Mine Ride Construction Update

Rose&Crowner

I'd be willing to bet whatever you want, as long as you're saying that the public will be soft opening on February 7 of 2014. No puns, no mathematical equations, no jokes. A lot of people are placing their hope in what you've said.

Look, I know your upset about the carrion birds eating the ride control panel, but if the pork shank isn't enough to wager about a ride in a theme park I guess you can welch in advance, madam.

Last edited:

WED Purist

Look, I know your upset about the carrion eating the ride control panel, but if the pork shank isn't enough to wager about a ride in a theme park I guess you can welch in advance, madam.
Where to start? Your English (it's you're not your) is poor, like the Welsh (English) from whence "welch" (to avoid payment on a bet) came. I didn't welch in advance, I advanced the wager. A Rose and Crowner would be speaking Deutsch without the Americans anyway, so this would be moot. And "madam"? What are you, ten?

Rose&Crowner

Where to start? Your English (it's you're not your) is poor, like the Welsh (English) from whence "welch" (to avoid payment on a bet) came. I didn't welch in advance, I advanced the wager. A Rose and Crowner would be speaking Deutsch without the Americans anyway, so this would be moot. And "madam"? What are you, ten?

You slay me, if I didn't know any better I'd say your inspector supreme of his majesties royal intertronz grammar police. Where to start: issue the first- you can't handle an internet owning, twos- you sound like Cotton Hill, thrice- I'm a red blooded American, USMC, in fact. Sorry you were wrong about the ride control panel love , Ta ta!

Skibum1970

Not to get nuked, DaMouse has some new pictures up. Nice photos including the much discussed log bridge. It isn't a log bridge but it looks nice. Looks like trees are going in as well.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Not to get nuked, DaMouse has some new pictures up. Nice photos including the much discussed log bridge. It isn't a log bridge but it looks nice. Looks like trees are going in as well.

Good picture of the thing at the top of the lift hill. I will let people make up their own minds as to whether this is just there for themeing or if there is more to it.

DSC04764.jpg

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
The big trees are ruining the force perspective IMO
Not trying to change your mind, but I think that once the smaller trees (albeit fake) are placed on the hill, it will seem a bit more realistic. With these bigger trees in front, it may actually make the hill seem further away. It's hard to see now, as there is so much "stuff" (scaffolding and such) on the hillsides at this point, but when finished, there will be greater depth, hence I think it will be acceptable. The shade-and general "greening"- of this section of Fantasyland, will be greatly appreciated by this guest. Still hoping for some trees in the new planters by Pinocchio's Village Haus. The Castle Courtyard still needs plant life. Potted topiaries in front of PhilharMagic and the new Princess Fairytale Hall would greatly soften the appearance of the endless hardscape.

Skibum1970

Not trying to change your mind, but I think that once the smaller trees (albeit fake) are placed on the hill, it will seem a bit more realistic. With these bigger trees in front, it may actually make the hill seem further away. It's hard to see now, as there is so much "stuff" (scaffolding and such) on the hillsides at this point, but when finished, there will be greater depth, hence I think it will be acceptable. The shade-and general "greening"- of this section of Fantasyland, will be greatly appreciated by this guest. Still hoping for some trees in the new planters by Pinocchio's Village Haus. The Castle Courtyard still needs plant life. Potted topiaries in front of PhilharMagic and the new Princess Fairytale Hall would greatly soften the appearance of the endless hardscape.

Agree completely. I was always struck by just how many concrete walkways with no shade existed at WDW's Magic Kingdom. Especially in such a hot state. I know the Utilidors may prevent planting but trees add depth and color. Plus, that area is the Fantasyland Forest and thus needs some trees to live up to that claim.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Agree completely. I was always struck by just how many concrete walkways with no shade existed at WDW's Magic Kingdom. Especially in such a hot state. I know the Utilidors may prevent planting but trees add depth and color. Plus, that area is the Fantasyland Forest and thus needs some trees to live up to that claim.
If you look at old pictures MK had more trees in the past. I don't know if they were removed due to issues with the roots or just because they over grew their locations. Main Street in particular at one time was lined with trees. I think they probably ruined fireworks viewing or something so they got removed. This site has some good pictures from 1989:
http://www.burnsland.com/adventures/2013/04/looking-back-magic-kingdom-in-1989/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom