Mine Ride Construction Update

Badger Brent

Well at least I will be selfishly getting my wish...I was just hoping that the Mine Train area wouldn't be an eyesore when we go in the beginning of Jan. 2014. The agonizing slow progess was beginning to frustrate me. That yellow mesh and unfinished rock areas should be pretty much done by then. I at least hope to see some test runs on the track with the trains while we are there.

tl77

It seems pretty quite walls or not. I think it would need to be quite since it's in the middle of New Fantasyland, or at least I hope it will be

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I can't get over how quiet the coaster is, but maybe it will be different when the walls come down.

Wait until it's filled with screaming guests. I know, I know it's just a kiddie coaster, but I scream like a little girl even on Goofini;). IMHO you can't truly enjoy a roller coaster of any kind without putting your arms in the air at least on the big hill and screaming.

Sped2424

I can't get over how quiet the coaster is, but maybe it will be different when the walls come down.
Also remember its probably hard to hear anything with all the ambient noise and soundtracks in the background. Plus Once the ride opens I am sure that area will have its own soundtrack music (Which I cannot wait to hear) playing enticing guests to come and ride.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The track is probably filled with sand and the top speed is probably not too high.

I was wondering about speed, it looked pretty darn slow. Wonder if that was toward the end of the track or slowing to enter show scene in mountain.

Nice to see whole coaster. Good sign. Kept looking for that rocking motion of the cars.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The amount of rocking may be dependent on the weight in the car.

If it really "rocks" as intended, I may not want the cars to go especially fast, personally.

Yeah, don't know. I wasn't anticipating a fast coaster however it just seemed very slow, but maybe it is the end of the ride.

orky8

Someone on disboards reported seeing testing with passengers (workers) on Friday 12/13. Also, lots of trees, including it looks like some over near mermaid/gaston and some on the Storybook side. Sorry for the links, but I'm not sure how to embed twitter photos (or if it can be done at all).

https://twitter.com//status/411964948861181952/photo/1
https://twitter.com//status/411974027675463680/photo/1

@wdwmagic - I'm ready for a photo update :) @photoflight - aeriels are acceptable too ;)

tl77

It probably won't be very fast or loud because the lift hills aren't that high, and all that adds up to "family caster"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom