Mine Ride Construction Update

Adam5897

Update from today :cool:

Thanks for the pics they look great! With all of the progress happening lately I expect it to open earlier than planned. That is if they can keep it up. Can't wait for the ride though, I think it will be one of my favorites. I'm just praying for the queen to be in this somewhere. Maybe in a window watching down on the ride like in the beginning of the movie. I still think the queen making the potion/ changing the apple to the poison apple in the dungeon would have been a perfect show scene but sadly this ride is mostly based on the dwarfs. I think Snow White in general would have been a better theme. Just because the ride vehicle makes sense being a mine cart doesn't mean the whole ride has to be based mainly on the dwarfs. I still think it will be great and can't wait to ride it. And who knows what they might throw in there, after all there has been hints to a "surprise element". (Please be the queen) :)

cheezbat

This can't open soon enough. The Magic Kingdom is in need of some serious capacity. With one headliner down for a refurb all other attractions waits get really long. Sad thing is, the new coaster will probably be a nightmare when it comes to capacity.

doctornick

This can't open soon enough. The Magic Kingdom is in need of some serious capacity. With one headliner down for a refurb all other attractions waits get really long. Sad thing is, the new coaster will probably be a nightmare when it comes to capacity.
Agree. That's why I think they really missed out with the FLE by not adding an extra flat ride and/or dark ride. The amount of space present would have allowed something if they had been more efficient and having an extra ride or two (and I'm not talking anything great, just a B- or C-ticket) would have made a big difference in the impact of the FLE, because, let's face it that rides, are really the hallmark of a theme park.

sloppy.joey

I think if Carsland, Avatar, and the lightly rumored Epcot attractions all make it through then attendence will not only be up at each of those but if your making a trip to WDW who misses out on the MK? With the extra people they may not have choice but to add rides to keep capacity and lines in check :)

bdearl41

Agree. That's why I think they really missed out with the FLE by not adding an extra flat ride and/or dark ride. The amount of space present would have allowed something if they had been more efficient and having an extra ride or two (and I'm not talking anything great, just a B- or C-ticket) would have made a big difference in the impact of the FLE, because, let's face it that rides, are really the hallmark of a theme park.

I agree with this very much. Hopefully they will build one in the back of the park near Gaston's village. It by no means was the most effecient use of space.

phi2134

I agree with this very much. Hopefully they will build one in the back of the park near Gaston's village. It by no means was the most effecient use of space.

I am not sure they missed out by not adding another ride, my only reason I think this is because when this area used to be 20K Leagues the area was amazing. IMHO that one ride I felt had a lot more to offer than the whole FLE.

And I think it has to do a lot more with the quality and size of the ride. I feel like Disney is starting to scale back its rides in order to maximize profits with this whole fastpass+ thing. If you start building a bunch of smaller rides, you spread out the people in all of the queues and fit in a lot more people, making the lines much longer for a much more mediocre attraction while still "offering" a lot to the customers. More people waiting in more queues, all thinking they are experiencing something great when in fact they just stood there for 2 hours to ride Aladdin's Magic Carpets (just an example)

I know that the opinion of a lot of people on here would agree that economics are starting to drive the show quality and ride quality, which I totally agree with, but I think this might be the new Disney that we will have to get used to or abandon for something else.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

You are correct. A dark ride that uses the LPS technology (updated Mr. Toad's anyone?) would be great.

doctornick

You are correct. A dark ride that uses the LPS technology (updated Mr. Toad's anyone?) would be great.

I love Mr. Toad and would have been happy to see it return to MK, but that's probably not the first franchise I would have considered for the FLE. I think a dark ride -- and if it used LPS, even better -- themed to Sleeping Beauty or Tangled (or actually having a ride themed to BatB) would have been a perfect fit in the Fantasyland Forest part of the FLE. I don't know how plausible it would have been, but feel like they could have "buried" a ride within one corner of the mountain of the 7DMT (the side facing LM/BatB), having the coaster go over the dark ride in that area, but better utilizing the space and adding another draw and capacity to the area.

Or alternatively, instead of Pete's Silly Sideshow, they could have made that into a ride instead of a M&G, with the tent being the queue/entrance and having a showbuilding behind it. I know M&G's are popular, but I don't think there was a huge pent up demand for the big 5 in circus outfits -- and even if they wanted to add that, they could have had an smaller M&G (one character at a time) set up in the back tent that houses the FP machines.

Adam5897

I just want a new E-Ticket. When was the last time TDO invested in a major attraction itself? I can't even remember. The last thing I can think of is ToT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom