's village that they built. When they first announced Belle's Village, I was looking forward to another bakery in the MK, a book store, etc.

Genie of the Lamp

Love the progress going on 7DMT as the more I see it, the more I think it will be a decent D Ticket attraction that will become the most popular and most visited attraction in NFL. I have always wondered what the reaction would've been to NFL if this ride would've opened along with the Mermaid and Beast attractions,shops,etc. In terms of the speedway, what I would do is scale the attraction or cut the size of it as many average guests especially little kids enjoy this ride. So you would have a 50% version of the current Speedway on one side, then on the other side facing Tomorrowland, they could put in that rumored Tron cycle ride which I think could have a lot of potential if done right and it kinda/sorta can thematically fit in tomorrowland since it exists in a virtual world which makes it futuristic

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom