Mine Ride Construction Update

Magenta Panther

If the speedway goes, I would love for them to put up walls and make an eerie Villains area with a couple of dark rides, a real e-ticket, along with the appropriate m&g's, food, and stores. During Mickey's Not So Scary, the bad guys/girls could escape from their land and take over the park, only to be put back in their place by hero Mickey and friends. That would be a great replacement for the speedway and would really round out MK.

YES!!!! No movie studio has created more memorable villains than Disney. They deserve their own area, and I like your take on it. :)

Disneyhead'71

If the speedway goes, I would love for them to put up walls and make an eerie Villains area with a couple of dark rides, a real e-ticket, along with the appropriate m&g's, food, and stores. During Mickey's Not So Scary, the bad guys/girls could escape from their land and take over the park, only to be put back in their place by hero Mickey and friends. That would be a great replacement for the speedway and would really round out MK.
That's a great idea, but TDO doesn't build E-Tickets anymore. The return on investment shows that building attractions is a waste of money. But maybe we could get a fancy card game with villains on the cards.

mvieguy

YES!!!! No movie studio has created more memorable villains than Disney. They deserve their own area, and I like your take on it. :)

While Disney Villians are quite Popular with the older crowd. sorry to say, this is not the case with young children. even if they play dress up. 9 out of 10 times, they dress up like peter pan, not capt hook.

Its too much of a gamble. yes Disney has made great Villians, but they really have no showcased them on their own. Children would be too scared to go on a ride dedicated to the villian. also how would you propose the Dark ride would go, The Villian wins? Let me ask you this. when was the last time you saw The Evil Queen, Malificent, or Capt Hook signing autographs

Sorry to say, Disney would never go for it. which is why Villian Mountain was never Greenlit

Animaniac93-98

While Disney Villians are quite Popular with the older crowd. sorry to say, this is not the case with young children. even if they play dress up. 9 out of 10 times, they dress up like peter pan, not capt hook.

Its too much of a gamble. yes Disney has made great Villians, but they really have no showcased them on their own. Children would be too scared to go on a ride dedicated to the villian. also how would you propose the Dark ride would go, The Villian wins? Let me ask you this. when was the last time you saw The Evil Queen, Malificent, or Capt Hook signing autographs

Sorry to say, Disney would never go for it. which is why Villian Mountain was never Greenlit

Doesn't Captain Hook sign autographs daily in Adventureland? And as for villans winning, no I'd have it like the Castle Mystery Tour which was villain centric but had a child chosen at the end to save the day.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Doesn't Captain Hook sign autographs daily in Adventureland? And as for villans winning, no I'd have it like the Castle Mystery Tour which was villain centric but had a child chosen at the end to save the day.
Have you ever seen Hook on Jake and the Neverland Pirates? He's a joke villian wise. The kids see the buffoon they see on their not a great villain.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
what's a show set?

That would be some sort of theming, but it's hard to know what.

What does the permit entail?

The documents we get to see don't get contain much information. " Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Show Set" is all the permit says about the work being done. Here is some of the work this contractor has done for Disney before:

- Storybook Circus Tent Showsets
- Fantasyland Hot Dog, Pretzel and Popcorn Kiosks
- Epcot France Meet & Greet Structure

JeffH

There should have been at least one new dark ride in either the Enchanted Forest or Storybook Circus
Maybe I'm confused, but isn't the Little Mermaid ride a dark ride? As far as I'm concerned here, Disney has reversed a bad trend where previously all new attractions were E (thrill ride) attractions, back to where they are building attractions of all types for the whole family.
And don't we now have a villains area? Belle's Village, where the evil Gaston hangs out and hawks his evil brew?
Although it would be neat (for us adults) to have a villains land, it doesn't really fit into the 'happiest place on earth'. We 'visit' the villains in most attractions who haunt us until they are defeated, that is their place. And in 'reality' a villains land wouldn't make sense, since the villains just play villains, they are really fun and good, otherwise they wouldn't be allowed in the park...to play with our children...

HTF

Sorry for the quality and quantity, it was getting dark quickly by the time I got back there.

IMG_9580.jpg

IMG_9577.jpg

IMG_9573.jpg

IMG_9567.jpg

IMG_9563.jpg

nc_disneyfreak

so we know the coaster is going to open in 2014...my question is when? early spring, summer or fall? you would think they would aim for march or april, right as the spring and summer crowds get ready to jump attendance....
any ideas?

G00fyDad

so we know the coaster is going to open in 2014...my question is when? early spring, summer or fall? you would think they would aim for march or april, right as the spring and summer crowds get ready to jump attendance....
any ideas?

If they are smart they would wait for the time when the crowds are usually at their lowest and publicly announce it to open then. That way they keep the upswing in visitors all year instead of massively over-crowding the park during the summer and then when Fall comes along attendance drops like a rock.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
any ideas?

During one of the Fantasyland grand opening presentations Staggs said "Spring 2014" and based on the pace of construction that seems on target.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom