IMG_8880.jpg

IMG_8878.jpg

IMG_8875.jpg

IMG_8873.jpg

IMG_8872.jpg

IMG_8871.jpg

IMG_8862.jpg

IMG_8787.jpg

And those are some sweet pics! Thanks for the update.

Rose&Crowner

I think the mine carts are going to be bigger than any other coaster cars in WDW. You can see on the tracks just how much lower the themed ties are going to be compared to the real tracks. You'd think that the carts will be themed close enough in proximity to the fake tracks, making these bad boys huge. Not to mention the fact that each one is articulated in at least two directions above the norm and will need to house machinery on it somewhere! It's going to be awesomely massive. Thanks for the pics!

Tom

Beta Return
I think the mine carts are going to be bigger than any other coaster cars in WDW. You can see on the tracks just how much lower the themed ties are going to be compared to the real tracks. You'd think that the carts will be themed close enough in proximity to the fake tracks, making these bad boys huge. Not to mention the fact that each one is articulated in at least two directions above the norm and will need to house machinery on it somewhere! It's going to be awesomely massive. Thanks for the pics!

You're probably right...which means another ride that will be down for technical difficulties all the time, like Test Track 1.0.

Maerj

That coaster looks to be a little more elaborate than I was thinking. That looks like a lot of track there.

dreamscometrue

going on record to say that a lot of people have been underestimating this attraction.. it's going to be great once complete...

I'm going on record to state that I like your 'going on record'. :)

I love dark rides, great theming, and coasters of all types, so I expect I'll really enjoy this ride.

UberMouse

This might be the best coaster since the Matterhorn for Disney. Yeah, I said Matterhorn. Still miffed that it has never made it to MK... :mad: LOL

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

There shouldn't really be much machinery to hide. The movement of the cars won't be controlled, they will just swing with the motion of the cars on the track. Here is a picture of the mock-up, not sure how different the final cars will be:

6058596484_25e96ed9cd.jpg

midwest_mice

This might be the best coaster since the Matterhorn for Disney. Yeah, I said Matterhorn. Still miffed that it has never made it to MK... :mad: LOL
Since Kodak is no longer a sponsor, maybe Mt. Fugi becomes a reality at Epcot's World Showcase? I read somewhere that the reason Mt Fugi(copycat of matterhorn) didn't make it was because Kodak threw a fit because of Fugi being a name of a competitor of theirs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom